The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having looked at the pics Magmil posted of Sophie wearing the fascinator in 2009, there's definitely a more sophisticated look for the Garter ceremony. Her hairstyle really suits her. She also looks very slim in her outfit today.

Oh, her hair is long enough for a lovely updo - love it!! IMO that looks so much better than her usual hairstyle, I always thought that an updo would suit her a lot and she looks much younger with it. It's a great fascinator and I love the whole outfit. Elegant and yet with a young, lively touch. :)

Thank you for these links. I really like the outfit, I think Sophie looks very sophisticated. I LOVE her hair up and I am glad it's long enough to do so. Looks lovely with the fascinator. I cannot wait to see her Ascot outfits now. I hope she wears her hair up for them.

Sophie is one of those women who has gotten better with age. She was pretty when she first joined "The Firm", but now I think as she's grown into her role, she's become much more sophisticated, and with that, more beautiful. Good job.

Ps. I still love that Lady Louise was in the crowds watching. Her school musn't be far from the Chapel.

I don't really like her outfit but it was cute that she and her daughter both wore pink!

Here is a better image of the Countess' hair. I really it when Sophie wears her hair up.

Here is a better image of the Countess' hair. I really it when Sophie wears her hair up.

I just want to post this picture :)
Sophie is waving to Lady Louise, she is behind the police officer :)
How beautiful :flowers:

I just want to post this picture :)
Sophie is waving to Lady Louise, she is behind the police officer :)
How beautiful :flowers:

Very beautiful. I am glad we saw Sophie smiling today; I think Lady Louise helped cheer her up.

I think this may be a first for me, but I don't really like what Sophie is wearing at Royal Ascot today.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex + Two

I do like that she has her hair up though. It looks really pretty all twisted up.

Ok, I have changed my opinion on Sophie's outfit slightly.

Full length view

I like the colour; it's different. I am still not loving the sleeves, but I like the dress underneath. I think I spot her Royal Wedding handbag too. Good choice, Sophie.

Nice color on the outfit, but the jury is still out on the other aspects (except the hat, which is a definite 'no').

I think this may be a first for me, but I don't really like what Sophie is wearing at Royal Ascot today.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex + Two

I do like that she has her hair up though. It looks really pretty all twisted up.

Freshness, there is some colors in hers outfits :) like it :)
Especially the second picture :)
Maybe the hat is little big, but suit to her,a small change it's good ;)

I like the Ascot outfir it is a real change for her the style is also a cahnge from her normally simple lines and I love the hat it's gorgeous. it's just so lovely to see so many photos of her. Her hair is just great longer.

I prefer Sophie's hair longer because she can choose to wear it up with her hats and fascinators, however it looks better up when it's long than it does when she wears it down. Does that make sense?

Two more images of Sophie (with Edward, who I do believe is wearing the same tie from the Epsom Derby printed with horses) watching Ascot:

One + Two

I quite like her earings.

I prefer Sophie's hair longer because she can choose to wear it up with her hats and fascinators, however it looks better up when it's long than it does when she wears it down. Does that make sense?

Two more images of Sophie (with Edward, who I do believe is wearing the same tie from the Epsom Derby printed with horses) watching Ascot:

One + Two

I quite like her earings.

lovely :rose2:
and here is some more
Sophie bets
Sophie bets2
Close view

Ok, I have changed my opinion on Sophie's outfit slightly.

Full length view

I like the colour; it's different. I am still not loving the sleeves, but I like the dress underneath. I think I spot her Royal Wedding handbag too. Good choice, Sophie.

I love it all except the puff ball sleeves. :)

TWO was bearable, but the camera angle on ONE was very unfortunate !!

She looked as if she was an extra in a horror movie.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Sophie.

i just love it that she's finally stopped wearing grey, grey, grey all the time. Colour, yay! though i'm not so fond of the outfit, and though i like her hair up, in certain pics she can look quite severe. Love the hat; shows her sense of humour, and occasion.

the outfit Sophie wore to Garter Day is the outfit she wore for the Queens Jubliee in June 2002 - so its nearly 10 years old. The hat is a repeat from Ascot a year or so back.

Sophie at Ascot- Love the outfit and color, hate the satellite dish hat with feathers!
Garter Day- Hate the hat, hairstyle was nice, would have liked to have seen a more colorful outfit.
Cute to see Louise waving to her parents!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom