The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Majesty

I really liked Sophie's attire for Trooping the Colour. It was elegant and classy (and again, I'm not a hat person, but really liked this particular one). The added bonus was seeing her and her daughter wear almost identical shade of pink. Lady Louise's coat looked classy as well.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The COW was the best dressed Royal lady at TTC today! Love her outfit and hat, and love that shade of pink!

Old 06-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton: Sophie gets a trainer to keep up with younger royals | Mail Online

Old 06-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's a lovely outfit. I'm just not fond of that hat shape. She seems to like it, I find it rather outdated and frumpy to be honest.
I'm all for wide-brimmed hats on her (and in general).
Nevertheless, she looked nice and her Epson outfit was also great - looking forward to her outfits at Garter and Ascot.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness

I have a problem with the size of the flower. it made look more like a pink cabbage. But the rest, shape of the hay, I liked
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
It's a lovely outfit. I'm just not fond of that hat shape. She seems to like it, I find it rather outdated and frumpy to be honest.
I'm all for wide-brimmed hats on her (and in general).
Nevertheless, she looked nice and her Epson outfit was also great - looking forward to her outfits at Garter and Ascot.
I love when Sophie wears wide-brimmed hats too. I think they really suit her. I forgot about the Garter service. I hope she attends!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Did not like Sophie's outfit today at the service, too dull and plain. And she looked bored and unhappy!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is a link to Sophie's outfit today. I have to admit, it is quite a plain ensemble when you considering what some of the other guests are wearing. It is a lovely outfit though, but quite informal for the event today. I love the headgear though!

I have to agree roseroyal; Sophie did not look happy today. Perhaps it's just the photographs that have become available, but she appears to be scowling in some of them. Yesterday she appeared to be very happy, perhaps she wasn't having a good day today. Let's hope it's nothing serious.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the full view- I had just seen the side before...
Do not like the outfit for reasons said above, and do not like the headpiece...
Old 06-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't care for the outfit at the Trooping of the Color, the neckline showed a little too much skin on top. The color was beautiful and the hat lovely, but not so much the cut. The outfit from the church service was a bit boring, she could have done a lot just by smiling but that didn't happen. Maxima is a prime example of how a not so great outfit can look much better when you smile.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Courtier

The Countess was the best dressed lady at Trooping the Color imo. Luv the hat!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujean View Post
The Countess was the best dressed lady at Trooping the Color imo. Luv the hat!
That title definitely goes to Lady Louise, haha!

Sophie attended the Order of the Garter at Windsor Castle today.

One + Two

I am sure we've seen this green headpiece before. Either way, I like it, particularly with her hair up.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

She look very pretty. I like the hair up too.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I really like her hair styled that way.

Although I don't always like her hats, I will say she seems to have fun with them. She picks such interesting ones.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love this fascinator, Sophie seems to favour fascinators rather than full hats.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
That title definitely goes to Lady Louise, haha!

Sophie attended the Order of the Garter at Windsor Castle today.

One + Two

I am sure we've seen this green headpiece before. Either way, I like it, particularly with her hair up.
Thanks Molly2101 for the photos
Very nice.I like too and hope so to see a full view of the outfit
Old 06-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I love this fascinator, Sophie seems to favour fascinators rather than full hats.
I think fascinator's look better on Sophie than full hats because of her hair length.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very smart love the green as well and would like to dee the dress underneath it looks beaded. The rose is very nice. In fact it is like the Trooping of the Colour rose and I do love that hat too. She has looked very lovely on all the occasions IMO over the last days.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
She looks very smart love the green as well and would like to dee the dress underneath it looks beaded. The rose is very nice. In fact it is like the Trooping of the Colour rose and I do love that hat too. She has looked very lovely on all the occasions IMO over the last days.
In last days/months all outfits are hits for Sophie in IMO

service for the order of the garter at st. george's chapel, windsor, berkshire, britain - 13 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20312086-015 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
service for the order of the garter at st. george's chapel, windsor, berkshire, britain - 13 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20312086-017 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie

it's not a full view just half of Sophie's outfit ,but you can see the dress.She is standing beside Camila and Kate :)
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

edit:
some new pictires
service for the order of the garter at st. george's chapel, windsor, berkshire, britain - 13 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20312087-007 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
service for the order of the garter at st. george's chapel, windsor, berkshire, britain - 13 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20312087-008 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
http://www.isopix.be/temp/preview/IS...312087-002.JPG

new pictures of Sophie,Countess of Wessex.She looks very pretty

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf
Picture details
Old 06-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Majesty

All three ladies look quite fabulous. Love Sophie's hairstyle, though not too fond of the greet fascinator.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread