The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Am I right in thinking that's a black jacket over a leather-and-knit dress? It looks like knitting around the zipper and leather toward the sides. It's a very nice outfit.

The coat looks nice but don't like the boots.

From what I see it looks like an ordinary outfit, nothing special yet nice.

The 2nd outfit would have looked nice if the jacket was shorter.

I really do love the grey coat. Today's outfit was great as well. Well-matched.

Hmm... I don't like the jacket at all. It looks to big. She looks twice as big as she is. I am not in favour of this double-buttons...or how do you name that in english? Most women don't look good with those jackets especially not when you have big breasts. She has been looking better.

Agree the cream jacket is too long and not well fited makes her look bigger. Though I do love the first coat.

Love that hat, both black outfits look nice. Is Sophie wearing a big ol bunch of fake hair in a ball in the first pic or is it me?

I simply adore the hat from today, and both outfits are classy and simple.

I loved Sophie's ensemble yesterday, particularly the belt she wore with the coat. Very on trend! Her hat was lovely, but I WOULD have liked it more if it were black. It's the one she wore to Monaco, isn't it? I imagine, out of her LARGE collection of hats, she had a black one of similar style. Either way, she looked radiant today. I really love that she is wearing her hair up a lot more now. I can't wait to see what she does for Christmas, and I really hope Lady Louise comes along for the fun.

Her outfit for the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday was also lovely. I really liked her short jacket, and she had her hair up again which I loved. She looks so fresh for her age, Catherine and she look frightfully similar in age considering Sophie is almost 20 years older than her.

Last edited:
She looked really lovely on both days IMO the Saturday her hair was gorgeous.

I loved Sophie's ensemble yesterday, particularly the belt she wore with the coat. Very on trend! Her hat was lovely, but I WOULD have liked it more if it were black. It's the one she wore to Monaco, isn't it? I imagine, out of her LARGE collection of hats, she had a black one of similar style.

I'm going out on a limb here because I don't think Sophie should have worn this hat to Remembrance Day. She did wear it to the wedding in Monaco and it may have been great there, but it just seems too Ascot and frivolous for a somber ceremony. In a sea of black, it was a standout with its size, color and oversized feathers but not in an appropriate way, I feel. I think she could have made a better choice.

Last edited:
Yes, even if it meant wearing a black hat from a previous year.

I'm going out on a limb here because I don't think Sophie should have worn this hat to Remembrance Day. opriate way, I feel.... I think she could have made a better choice.

I think that one thing Sophie has learned to do is wear things that don't draw attention to her hips, because we're not seeing much that she's pear-shaped. This was probably what she was trying to do here with the jacket; but with the double-breasted front and the light colour, it just looked square.

Agree the cream jacket is too long and not well fited makes her look bigger. Though I do love the first coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another repeat from The Countess of Wessex on 15.11.11, where she visited The Lake District Calvert Trust.

One

I do like the grey dress/skirt (I am unsure which it is), but I think the coat could fit better. As someone mentioned before when Sophie wore this, it makes her look bigger than she is, and we know she is a trim lady. Is that a Louis Vuitton bag I see her carrying?

I like that her hair is up though, and it's not just in a pony tail. It looks like it's clasped together in clips. It looks very pretty.

Sophie looks really lovely here. I see she likes to wear her hair up these days and it does and an air of elegance to her look. Much better than a pony tail. I do love the cream trench coat style jacket she is wearing. I do not think it makes her look big at all. Suits her in actual fact.

I love the beige and grey combination. Sophie, as almost always, looks elegant and classy.

She looked very classy and professional.I love the jacket,and the purse is so cute!

Full look
She looks so beautiful and chic :)

Yes, Sophie looks fabulous, but the sight of little Louise with her tartan-colored coat, curly hair, and smile just made my Christmas day :D. Will share this image in the fashion thread for little ones, and give you credit.

The color is beautiful! I love the hat.

Sophie looked beautiful today at church. Honestly, the Royal women must have an endless supply of winter coats!

What a fantastic classic look- two thumbs up from me!

I like the cut and color of Sophie's coat but wish that hat was perched more toward the front of her head; I'd like it much better at that angle. And Louise looks absolutely darling.

Last edited:
Why do we rarely see full length shots of this most elegant of Royals?

Wow! She looks absolutely beautiful. And her darling daughter also. This girl is so sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom