Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Love it...

Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

She looks okay, the dress' design together with the jacket looks pretty outdated to me, though. But I do like the color combo on her.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

That's the best look I've ever seen on CoW. Outdated? That's a style that never goes out of style.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Gentry

Not a great look for her...too boring
Old 05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yeap, Kitty. Outdated, at least to me.

PS: I actually think Sophie is a nice dresser but for my personal taste she always dressed a bit too old.
Purely a matter of taste.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Yeap, Kitty. Outdated, at least to me.

PS: I actually think Sophie is a nice dresser but for my personal taste she always dressed a bit too old.
Purely a matter of taste.
Define "too old", as Sophie is 46, not much younger than my mother, and I could picture her wearing something similar. I often forget Sophie is 46 as her children are quite young and Charles is much older. HoweverI am then reminded of the large age gap between Charles and Edward.

I disagree, I think the dress is very age appropriate. The colours blend well together. I think Sophie is quite an elegant dress. Her headpieces, at times, do lead to huge discussion and are often quite "out there" but usually her clothes suit her figure.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

i liked very much :),it's lovely combination :)
Old 06-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Epson Derby 2011
The Countess of Wessex looks very lovely, this color of outfits suits to her very well

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

the derby, epsom downs, surrey, britain - 04 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20308823-010 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
Old 06-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice smart is that the bag from the wedding love the hat I do prefer a wide brim when it comes to hats and the colour is great on her .. a winner ... IMO
Old 06-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Can you provide another link to a pic of Sophie?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Nice smart is that the bag from the wedding love the hat I do prefer a wide brim when it comes to hats and the colour is great on her .. a winner ... IMO
I do think it is the same bag from the wedding and I think the dress beneath the jacket is from the wedding, just with a longer dress instead. Excellent way to use the outfit twice, using different jackets. I think the colour and style of the dress and jacket are beautiful and although the hat is a bit "out there", as are most of her hats, I think it's lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal
Can you provide another link to a pic of Sophie?
Here is a link to another photo where you can see her hat more clearly. Courtesy of Zimbio.

here is another link to a picture of Sophie. Courtesy of Daily Mail via PA .
Old 06-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

her shoes looked exactly like the ones worn by The Duchess of Cambridge.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Not feeling the hat. I don't like the flowers sprouting from underneath the brim.

Love the shoes. They do look like Kate's. I've seen those nude heels on a lot of red carpets lately.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Not feeling the hat. I don't like the flowers sprouting from underneath the brim.

Love the shoes. They do look like Kate's. I've seen those nude heels on a lot of red carpets lately.
I am pretty sure they're the same shoes she and Princess Beatrice wore to the Easter service this year. I am sure it was Beatrice who was wearing them, but it could have been Eugenie. I know it was one of the York sisters. They are lovely shoes though. I always wonder on how earth they walk in such high heels in grass. I can barely walk in them THAT high on solid ground, let alone soft earth, haha.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

You're right, she did wear them to the Easter service. I just found a picture of her and Eugenie.

Princess Eugenie Photos - The Queen attends Easter service - Zimbio

It really does take some type of skill to wear heels in grass. I've not been able to master it yet. Lol.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
You're right, she did wear them to the Easter service. I just found a picture of her and Eugenie.

Princess Eugenie Photos - The Queen attends Easter service - Zimbio

It really does take some type of skill to wear heels in grass. I've not been able to master it yet. Lol.
I thought I recognised them. They are beautiful shoes. I'd love a pair...though I doubt I could afford the pair they own. Perhaps i'll settle for a TopShop remake, haha. It is a skill to walk on the grass. Hats off to the ladies there.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

They really are beautiful shoes. I've been on the hunt for an affordable pair for a while now. Some day I'll find them.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Well if you do find a pair and they are from a shop that is available in Europe, inform me! Hah.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Majesty

The outfit at the Derby looked quite nice, but I would have gone without the flowers on the hat.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Well if you do find a pair and they are from a shop that is available in Europe, inform me! Hah.
Will do! I did find out that Kate's shoes are LK Bennett London. But they are out of my price range.

Sledge2 Court Taupe L.K.Bennett

You were also right about Beatrice wearing nude heels. She wore them to the Chelsea Flower Show.

Here's another photo of Sophie. I'm still not liking that hat.

Photo from Getty Images

Closed Thread