Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 2: February 2015 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it. Great color for her. How exciting!!!!!!!

I saw the top half first and thought I'd really like it. Something about the bottom half, perhaps a bit uncomfortable looking, just not quite what I expected it to look like.

Added - I really do like the back view sans train.

Last edited:
Well we can be way off base together because I think his hair is awful. I don't think it's dirty...I just think he uses loads of product. It's his signature "look" and he obviously likes it. So does SH, he wouldn't continue to wet or gel his hair otherwise. I hope he does something different for the wedding tomorrow.

He is a very good looking man, the most handsome prince in Europe despite his short stature(imo). He looks like a film star.
I'm right there with you. I've always thought his hair needed to be washed. It always looks dirty and greasy. He is very handsome but the hair is a negative.

I'm right there with you. I've always thought his hair needed to be washed. It always looks dirty and greasy. He is very handsome but the hair is a negative.

I think so, too. I'm sure his hair is actually clean and it just looks greasy because he puts lots of product on it.

I love the colour but I am just not sure about the slit or the top ....It appears to be not that flattering at certain angles there is just something I don't like about it.

It's alright. I like that they sewed up the slit, but I feel they could've gone a bit farther down with it - below the knee. As for the train falling off, that's really disappointing - either go without or lock it down.

Fantastic dress, great neckline and little cap sleeves.a Swedish blue, wouldn't change a thing

I quite like this dress particularly the colour. I have had a look at the top of the dress in photos at different royal photos and in some it definitely looks more sheer than others so I presume it depends on the light.

She has a figure that suits these fitted dresses and hopefully her wedding dress is not too much of a meringue as it will swamp her features. I am hoping for something more fitted.

The only thing I am not keen on is her hair as it blew around a lot in the wind - hoping for an up do tomorrow with her wedding dress.

I'm hoping she wears a simple elegant classic type of wedding dress. Nothing flouncy or fussy.

LaRae

I agree, someone who has a few less curves could have worn this well. It just looks too snug for me. And although the color is pretty on her, it's very "hey look at me I'm the bride" for me. Also, does the train look like it's about to fall off or is it just attached at one small place on the back.
I believe Sofia looked fantastic on the eve of her wedding. She is a beautiful woman with more curves than some and her gown was a masterpiece of style and design and that blue looked magnificent on her with it's low back perfect for her long flowing hair, emphasising as it did what terrific deportment she has. As for the "train" malfunction, I'm happy because it means there is no way she's having one on this her wedding day.

As to the bride comment, well why not, this is after all her time, and she is the Bride. Victoria's magnificent gown did exactly the same thing on the eve of her wedding as did Madeleine. It is surely a European royal tradition to have a pre-wedding gala, party or bash, and every bride has been the Belle of the Ball, which is surely how it should be.

Last edited:
I'm hoping she wears a simple elegant classic type of wedding dress. Nothing flouncy or fussy.

LaRae

Yes, I think the same - I would rather something more like Victoria's than Madeleine's, but it will not be long before we see!

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom