The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2003 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Majesty article about her clothing the designer, who is in Sloane Square and who's name escapes me said she actually looks for all the extras Sophie needs Tshirts etc and it is probably not as busy a job as working for a CP as Sophie does an amazing job of recycling and does try to remain a low profile royal. I wish I could remember the woman's name though.

I think she could afford one.
I'm not so sure, with all the reports we hear about them struggling financially. It sounds like they don't receive a large stipend from the Queen. I tend to agree with Muriel that she may utilize a personal shopper. Much more economical. :)

Is it possible that the Queen allows Sophie to use her wardrobe person (stylist) since Sophie doesn't need too many outfits. Sophie's suite seem so well tailored. Or perhaps the Queen needs too many outfits herself to share her stylist?

^^ I suppose it is possible. Perhaps she allows Sophie to utilize her stylist on important occasions when she wears gowns as they seem to be custom made for her.

Sophie has a nice overall style, mostly conservative but always appropriate.
Although I don't always like her choice of hats.

Sophie attending Easter Sunday church service at St. George's Chapel on April 4, 2010 in Windsor. (There were only 2 photos available)
Pic 1
Pic 2

I liked the red coat and the hat. Again, beautiful and discreet jewels. Very elegant IMO.

Yes the red coat has had quite an airing this season I like the hat and have always disliked that bag YUK otherwise nice guess she wore biege shoes.

It looks like a nice, elegant outfit. A shame we can't see it better, particularly her hat.

Sophie attending Easter Sunday church service at St. George's Chapel on April 4, 2010 in Windsor. (There were only 2 photos available)
Pic 1
Pic 2
She looks very nice. I'm assuming she rode with the Queen again and that's why there aren't many photos? It looks like she's getting into a car.

:previous:
Yes, I believe she did ride with the Queen. In this photo it looks like Sophie's profile in the car.
Pic

Sophie has been riding to the church service with the Queen for a few years now. It's nice for her, however not for us as we don't get a good look at what she's wearing. Couldn't she be more considerate to us fashion watchers. :lol:

Sophie looks wonderful!!! I think she is a sexy lady with good style.

Couldn't she be more considerate to us fashion watchers. :lol:
:lol: So true Opal. I wish I could see the design on her hat better. Oh well, her outfit looked lovely for Easter.

When looking for better pictures of her outfit I came across these pics of a visit Sophie did in Paderborn, Germany a couple weeks ago. It looks like it may be the same dress.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Yes, it looks like the same outfit to me, minus the hat.

I think it is the same red dress with beige top. So now we can see the whole thing. Thanks rchat! Although it looks more like a coat dress.

http://i44.tinypic.com/fe05r4.jpg at the private viewing of the Grace Kelly exhibition at the V&A musuem London - the Countess is wearing a fab pair of Christian Louboutin shoes - im not so sure about the dress and i would love a closeup of the earrings as they are intruiging me

http://i44.tinypic.com/fe05r4.jpg at the private viewing of the Grace Kelly exhibition at the V&A musuem London - the Countess is wearing a fab pair of Christian Louboutin shoes - im not so sure about the dress and i would love a closeup of the earrings as they are intruiging me

Thats one lovely dress, like all the work going down the front.
Shoes are beautiful.

I don't really like it but then I am not a fan of what she usually wears

She looks beautiful, shame she isn't attending the Danish celebrations.

That's a very glamorous dress and these elegant shoes are the best possible choice. Yes, Sophie can do glamour when she wants to!

Gosh I love the whole black look and indeed the earrings l, too would love a close up they look new. T he shoes are perfect for the outfit have looked for another photo but can't find anything any chance those better at it may find something?

She looks beautiful, shame she isn't attending the Danish celebrations.
She does look nice. I agree it's a shame she couldn't go to Copenhagen. I wonder why the British RF didn't send someone, not even a minor royal?

I’ve just been looking at the lovely pictures of Queen Margarethe’s 70th birthday celebrations; lots of Europe’s Royalty there with their beautiful gowns and tiaras looking stunning, and I wonder to myself, where has the glamour gone from UK’s Royal Family?

If they ever have a birthday celebration, e.g. Prince Charles’ 60th, all we ever see are photos of guests arriving in cars.

The Europeans seem to celebrate Royalty; the English seem to subdue it.

Rarely do we see them in full regalia, apart from the odd State Visit and even then it seems the same old crowd; The Queen, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Gloucester, and don’t get me wrong, they do look lovely, but what about The Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne? Rarely do we see them in a tiara.

And what about Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie? At their age Princess Alexandra (also the granddaughter of a Monarch) was being seen out and about looking glamorous in her tiara. Princess Margaret too.

Of course the Royal Family will not want to go back to those days when Princess Diana outshone everybody, but she did look lovely, didn’t she?

The European princesses always seem to be out and about looking tremendous in their tiaras and jewellery; why can’t our Royal Family show a bit of glitz and glamour now and again?

I recall Sophie looking absolutely stunning in an orange shot pink gown; she can look fantastic when she tries. It was good to see her and Prince Edward with Prince Albert and Charlene; I wasn’t so fond of Sophie’s outfit this time, but she always makes an effort, it’s just that we usually see her in daytime clothes. I’d just love to see her in that fabulous tiara that she wore when Prince Albert became Prince of Monaco (the one with the really big aquamarine in it).

It seems a shame that none of the BRF went to Queen Margarethe's 70th celebrations.

I agree with you EllieCat. They used to send Prince Edward and Sophie to royal celebrations outside of the Uk to represent the British RF. I don't know why they don't seem to anymore. I realize Edward and Sophie had another engagement in London, but they still could've went on the last night, or another royal (even a minor one) could've been sent. Just someone to represent the British Monarchy.

It seems a shame that none of the BRF went to Queen Margarethe's 70th celebrations.
It was because of the volcano problem. It was supposed to be the Duke of Edinburgh to represent HM, but due to the problem he could not go. The same problem happened for the King and Queen of Spain as well as King Albert & Queen Paola of Belgium.

I forgot about the volcano situation. So perhaps they weren't able to fly north because of the ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom