Spanish Infantas's Fashion and Style Part 2: April 2011 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Indeed, that dress was great!

Elena visited the "Infanta Elena" school today October 2, 2012 looking lovely again, I especially like the blouse and the hairstyle:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Hair **

Elena looked wonderful at that event.

Elena at the Red Cross Fundraising Day 2012 in Madrid on October 10, 2012, wearing an outfit in red and white. White pants without stripes would maybe have been a bit better, but the upper part with the two shades of red is great.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Elena at the annual meeting of the Cervantes Institute in Madrid on October 11, 2012, wearing a nice and elegant combination and once more a wonderful hairstyling:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hair **

October 12, 2012 - National day.
Wearing a very elegant suit with fur around her neck and a lovely hairstyle.
This is a very elegant suit that also fits very well. The high waist skirt with the shortish jacket is lovely. The fur takes this look to a different level IMO.

Suit is by Oscar de la Renta

Side view ** Front view

Last edited:
She looks wonderful! Beautiful suit that looks perfect on her.

Elena looks great, and has so for a while. The fur is really cool!

She looked amazing indeed. The best dressed royal lady today, IMO. everything was perfection: suit :)wub:), hairdo, jewells, shoes... I don´t like the fur, but that´s only because I hate furs, I must admit that it makes the whole look even more elegant. Still, I would have prefered no fur at all (I think it was totally unnecessary today, too, since we´re having relatively warm days lately).

Elena is a quite elegant lady, no doubt about that, the girl has it, IMO. But sorry to say, that I don´t like her when she spends 3000 euros on an only look. Excessive, if I can opine (and since I´m paying that, I think I can)

Wearing a very elegant suit with fur around her neck and a lovely hairstyle.
This is a very elegant suit that also fits very well. The high waist skirt with the shortish jacket is lovely. The fur takes this look to a different level IMO.

Side view ** Front view

Elegant Elena,she's my best dressed Spanish royal lady today!

All Spanish Royal ladies looked wonderful today, but I agree, Infanta Elena looked the best.
Elegant, regal, yet simple - not everyone manages that.

All Spanish Royal ladies looked wonderful today, but I agree, Infanta Elena looked the best.
Elegant, regal, yet simple - not everyone manages that.

Elena had been dressing well for sometime now,infact so has Letizia,hope this trend continues!!!

Now if only Infanta Pilar would wear a skirt ;)

Elena had been dressing well for sometime now,infact so has Letizia,hope this trend continues!!!
Now if only Infanta Pilar would wear a skirt ;)
Ah, but there is hope: Letizia, after all, wore a skirt for this year's National Day. ;)
And back to Elena, I really loved her recent red outfit as well. Out Infanta is turning into a real fashionista! :)

Infanta Elena looked regal. I liked the tweed ensemble.

Elegant Elena,she's my best dressed Spanish royal lady today!

Infanta Elena always looks very elegant. This particular suit is a great style for her . . . I would have done without the "fur" (I think it makes her look much older);)

Elena attended the 2012 Rafael Manzano Martos Architest Awards in Madrid on October 16, 2012, wearing a nice jacket, wide pants and another wonderful hairstyle - I would love to get a hair appointment with her hairstylist for once :)

** Full view ** Hair **

She looked amazing indeed. The best dressed royal lady today, IMO. everything was perfection: suit :)wub:), hairdo, jewells, shoes... I don´t like the fur, but that´s only because I hate furs, I must admit that it makes the whole look even more elegant. Still, I would have prefered no fur at all (I think it was totally unnecessary today, too, since we´re having relatively warm days lately).

Elena is a quite elegant lady, no doubt about that, the girl has it, IMO. But sorry to say, that I don´t like her when she spends 3000 euros on an only look. Excessive, if I can opine (and since I´m paying that, I think I can)

Elena does look fabulous indeed. Yes, the suit is expensive but I would look at it as more of an investment. Its a classic suit that will never go out of style. She could wear it 10 times and thus it can pay for itself. An average decent suit in the US cost anywhere from200 to 300 for a woman. And I am talking Ann Taylor, Lord Taylor, Nordstrom, etc. Nothing fancy but good quality fabric and a cut.

Love the hairstyle:flowers:

Elena attended the 2012 Rafael Manzano Martos Architest Awards in Madrid on October 16, 2012, wearing a nice jacket, wide pants and another wonderful hairstyle - I would love to get a hair appointment with her hairstylist for once :)

** Full view ** Hair **

suits a woman who enjoys watching bullfights

Wearing a very elegant suit
PHP:
with fur around her neck
and a lovely hairstyle.

Side view ** Front view

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous hair and I like the elegant outfit.

** Full view ** Hair **

Elena looks quite stunning.
Not many would have been able to pull off those pants, both colour and style-wise, but Elena certainly manages it.

Elena does look fabulous indeed. Yes, the suit is expensive but I would look at it as more of an investment. Its a classic suit that will never go out of style. She could wear it 10 times and thus it can pay for itself. An average decent suit in the US cost anywhere from200 to 300 for a woman. And I am talking Ann Taylor, Lord Taylor, Nordstrom, etc. Nothing fancy but good quality fabric and a cut.

That was her 3rd outfit from Oscar de la Renta within the two weeks. Of course she is free to spend her money whatever she wants, but Spain is in deep economic crisis, some fashion designers are on the brink of bankruptcy, so an infanta should try to help as much as she could, not always lives in her own world.

Elena never does the latest fashion but goes for timeless pieces - that might be expensive but can be worn a million times. For that reason, why should there be a public outcry? Elena represents her country and she wears - and repeats - classy outfits, like the Queen Sofia by the way, without being "trendy" or "fashionable".

I think what rather annoys people or makes them comment is when they see that a SRF member has 30 pair of peeptoe shoes and 30 pairs of platform shoes in all shapes and colours - although they may be cheap - and not a timeless but expensive Oscar de la Renta suit.

Elena still wears Chanel outfits that are 10, 15 years old.

Last edited:
What's wrong with peeptoe shoes (Sofia wore them too) or platform shoes ? Now even old women in Spain including Sofia wore them. In fact every woman in the family wore new shoes often if you count them per appearance, Letizia might have new shoes (I don't see her buying many new shoes the last 2 years) because she has more acts.

Spain is the 2nd or 3rd largest shoe manufacturers in Spain, some of Letizia's shoes are probably gifts. They are very happy that Letizia has been brought publicity to their brand, unlike Elena, she prefers Italian shoes, Chanel or Dior bags when Spain has a huge business in leather goods. Representing Spain should lead by example, benefiting Spain, not just some fake terms.

Sure there was no outcry for Elena's spending because incredible double standards, or rather no standard. Also I think she is not important in the future of the Spanish monarchy, thus Republicans have no interested at her, she has always been mostly protected by a certain sector of the gossip press (since she was the one who had married a noble) that has been maliciously criticized Letizia (ex. Jaime P, Paloma B). If Letizia had worn 3 Oscar de la Renta outfits (about $4,000 to $4,500 each) in a row under the current severe economic crisis, I bet she would have been called the new Marie Antoinette in Spain.
I don't think clothes made by a Spanish designer can't be worn 10 or 15 years later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom