The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Majesty

I really like the silver/grey dress she chose the best I think. However, the rest of the outfits were lovely as well. Sophie has very good taste, and always looks simple and elegant.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Another downer for me was the gold dress, the last in the photo series. From the waist up it looked fine, but the bottom half was too baggy and looked like a dust ruffle. I thought the beige day ensemble with her hat was very nice, but didn't care for the black flower with the white evening dress. And while I liked her use of prints for a tropical touch, I didn't care for some of them. I really wasn't blown away by her clothing, but liked her hair.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Some of the outfits worn by the Countess of Wessex were absolutely beautiful:
- The colourful green dress
- The elegant cream ensemble
- The stunning silver dress

The others I don't particularly care for, especially:
- The dowdy dress that doesn't compliment Sophie's figure at all.
- The black evening dress that would have looked lovely had it not been for the black details.
- The gold dress which could have looked fantastic if it fitted properly, especially the lower part. Love Sophie's hair though.
- The too busy looking dress with the hat that looks ridiculous and doesn't go with the outfit at all, doesn't help either.
- The print ensemble that isn't particularly wrong; the skirt and blouse separately are quite nice. However, the combination of two prints in conflicting colour, and the addition of the third colour in the form of the clutch just doesn't work for me. The blouse and the skirt would have looked fantastic combined with a solid colour piece.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

My favorite among her outfits here may be the cream one, it's the second you did post. And I might be in a minority, but I also liked the black evening dress. I thought it had a nice neckline, pretty soft & feminine appearing. The rest didn't impress me that much. I think Sophie can actually do much better.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

All in all, she looked very fresh in her dresses. I liked most of her choices!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
... I think Sophie can actually do much better.
I agree. Sophie has a great figure and colouring - she can pull off any outfit. Mind you, I am a great admirer of her style; it's understated but usually very elegant.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Some of the outfits worn by the Countess of Wessex were absolutely beautiful:
Thank you for providing individual pictures. The green dress and the silver dress are absolutely divine. The gold gown is a bit much.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I am suprised that no one has updated Sophie's fashion choices in the West Indies.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Random Royal Appreciation: Sophie in the West Indies

My favorite one is the repeat dress she wore at the Monaco wedding.She looks very classy.I also like the polka dot dress.Not a fan of the black and white dress.I don't think it works for her.All in all,I am not really impressed by her fashion choices so far.
Some really nice outfits. Her style has taken so long to be so good. Her outfits look flattering, fresh and her age. I quite liked the green silk printed dress and the black & cream dress.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia;
The too busy looking dress with the hat[/B] that looks ridiculous and doesn't go with the outfit at all, doesn't help either.
- The print ensemble that isn't particularly wrong; the skirt and blouse .
Did a zebra vomit?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Did a zebra vomit?
Either a zebra or a snow leopard, but it's a horrid combination. I love your way with words.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Now, don't argue girls; most probably, it was a joint creation of a zebra and a snow leopard. And a blind stylist.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. I find that, when I look at this picture, my eyes are going: top-skirt,top-skirt,top-skirt,top-skirt--like they're watching a small, upright tennis match. My eyes don't know where to focus. Very strange effect. The top needs a plain skirt or at least one in the same pattern as the top.

Quote:
- The print ensemble that isn't particularly wrong; the skirt and blouse separately are quite nice. However, the combination of two prints in conflicting colour, and the addition of the third colour in the form of the clutch just doesn't work for me. The blouse and the skirt would have looked fantastic combined with a solid colour piece.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Commoner

I think it is a solid skirt. Those are watermarks on the photo - you can see they extend all over the background.

Here's a clearer picture of the outfit.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Yep, it always pays to look twice; that's a much better outfit! Thanks for the clearer photo.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain View Post
I think it is a solid skirt. Those are watermarks on the photo - you can see they extend all over the background.
Here's a clearer picture of the outfit.
Thanks A LOT for posting that picture.
It's quite a relief to realise that was a watermark and not Sophie going blind even if it does mean I need to check my eyesight!
As we all suspected, the outfit looks wonderful with a solid skirt.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Now, don't argue girls; most probably, it was a joint creation of a zebra and a snow leopard. And a blind stylist.

Quote:
Thanks A LOT for posting that picture.
It's quite a relief to realise Sophie that was a watermark and not Sophie going blind even if it does mean I need to check my eyesight!
As we all suspected, the outfit looks wonderful with a solid skirt.
Oh, that is a much better look. Whew .

Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Now, don't argue girls*2; most probably, it was a joint creation of a zebra and a snow leopard. And a blind stylist.*1
*1- Hear, hear!
*2- Daria and I argue, perish the thought! The day we do, I imagine! ( BTW, I know you were just having a joke, I get it.... no worries, but be warned I like to tease back!) All in fun.....
Old 03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Courtier

Thank goodness those were only watermarks on her skirt.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Three more outfits worn by the Countess of Wessex:
- A sophisticated and elegant white dress
- A gorgeous polka dot black and white dress
- Little black dress paired with beige shoes and clutch

I abslutely love all three dresses, especially the white one; Sophie looks incredibly elegant wearing it.

The pictures were originally posted by Thain, MagMil and EllieCat in the Current Events thread.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Three more outfits worn by the Countess of Wessex:
- A sophisticated and elegant white dress
- A gorgeous polka dot black and white dress
- Little black dress paired with beige shoes and clutch

I abslutely love all three dresses, especially the white one; Sophie looks incredibly elegant wearing it.

The pictures were originally posted by Thain, MagMil and EllieCat in the Current Events thread.
The black dress is my favorite out of the bunch. It appears to be elegant, simple and best of all, versatile.

Closed Thread

Tags
sophie countess of wessex