The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the evening dress looked terrible with those tan lines. And this isn't the 1st time this has happened with her, makes her look quite "trashy". The wedding outfit is nice and the details are lovely.

I thought she looked good. The pre-wedding gala gown is definately a departure for her (from what I've seen). But she looks happy so......

I think she looks absoluetly gorgeous no other word the hat is lovely the colour is beautiful on her just stunning IMO

She looked very good today. Very, very nice. Hat and hair also very good. She looks a lot younger than the 46 she is actually. I liked te evening dress as well, but a pity you can see the tan-lines.

The dress from the pre-wedding dinner has some unique detailing on the top! I like it!

Tan lines??? Ruined it.
Her hair looked great.
Ditto for wedding day.
Hat too big, but outfit suited her

Dinner outfit- gorgeous
Wedding- love the outfit, color beautiful, dislike the hat!

Plp were saying Sophie and Edward might be stressed about Lady Louise being on such public venue and I just wanted to say in that regard if they were, no need because she did so very well

Her pre-wedding gown was stunning. Color was great and a very nice look. The suit at the wedding was fine, the hat and shoes were awful.

That red gown could possibly the best look I have ever seen on the Countess, except for her wedding day!

Plp were saying Sophie and Edward might be stressed about Lady Louise being on such public venue and I just wanted to say in that regard if they were, no need because she did so very well

Lady Louise looked happy/excited and I thought Sophie looked pleased as well. I didn't get a good look at Edward. I never fully realized the age difference between Lady Louise & her brother, and her cousins until this wedding. I wonder what family holidays are like. Do they play with Lousie and her borther, or are they left to play alone?

Pre wedding very boring IMO especially the cut which has been seen over & over.

Wedding, great look & outfit, loved the hat & the detailing on the jacket.

ITA! The pre-wedding gown's cut was pretty boring and rather outdated, IMO. The color was great, though. Loved the wedding look.

i'm usually a fan of what the Countess wears. Although the suit was ok, though nothing i would consider wearing, i thought the hat was awful, and i usually like her hats. But the killer was the frumpy hairstyle. Considering how stunning she looked at the Easter service, just a couple of days ago, what a difference.
And also, i hate to say it, she just didn't look very happy in most of the photos. i know she has a busted rib, but surely sparing one or two of her trademark grins wouldn't have come amiss.

i'm usually a fan of what the Countess wears. Although the suit was ok, though nothing i would consider wearing, i thought the hat was awful, and i usually like her hats. But the killer was the frumpy hairstyle. Considering how stunning she looked at the Easter service, just a couple of days ago, what a difference.
And also, i hate to say it, she just didn't look very happy in most of the photos. i know she has a busted rib, but surely sparing one or two of her trademark grins wouldn't have come amiss.

I think she was happy, but we didn't see every :) because she wasn't in the spotlight of the cameras :flowers:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected ;)

Lots of nice smiles - thanks for those pictures. She's a lovely woman. I think her choice of color for the wedding was perfect, as opposed to wearing cobalt or purple and red together. Subdued colors work very well in the Abbey.

Sophie looks good in the long red dress at the pre wedding dinner. Good color for her. She has a nice warm smile too.

thank you for those pics, MagMil; i hadn't seen most of them. I stand corrected, Sophie was smiling a lot more than i had thought. and i also thought she looked wonderful in that red prewedding dress and stunning necklace.

Sophie looked really nice at the wedding, and Edward really suits a hat as you can't notice his baldness. I think Sophie's trademark is looking really nice, yet not ostentatious or super glam.

Did she attend the post wedding function ?? If so has anyone any photos I have looked but not as well as you alll seem to know the exact sites ...so help please

I haven't seen any. There are only those of the pre-wedding function, in the red dress.

Did she attend the post wedding function ?? If so has anyone any photos I have looked but not as well as you alll seem to know the exact sites ...so help please

nice pictures of the wedding. She is one of those women looking better when they are older. She is 46, isn't she? She looks younger! She is much more elegant now than she was when she was dating Edward. He should be proud of her. I think he is :)

The Countess of Wessex visiting the Chelsea Flower Show in London today, May 23.

The dress and jacket in black and red are really nice, but I think the whole look is too
dark for such a day event at a flower show, I think lighter colours would have been
better.

** Full view **

I really like the colours of the dress. They set each other off. I think this dress is beautiful.

Last edited:
I disagree...I think the black with the splash of red is lovely. I think she could have left the jacket, but maybe it was a little chilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom