The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, Sophie is very elegantly dressed at most times now. Her hats can be a bit edgy sometimes, but the overall look seems to work well for her.

I also think she will look better in softer fabric gowns instead of a stiff fabric like the red gown.

Yes I agree Dazzling. The red gown was quite aweful and rather badly made. The seams were rather puckered against the stiff fabric. As for the "pointly" petals on the bodice, just too ghastly for words. One would think that designers like Bruce Oldfield would know better. This is the first bad choice I have seen Sophie in for a long while.

Last edited:
I'm so pleased that Sophie's recent renaissance hasn't gone unnoticed in the popular magazines like Hello. As the article says, she has at times outshone the younger women.

Instead of a mid-life crisis she seems to have gained her second wind so to speak, and we are all left speechless because we didn't see it coming!

Exactly! Her fashion has been on-point lately and it's doing wonders for her. I am glad that in her mid 40's she still looks great.

Sophie and her daughter's photo is very beautiful. The outfit, very stylish and elegant color and hat.

Yes I agree Dazzling. The red gown was quite aweful and rather badly made. The seams were rather puckered against the stiff fabric. As for the "pointly" petals on the bodice, just too ghastly for words. One would think that designers like Bruce Oldfield would know better. This is the first bad choice I have seen Sophie in for a long while.
I agree with you both, the red dress was a "miss" in my opinion. The only other issue I have with some of her outfits is that they are rather low cut. Sophie has a rather largish chest, therefore she doesn't need anymore attention brought to that area of her body. That or maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy.

Her shoes were exceptionally high! I also envy her ability to walk on the cobbles in them, though she did ask Edward for assistance! You can see as they walk in she obviously says something about taking his arm and he gives it to her. Quite sweet really.

I can't fault Sophie, she looked brilliant. I much prefer her with hats when she has her hair up, it looks much better. I often forget she's 46!

Image + image2- what a beautiful shots of Sophie.

Agree about the age - hard to believe her age. Beautiful carriage. Her dresses also have that look that they are fun to wear and probably comfortable. A pleasure to watch. I agree with everyone - hands down the style winner!

Sophie has great bone structure and skin. This IMO makes her look much younger than her years. Her style has improved lately.

I agree with you both, the red dress was a "miss" in my opinion. The only other issue I have with some of her outfits is that they are rather low cut. Sophie has a rather largish chest, therefore she doesn't need anymore attention brought to that area of her body. That or maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy.

I would agree with that statement, but in a way it's good she isn't afraid to use that old say "if you've got it...". I do think, however, there is a time and a place and the outfit for Trooping the Colour was quite low-cut. I imagine there must be "rules" they must follow when it comes to fashion. I know that when they are in Buckingham Palace they must wear flesh-coloured tights and closed toed shoes, (thought you never see The Queen, Camilla or Sophie not wearing tights), so I guess there are rules regarding their clothes they must follow too. I was shocked to see that her jacket had been "allowed". But she looked good and it paired with her daugther's pink and white dress, adding to the cuteness. :D

Sophie has great bone structure and skin. This IMO makes her look much younger than her years. Her style has improved lately.

That is a very good thing to notice. She does have great bone structure and skin. I think she looks just as young as she did when she married Edward, perhaps with a few more "age lines". She has, and will, age gracefully.

Last edited:
:ermm::previous: Well I am not going to be picky. She has turned in a masterly performance representing her country overseas at weddings and such. Her outfits for the Monaco wedding were absolutely perfect and those for her nephew and niece's respective weddings, absolutely peerless.

Instead of a mid-life crisis she seems to have gained her second wind so to speak, and we are all left speechless because we didn't see it coming!

Very well said. Her outfit at Zara's wedding was the best I've seen her look in years. Beautiful color, gorgeous hat! I hope she contiues her streak. :)

Last edited:
The outfits she wore at the recent weddings have been her best imo including her hats. So yeah let's hope she continues this trend.

I like the colour too she really has been getting things right lately.

Didn't she wear that to Ascot this year I am sure I've seen it previously?

Really gorgeous, stylish, and elegant outfit on the Countess today! Love the color combo of gold( or is it silver?), and black, and the shimmer of the fabric.( Photos in her current events thread).;) And love her hairstyle!

Really gorgeous, stylish, and elegant outfit on the Countess today! Love the color combo of gold( or is it silver?), and black, and the shimmer of the fabric.( Photos in her current events thread).;) And love her hairstyle!
:previous:
Yes, very elegant and looks very good :)
Here is pic

I love this outfit from Sophie. I believe it is the dress she wore to William and Catherine's wedding, just styled with a longer jacket. I think it looks lovely and I love her hair longer. It's gotten blonder I am sure, haha!

I love this outfit from Sophie. I believe it is the dress she wore to William and Catherine's wedding, just styled with a longer jacket. I think it looks lovely and I love her hair longer. It's gotten blonder I am sure, haha!
I remember it as the dress she wore to Prince Albert of Monaco's religious wedding.;)
But you are right- same dress, styled with a longer jacket.:flowers:
But Lumutqueen, you are right- that is the same dress at Epsom. Different hat than at the wedding.
Is this the 3rd time Sophie has worn this outfit? If it is, great recycling!;)

Last edited:
I remember it as the dress she wore to Prince Albert of Monaco's religious wedding.;)
But Lumutqueen, you are right- that is the same dress at Epsom. Different hat than at the wedding.
Is this the 3rd time Sophie has worn this outfit? If it is, great recycling!;)

I said it was the same jacket as Epsom. Not the same dress.

Also, Sophie wore this to the religious wedding of Albert, http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/-4G9...dding+Ceremony/U2w9TEZhU7L/Countess+of+Wessex

Last edited:
Sophie has had great wear out of her wedding outfit, which probably cost a packet! If I forked out a lot of money on an oufit i'd make sure to wear it several times.

I loved the dress from Monaco. It was such a flattering fit. I hope she wears it again too. The only bummer is the hats do not tend to be recycled as much as the dresses. The hats from Monaco and Zara's wedding were STUNNING, but both quite different colours, thus they are limited in what they can be paired with. Still, she looked gooooooood.

Sophie looks elegant today. Really like the jacket. Seems to go with a great deal of her outfits.

I meant to say jacket.... oops!:ermm:
So she wore a different dress to the wedding? I cannot tell, they look the same!

The dress Sophie wore to Monaco is a lot darker than the dress she wore to William and Catherine's wedding. The British wedding outfit was a golden colour, whereas the Monaco wedding was a dark shade. I am not really sure what colour you would even say it was, but it looked lovely on her.

Sophie's wedding outfits this year (3 so far!) have all been spot on, especially Zara's. It's a shame we only saw that outfit briefly.

Oh, I know the outfit she wore for William and Kate's wedding was a different one than she wore for Albert's wedding, Molly.
I was comparing the one she wore to Albert's wedding to the outfit she wore 2day.
To me they look very similar to each other, if not the same outfit.

Oh, I know the outfit she wore for William and Kate's wedding was a different one than she wore for Albert's wedding, Molly.
I was comparing the one she wore to Albert's wedding to the outfit she wore 2day.
To me they look very similar to each other, if not the same outfit.

Ascot and the dress from today/yesterday is the same outfit ,that she wore for William and Catherine's weddinig (beige color) img img2 img 3 img4 img5 img6
but IMO the dress she wore at Albert and Charlene 's concert after civil-wedding is different ( it's gold)
img :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom