The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Yes, I agree about the white hose. A tan shade would look better if she didn't want to go with dark hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I love the look of this and the higher heel as well. But she looks as though she's wearing white hose, that makes it look a bit 80's IMO.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Nobility

HRH rarely seems to wear black hosiery and the white stockings seem to be her preferred choice.
Is everyone familiar with the recent story where the Countess had her heels fixed on a Royal engagement? The press were quoted as describing the Countess waiting in her "silk stockinged feet".
I do absolutely love her heels. The seem very high and in photos with other Royals, HRH does seem to dominate over them!

Old 12-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

I think you are referring to her engagement on Nov. 23: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sons-tour.html. This would sound more negative that it's meant to come across, seems to me the "repair" was p.r. piece than for real. It's more orchestrated for the benefit of the attendants. I really don't think the Countess was waiting for that particular visit to fix her heels.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Nobility

I completely agree. The Countess was obviously only having her heels fixed out of curiosity and interest in the process rather than out of necessity.
I was just using the example to highlight her preference for a certain style of hosiery.
By the way, have a look at the IBL pictures from Christmas day. There's a picture of Sophie where the Queen is standing behind her and I'm sure Her Majesty Is looking down at Sophie's heels.
You can fill in the captions for what the Queen is thinking yourselves!
Old 12-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Majesty

I think Sophie looked very elegant and regal on Christmas day... perhaps taking a cue from the French first lady, Carla Sarkozy
Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Blue is a very good color on Sophie, the suit is perfect for her. I'm not crazy about the black accesories, but I don't know what would have looked better.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:39 AM
Nobility

Here's the pic of the Queen studying the Countess's heels!

http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?i...34960abrq7.jpg

Old 12-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65 At church 28th Dec08 its the return of the "saucer" hat

this is what the hat looks like fron the front as it was previoulst worn on Remembrance Sunday
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/...archiveid=5018

Old 12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by servingsophie View Post
Here's the pic of the Queen studying the Countess's heels!

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 834960abrq7.jpg

I so enjoyed seeing this photograph! Sophie looks wonderfully elegant and the Queen is probably remembering when she used to wear higher heels "back in the day" that had a more dainty heel than what she now wears.
I do agree that seems to prefer a light hose. Perhaps she wants to try to match her skin tone? I know I can't stand hose that are too tan and I generally wear a nude shade myself.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65 At church 28th Dec08 its the return of the "saucer" hat ... [snipped]
From one side, Countess of Wessex should be lauded for recycling the hat. From the other, I would say that this particular saucer hat did not suit her well because the hat looked like black honey comb glued to a head. Additionally I would say that the black colour particularly does not become Countess of Wessex well. She tends to look drawn wearing black outfits. Of course, my opinion can be wrong.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Royal Highness

Sophie has several "saucer" hats. I'm not crazy about the pie-in-the-head look.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Nobility

On an engagement this week:
The Countess in a dark blue suit...

HRH The Countess

And I think the Countess looks fabulous in this shot taken just after Christmas!
I adore the boots!

The Countess
Old 01-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

I think the countess gets better every time love the coat and boots !!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
I think the countess gets better every time love the coat and boots !!
I thought HRH looked glorious over Christmas but I think the boots look spectacular!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 AM

HRH look lovely today at the unveiling of the Queen Mother Memorial, a beautiful dress and the gloves and umbrella were very elegant, though again the outfit is ruined by that dreadful saucer on her head

The Queen Unveils The New Statue Of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother - Pictures - Zimbio

God Save The Queen!

Old 02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
HRH look lovely today at the unveiling of the Queen Mother Memorial, a beautiful dress and the gloves and umbrella were very elegant, though again the outfit is ruined by that dreadful saucer on her head

The Queen Unveils The New Statue Of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother - Pictures - Zimbio
I love the sucer hats becasue she wears them well IMO. The outfit is stunning & very elegent. Its something that reminds me of Victoria Beckhams in a way. I like the black gloves, goes well with the hat and shoes. This is what I call elegent & a royal outfit IMO
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

She is dressed in good taste!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like this outfit. The dress and hat are both very chic.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Aristocracy

She looks fabulous - very stylish and elegant. I do worry about how she will be able to lift her arms though!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Its a nice dress but i would prefer a jacket or coat rather than that cape - and dont get me started in that hat (3rd time its been worn) its gets worse

Nice touch she wore the Queen Mum's brooch

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, sophie countess of wessex, style