Spanish Infantas's Fashion and Style Part 1: December 2004 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infanta Elena at the funeral of the two civil guard officers killed at a bomb attack in Palmanova.
PurePeople
PurePeople
Brown shoes and a dowdy jacket.

Infanta Cristina at the funeral of the two civil guard officers killed in a bomb attack.
PurePeople
PurePeople
The jacket is too tight and I would have preferred black shoes.

I have to say that all ladies of the Spanish royal family looked awkward. It appears to me that they did not pack formal suits with them and wore what they had. Infantas did not have black shoes. I just do not want to comment on the whole look because it is absolutely terrible.

I have to say that all ladies of the Spanish royal family looked awkward. It appears to me that they did not pack formal suits with them and wore what they had. Infantas did not have black shoes. I just do not want to comment on the whole look because it is absolutely terrible.

The infantas looked worst of all the female royals. Especially Elena looked very inappropriate to the occasion - her costume was out - of date, let alone the shoes that looked like male ones. Ironically, Christina's shoes were nice but inappopriate to the situation and the costume a bit better than Elena's.
Only Letizia seems to keep her good taste as she wore what one should at a funeral - taking black shoes as an example...

I see no need to be so categorical and emphasise charms of Crown Princess Letizia by demeaning Infantas. Infanta Elena has got an impeccable taste in fashion. She has shown it on multiple occasional pulling off outfits by Dior and Chanel. There are bad fashion days and there are good ones. The engagement in question was a bad day in terms of appearances.

Please try to avoid comparison's the Infanta Elena with Letizia or Christina - this thread is dedicated to Elena.

Thanks,
marmi

RHoF Moderator

I see no need to be so categorical and emphasise charms of Crown Princess Letizia by demeaning Infantas. Infanta Elena has got an impeccable taste in fashion. She has shown it on multiple occasional pulling off outfits by Dior and Chanel. There are bad fashion days and there are good ones. The engagement in question was a bad day in terms of appearances.
Yes, you're right. I saw Elena many times in really pretty outfits but this time her costume didn't suit her, I think. Unfortunately it sometomes happens...

Infanta Cristina at the funeral of the two civil guard officers killed in a bomb attack.
PurePeople
PurePeople
The jacket is too tight and I would have preferred black shoes.

I agree with you, LadyFinn, in the such cases, the most suitable was the pair of black shoes, the jacket should be a bit longer that it's.

The outfit is nice and its colour and shoes too,but I dislike the hairstyle and the make up

:previous:
The look fitted the occasion. White-light blue combination becomes Infanta Elena reasonably well. Shoes were perfectly chosen.

I'm sorry,those shoes are so old-fashioned now.In addition,they look so small and uncomfortable.I liked the light blue-white outfit,it's elegant,no doubt.

Although the shoes in question may look old-fashioned, I like them a lot. I see no reason for exclusively wearing trendy articles of clothes. Princess Anne of the United Kingdom recycles a lot of ensembles she has got and has been lauded for doing so in the current economic circumstances.

I really like the color of this skirt outfit. Very pretty. I like her shoes but they look a tad small for her feet.

This colour is one of my favourite ones, and Infanta Elena looks stylish and classic.
Good work has been done!

She looks fabulous! And I LOVE her hair like this. Very sophisticated.

:previous:
You are quite right. Infanta Elena did a wonderful job pulling off the ensemble. I like a sleek simplicity of the dress and an updo, which is a nice change from usual soft curls and and braids. The turquoise shawl added a Spanish touch to the whole outfit.

She usually lets me down,but not this time.She looks really glamorous & light blue definitely sweetens & suits her a lot!

I like the T-shirt and trousers, You're right - it's a sporty style. But the little bag is a little bit childish, but it's colors are lively... I'm not sure if it matches the whole set.

The above sports look may not be that successful,but I know Infanta Christina is an elegant & impressive woman.Recently I liked the outfit she wore during the Greek royal christening,that was a really good choice.I wish someone could post a clear picture here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom