The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2003 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wax jacket is a coat with a coating of wax to make it water proof. The one the Countess is wearing is popular amongst equestrians.

Thank you! All I had to do is look at the pic of Sophie wearing hers and I could have figured that out. I think that we here across the pond call ours Slickers. :)

After looking at pictures 2, 3 and 4, I think Sophie could use a good "foundation garment" (as my mother would call it! I would call it investing in Spanx!). A little bit of support here and there could help her figure. Overall, she has good taste in clothing and knows how to look for whatever event it is.

In photo 4 she is in early stages of her pregnancy no.2 that is but I agree on a regular basis a good foundation would not go astray.

Yep, proper undergarments would help immensely in the eveningware department in her mid-section and chest area. (I wouldnt step out the door for a glamor evening without my Spanx, BTW!)

I really like the white and black dress on pic 2.

Not a great hair day IMO, and I'm not keen on this hat. The coat is quite nice, but somehow I'm not a fan of this red gloves together with the coat. Looks pretty 80ies or 70ies to me.... :ermm:

I liked Sophie's liitle roses what I thought was odd as her gloves seemed too big the idea of them was nice though. Her bag was new?? thankgoodness a long overdue investment. I liked the coat too and the shoes have really added to the freshness of her look. All in all festive.

Her coat is gorgeous and I like her red gloves. They add colour and make the outfit look more festive.

Sophie's coat is very nice and the gloves are alright but I don't like the red flowers in her hair. I would've preferred that she wore a hat instead.

does anyone have a full length picture of Sophie at Christmas as i would like to see the shoes she wore

PrincessofEurope, I looked and couldn't find any full length pics of Sophie to see her shoes. Sorry
Here are pics of her attending Sunday Church at Sandringham - December 27, 2009

PoE, you can see her shoes in the video which ist included in this article, at approx. 20/25 sec. from the start:

BBC News - Royal Family gathers ahead of Queen's Speech

Not the video on the top, you will need to scroll down a bit.
:flowers:

I really love the holiday red gloves and bag- the Rose Headband/Fascinator looks a bit odd, but festive none the least.

Sophie's white coat is nice, however her burgundy hat is strange looking. :ermm: I think she's worn this hat before.

I liked Sophie's fascinator on Christmas and on the 27th her coat was outstanding, but she ruined the look with that hat. She seems to favor this style as she's had several hats made this way and I don't think it's flattering to any woman.

I agree with the other posters, the hat is unflattering (and I too think for any woman) and Sophie looks frumpy with it. Nonetheless her coat is classy and I at least like the colour of her hat.

Sophie looks lovey and I adore her "Union Jack Flag" clutch. :britflag2:

She looks great here. This coat is classy and the brooch makes it a sophisticated look. :flowers: I would have just preferred it if she had worn some dark pants.

It's a beautiful coat, although I'd prefer it a size smaller to fit Sophie's figure better.
The brooch is lovely and the clutch is certainly the big highlight!

Tomorrow the Countess of Wessex is celebrating her birthday. I'm looking forward to another elegant, sophisticated appearance!

She looks lovely and the closeups detail the work and divine quality of her clothing ...and yes the clutch is really lovely.

It's unusual to see conservative Sophie use such a trendy accessory. I love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom