Spanish Infantas's Fashion and Style Part 2: April 2011 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't see much of Elena in an official capacity now and I wonder if that's part of it. She's worn some eye poppingly bad outfits since she was a young woman but I think it just seemed more normal when she was doing more events.

I hardly ever like what Elena is wearing but it's obvious she's not trying to be fashionable and dresses to please herself which is an attitude I can get behind - provided the outfits are appropriate for the occasion or event she's attending.

We don't see much of Elena in an official capacity now and I wonder if that's part of it. She's worn some eye poppingly bad outfits since she was a young woman but I think it just seemed more normal when she was doing more events.

I hardly ever like what Elena is wearing but it's obvious she's not trying to be fashionable and dresses to please herself which is an attitude I can get behind - provided the outfits are appropriate for the occasion or event she's attending.

funny that you say that because elena was often classed in the spanish press as one of the most elegant in the SRF, at least when she was married to jaime. jaime has a solid interest in fashion, he is currently part of the board of LVMH, and i believe some of that rubbed off on elena. i guess the fact that she divorced him and also that she is no longer part of the official spanish royal family contributed to her adopting a more relaxed style.

funny that you say that because elena was often classed in the spanish press as one of the most elegant in the SRF, at least when she was married to jaime. jaime has a solid interest in fashion, he is currently part of the board of LVMH, and i believe some of that rubbed off on elena. i guess the fact that she divorced him and also that she is no longer part of the official spanish royal family contributed to her adopting a more relaxed style.

I remember that! Elena dressed differently during her marriage but was still not especially elegant, (just my opinion). Jaime's taste is quite fussy and that's what I saw on Elena during those years.

Looking back over the years, the truly elegant members of the SRF were JC and Sofia. I don't think either of the Infantas or the current king inherited that innate sense of style, although all three can look very nice.

Bit of a messy looking outfit the tassle like earrings and necklaces don't do it any favours either.

It looks like the kind of outfit a young child would dress up in whilst stealing their mother's clothes from their wardrobe :D I'm not a huge fan.

Though she wasn't in the official line up ,Elena could have worn something better as she is still the Kings sister and looked as if she were at a football match.

Big miss on Spanish National Day.

I don't think she cares. She is being herself now and tough if we don't like. I would love to see her meet someone that would "help" her like Jamie did when she was married. A couple of her awful outfits remind me of her mother, Queen Sofia, silly pajama loud outfits. A new hair style, appropriate for her age and shape of face and more classic clothes plus make-up over haul......she could really shine. But, now since no longer in official capacity, single and children older and not in need of 24/7 baby-sitting, she is doing her own thing. Maybe she feels that this is the only way to get any attention now. I just wish this nice lady would pick another way and not with her taste in clothes.

She might be the King's sister but she has clearly been sidelined, so she most likely considers herself just 'another' spectator and dresses as such. I don't blame her for that. If they wanted her active participation in royal activities they should have organized that (inviting her to the reception for a start) but that is clearly not the case.

She might be the King's sister but she has clearly been sidelined, so she most likely considers herself just 'another' spectator and dresses as such. I don't blame her for that. If they wanted her active participation in royal activities they should have organized that (inviting her to the reception for a start) but that is clearly not the case.
You have made a valid point. Infanta Elena is not a member of the royal family anymore. She is free to wear whatever she wants to.

On a different note ... I've given up on her choosing to wear elegant Don Jaime (as I call them) ensembles she may have in her wardrobe.

Last edited:
Elena is an Infanta of Spain but she's no longer a member of the royal family and one of the many benefits to that is being able to celebrate National Day however she likes. Based on the pictures I've seen she looks very happy to be there as a spectator and to be spending time with her daughter. Her fashion sense is never going to be everyone's cup of tea but that's nothing new.

It wouldn't be too bad minus all the accessories ,the plastic brooches,beads and so on way too much going on.

Infanta Elena in red and blue at the Madrid Horse Week 2017 yesterday, November 25:

** Full view **

A nice casual look. She looks good in red and she looks happy as she always does when she’s riding or at equestrian events.

Is Infanta wearing Elena wearing jeans? The top half is nice nothing too fussy.

Elena at the presentation of the Mapfre Foundation Award of the International Contest of Infant Education Story Writing at the Fomento Altozano High School in Alicante today, January 25 - nice!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Asides from the messy hairstyle its a nice suit and cut ,plus its nice to see Elena dressing up.

Infanta Elena looking lovely at the Order of Golden Fleece ceremony at the Royal Palace today, January 30:

** Full view ** Hair **

Its a nice suit and colour on the Infanta Elena and the pearls are a nice classy touch,not crazy about the hairstyle.

Its a nice suit and colour on the Infanta Elena and the pearls are a nice classy touch,not crazy about the hairstyle.
I think she really looks nice and very classy today even her make-up was well done and a tad more than usual which complemented her features. Her Hair, well it was off her face but I don't think she styles nicely [except when professionally done] maybe she just doesn't know how or can't be bothered. A nice cut and style age appropriate would look lovely, but maybe this is her mind-set and she loves it.

She looks beautiful. Love the suit

I think she looks good, too. Elena’s had her own unique look and style since she was young. Some days she looks better than others and today was a good day.

The upper part is ok but those trousers are horrible remind me of a pair worn by queen Mathilde in Davos recently.

Infanta Elena elegant in a black suit at the National Sports Awards ceremony in Madrid today, February 19 - the flower brooch is really nice, the highlight of her look:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

The lace looking blouse looks like a mantilla and it too transparent looking so not a good look on the Infanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom