Spanish Infantas's Fashion and Style Part 1: December 2004 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Her ensemble is what I call timeless chic.

Elena looks fabulous - she wears classy, timeless clothes which don't follow fads and the extremes of fashion. She gets a ton of mileage out of her wardrobe.

Elena looked great today and i love her shoes and bag - ive read that is a Chanel coat and you can tell

:previous:
Looking at the photo, I am inclined to concur with your opinion. Infanta Elena was fortunate to have Don Jaime, who helped to build her style and wardrobe up, as a spouse. She can look flawless by recycling some classical pieces such as the Chanel coat.

Jaime could become a stylist - he seems to have such great taste and he has the connections to the fashion houses -

Yes Don Jaime deserves some credit but still, it's one thing to advise but another thing to wear such clothes. Elena might not be pretty in the classical sense but has style and class to pull off the look. There are many royal examples - not necessarily in the SRF - where royal woman wear expensive designer clothes but only look "dressed up". If you have money (and the SRF or any other royal family certainly has) it's easy to buy Chanel, Armani etc etc but there is a danger to look tacky or "trying too hard". It never happens with Elena. She definitely interited the "royal aura" that can also be seen in her mother, Queen Sofia. Her dressing style only adds up to that.

:previous: I agree with every sentence of your post, Duke of Marmalade.
Zimbio
Elena looked elegant and classy yesterday.
She was by far the best dressed woman.

Princess Cristina of Spain attends the National Sports Awards at the Royal Palace on March 30, 2009 in Madrid, Spain.
Zimbio
Zimbio
BrunoPress

I don't like anything of her outfit!:nonono:

Princess Cristina of Spain attends the National Sports Awards at the Royal Palace on March 30, 2009 in Madrid, Spain.
Zimbio
Zimbio
BrunoPress

I don't like anything of her outfit!:nonono:

It's not flattering at all but I wonder if there is a deeper meaning to the red white combo since Infanta Pilar wore an almost similar combination.
Galerías de imágenes

It's not flattering at all but I wonder if there is a deeper meaning to the red white combo since Infanta Pilar wore an almost similar combination.
Galerías de imágenes

Could be. I have to say that even though the two ladies are wearing a similar outfit, Infanta Pilar's looks much more attractive than Cristina's. The jacket is just awful.

The jacket looks like something from the holidays and the pants are too summery. Not good together at all!

:previous: I agree with every sentence of your post, Duke of Marmalade.
Zimbio
Elena looked elegant and classy yesterday.
She was by far the best dressed woman.
Yes, she was the most elegant woman there.

It was left from her old days with Jaime. I don't like Letizia's open jacket + dress look, Cristina was horrible with a red jacket, white pants and black shoes :cool:. That's why I said on the other thread that Jaime needs to take those ladies to shopping :lol:.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3206/22060284.jpg

Poor Cristina! She usually looks so nice but she looks like she is caught in a time warp of the 1980's- wide shoulders on the outfit and the hair-do -
oh well, we all have bad days every once in a while -

Even for a luxury brand, not every piece looks good. Jaime deserved lots of credits for usually picking the right pieces for both day and evening events. Many royals often chose the wrong pieces from the luxury brands including iconic Caroline of Monaco the last couple of years.

Poor Cristina! She usually looks so nice but she looks like she is caught in a time warp of the 1980's- wide shoulders on the outfit and the hair-do -
oh well, we all have bad days every once in a while -

I don't think I agree with you. Cristina often looked very boring with her black or grey office wears, at least she wore a bright color jacket this time.

Perhaps that particular shade of red is not best colour for her complexion.
Too much red, since the blouse under the jacket is red too.
The jacket is too shiny and 80's shaped. :mellow:

I like the color of this jacket. The black that she is wearing really makes it stand out. She looks great.

Infanta Elena attending the first communion of Victoria Frederica
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009...erica-comunion-victoria-federica-02$599x0.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00McbdR9cn7vT/610x.jpg

(originally posted by lula)
She looked great. I like a classical outfit, pashmina shawl, and clutch. Shoes were perfectly chosen as well. I am not sure about an amount of jewellery Infanta wore. It is too much for me.

Infanta Elena attending the first communion of her nephews
... [snipped] Infanta Elena ANP Beeldbank ANP Beeldbank ... [snipped]
IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.
A bright red ensemble enhanced her complexion. The trendy platform shoes and Chanel bag nicely matched the whole look.

Infanta Elena look extremely smart today for Victoria's communion

Elena really changed in a positive way... became more and more elegant.
I really liked her suit today. I loved her hairdo. Very elegant look (and very sweet kids ;) )!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom