Spanish Infantas's Fashion and Style Part 1: December 2004 - April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand. Yesterday she looked like a character in a western movie. Today she looks like a matador about to run with the bulls. All she has to do now is dye that dress red.

I like the dress from yesterday but this one would look better without the jacket.

I think it looked good. She reminded me of something ancient and maybe fairytale like. Pretty neat to me.

Elena is not one of the most attractive women in the world, so her choice in dresses/fashion sometimes boggles my mind. It seems like she's hell-bent on making herself has homely as possible. That dress today at the wedding was just god-awful. What was she thinking?

Reading the comments I was scared about seeing the pics, but then I saw them and the dress is good! I like the spanish jacket..it's just weird how much her style is different from her sister's style.

I like the dress, You are right to say it looked special. A woman needs a strong personality to wear it - first of all she needs to be self confident and proud of her country Spain.

Elena was ( although I missed a smile).
This dress was different to the other because it had "character".
It was different from the other guests' airy silk somethings or the classical cutted queeny robes. Different from the Oscar red carpet style dresses.
But the difference doesn't make it generally bad.

It was great cutted, good, strong color that's suited Elena and with typical Spain details. Elena had the age and the figure ( great shape these days), the confidence and the proud to wear it and she did.

Great !

:previous:

I agree with the above comment. I don't think the dress is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I actually kind of like it. :)

The dress itself is pretty but not on Elena, its too girly, too young for her and it was not ideal for this event. Would work nicely at an opera event.
Her jacket/bolero is not my cup if tea but nice seeing her have a Spanish design.

The matador bolero ... OMG.
Elena has had a few odd choices since Jaime has gone; lets hope her clever and elegant fashion sense of the past has not broken down together with her marriage and we realize that it all depended on Jaime's advice.

Other than the color, I actually liked the upper part of Elena's outfit at the wedding. It celebrated Spain, her quirkiness in fashion and the styling was beautiful. I think the problem was the lower portion of the dress. If it had been a straighter line/column skirt like the ones worn by the Thai princesses, the bolero would have been the focal point. Even though EVERYONE noticed the bolero, there was no focal point because the big skirt kept drawing attention down. It was just out of proportion, IMO.

And yes, Elena is regrettably unfortunate-looking. But she can look quite pretty in the way Princess Anne, the Princess Royal, can occassionally look quite pleasant and approachable. Besides, Elena has the most fantastic body. A fitted skirt with a bit of a slit to show her amazing legs would have been a much better choice. And yes, a different color.

I think that the Spanish elements of this outfit have been quite an interesting idea. Otherwise - when I first saw her, I didn't like it. The color doesn't suit her, IMO.

Infanta Cristina's dress and entire outfit is one of my favorites. The dress is beautiful and my, she did look so regal with this tiara and hairdo. She's definitely a beauty. :flowers:

I loved Elena's outfit. She has courage to wear something different & original. A statuesque gown suits her.

Well, that's a real eye-catching print! :eek: I wish we could see the blouse underneath better. It looks pretty and delicate.

^ Please do, DukeOM! ;) The real disaster is the look on her face... What happened?! :ohmy::D

The ensemble is hideous. While I understand Infanta Elena's desire to recycle some things in her wardrobe, this sartorial creation should be thrown away. The bag looked great though.

That outfit just doesn't suit her, she shouldn't wear so many bold colours at once.

Other than the color, I actually liked the upper part of Elena's outfit at the wedding. It celebrated Spain, her quirkiness in fashion and the styling was beautiful. I think the problem was the lower portion of the dress. If it had been a straighter line/column skirt like the ones worn by the Thai princesses, the bolero would have been the focal point. Even though EVERYONE noticed the bolero, there was no focal point because the big skirt kept drawing attention down. It was just out of proportion, IMO.

And yes, Elena is regrettably unfortunate-looking. But she can look quite pretty in the way Princess Anne, the Princess Royal, can occassionally look quite pleasant and approachable. Besides, Elena has the most fantastic body. A fitted skirt with a bit of a slit to show her amazing legs would have been a much better choice. And yes, a different color.
You miss the point. Yes, she is not "pretty", but all the pretty cheerleaders will be relying on surgeons at her age, whereas she has terrific bone structure, elegance, a regal bearing and presence!

I would love to have seen her after she ditched the patriotic matador jacket after the wedding and before the Reception, as off-the-sholder, spagetti straps or even strapless would not be appropriate for her in a church. With her hair style, tiara and the grand scale of what we could see of the lower dress I bet it was a truely fabulous creation on a scale a'la Queen Margethe. Elegant and not a bit insipid as were most of those in pastels.

Last edited:
I will forgive the wedges this time, and the rest of the outfit looks very nice.

Lovely outfit - I'm sure she chose to wear red in order to honour their team. Nice gesture! :)

She looks very nice. Wedges are a great choice esp since it's summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom