The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Infanta Elena looked official in a light pink suit (I am not sure about the exact colour though). A nicely tailored outfit favourably ehnanced her figure. However, I wish she chose another hairstyle. She has been using this soft curls hairstyle too much ... in my personal opinion.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you!
Elena looks really nice and classy today!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Fiesta de la Banderita, 4/11/08
Elena looks superelegant, exactly how a royal should look. Great suit, appropriate jewellery. Fantastic apprearance!

http://i35.tinypic.com/2dv6cf6.jpg (full view)
http://i34.tinypic.com/21nhxr7.jpg (close up)
http://i33.tinypic.com/15oj96f.jpg (hair)
This suit and scarf are perfect! She looks amazing.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks great - I love the shoes, they are perfect!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Christina looks great. The dress is really flattering on her, and the tights & shoes are a great match.
Her hair seems neat, tidy, appropriate & well-suited too.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Royal Highness

great suit, fantastic colour; she looks great :)
I like this pink brooch very much
Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Madrid 11/11

Again Elena pretty in pink, very elegant jacket & brooch.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2v8s5zn.jpg
Old 11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice pink jacket!
It is a repeat from Party of Banderita 2007!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Infanta Cristina attends the grand opening for Francisco Godia Foundation new headquarters in Barcelona. 19 Nov 2008
Pic
Pic
(Belga pics posted by Lula)

Cristina wears the same trousers and the same shoes she wore at the presentation of thr Planeta literature awards in Barcelona, 15-10-2008.
Pic
Once again, nice top and awful trousers and shoes!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I don't think Cristina's set was from Oscar de la Renta. The belt looked matronly, very un Oscar de la Renta.

Here is from Oscar de la Renta
http://images.nymag.com/fashion/fash.../images/60.jpg
donnaK, That Oscar de la Renta is just wonderful -- would look fantastic on Letizia as she is model thin or even Mary. Wish one of them would purchase!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Infanta Elena at Present's Week 2009 Opening, Madrid.
Belga Picture
Belga Picture

The jacket could be just ok if in another colour, the trousers are awful, the shoes don't match the ( blue?!!) suit and they don't look nice with those wide legs trousers,....
A terrible outfit, imo!
I only like the fur scarf!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I could not agree more. This look was just plain wrong. Infanta Elena looks great in more tailored jackets/pants/skirts. This baggy suit made her look bigger.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

This outfit is not flattering. The loose fabric makes her look big (and she is not a big person), and the fur scarf doesn't seem to go with this type of outfit. The shoes and bag do not look good with this outfit. To me, it looks like she is in some sort of pajama or lounging clothes.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Courtier

If these are the only complaints, then "Whew!"
Elena manages to pull herself together for official appearances wonderfully. Single working mom with 2 kids - she does very well. Always impeccably groomed - not too flashy - always in good taste. Love the hairdos - she always makes an effort to look put-together.
The "navajo" jacket was probably worn on a whim - Elena always wears monotone colors and she probably just wanted to jazz up her appearance a bit - good for her!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

Not a good appearance for sure.About the fur scarf I think it was a total mismatch I'm sure she could think of something else.Does anyone know if they get professional help?A stylist or a designer maybe?
Old 01-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Nobility

I find the color combination of this outfit especially chic! Blue and brown go elegantly together. Her shoes match the scarf and the ornaments of the jacket. The looseness of the trousers does not bother me at all.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Not a good appearance for sure.About the fur scarf I think it was a total mismatch I'm sure she could think of something else.Does anyone know if they get professional help?A stylist or a designer maybe?
No, the SRF never hired stylists for their ladies. Elena used to have the 'professional' help from her hubby who still works for LVMH. Like I said before, without Jaime, she would soon be back to square one . But she still has many very nice clothes for recycling though, ex. the pink jacket and the beige suit a few posts above.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

You are quite right. I have heard that Don Jaime has got a good eye for fashion. He was rumoured to choose his wife's outfits. The examples of truly glamorous Infanta Elena on the first pages of this thread. I would agree with you that Infanta Elena tends to show inconsistency in fashion choices (hit or miss) nowadays. I hope that she has learnt some lessons, while living with Don Jaime under the same roof.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Courtier

As I do not like wide leg pants on any woman, I didn't care for this outfit which; is odd because I usually like Elena's style -- at least I did when she was married to Jaime
Old 03-19-2009, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Elena visits The School of Hotel Management and Turism in it's 50th Anniversary.18/03/2009
Jamd
Jamd
Bag
Bracelets

Tags
fashion, fashion and style, infanta cristina, infanta elena, style