The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I doubt Sofia is copying Kate. They are just two women of about the same age who have long, dark brown, hair. They now occupy a similar social position and will be moving in similar circles. It is only natural that they will be wearing similar sorts of clothes, so comparisons are bound to be made. But I highly doubt that Sofia is poring over the magazines looking at what Kate is wearing so she can copy her as though she were someone to look up to and emulate. I hope she's not, anyway, because they have a different type of hair and different body type. What looks good on Kate's long torso and very narrow hips is unlikely to suit Sofia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree. Every time any famous woman with long dark hair curls it in a certain way is she going to be accused of copying Kate??

Kate did not invent sausage curls for long hair. I doubt very much that SH is poring over magazines trying to emulate her. They have different hair textures, different body types, height, everything.
Sofia and Catherine have totally different styles of dressing, both casual and formal, so I think the "copying" only relates to the hair and only on this occasion. Although Catherine did not invent "sausage Curls" she did pinch them from the under 13-year-olds and make them horrendously de rigueur for the over 27 year-olds!

I can only hope that Sofia's foray into kiddy-curls is done and dusted!

Old 05-19-2015, 06:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
We need threads on which we can pick the men to pieces. I think CP's hair looked like it needed a wash, and I don't like that blue tie with a black suit, and his shoes need some attention. And shouldn't the pocket kerchief match the tie, not the shirt?
I agree, CP has looked better. But he (and Sofia) looked happy and that is what counts.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I agree, CP has looked better. But he (and Sofia) looked happy and that is what counts.
Exactly they look very happy.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Everything was just fine from the neck down. I don't think her fine hair takes well to curling treatment though. I think that's why we've seen it straightened and plastered down with hair product and/or spray lately. I think she would be wise to either have it cut or wear it tied back. And what was that thing on her head? But Sofia has a pretty face and a lovely smile and they both look happy, which is more important than whether her outfit is perfect and meets with the public's approval.

We need threads on which we can pick the men to pieces. I think CP's hair looked like it needed a wash, and I don't like that blue tie with a black suit, and his shoes need some attention. And shouldn't the pocket kerchief match the tie, not the shirt?

Hm well as a man myself I must say in his defence that a white pocket kerchief is classic and never wrong. But I agree with you on the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-31-2015, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

Hello! magazine have taken the Sofia v Kate comparison to a whole new level and written an entire article about it. Good times.

Sofia Hellqvist has been taking fashion inspiration from the Duchess of Cambridge - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

May 31: Sofia wearing a lovely dress whilst posing for some new official photos and taking part in an interview:

Photo (2)

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

From what I can see, that's a really lovely dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Sofia and Catherine have totally different styles of dressing, both casual and formal, so I think the "copying" only relates to the hair and only on this occasion. Although Catherine did not invent "sausage Curls" she did pinch them from the under 13-year-olds and make them horrendously de rigueur for the over 27 year-olds!

I can only hope that Sofia's foray into kiddy-curls is done and dusted!
Sausage curls were around way before Kate started wearing her hair that way. I noticed them on the red carpet and on plenty of regular women in the street. So, Kate definitely didn't pinch that style from 13 year olds.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:53 PM
Majesty

What a lovely floral dress.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wish someone would call these magazines on their stupid comparisons. This is as annoying as when they do it with Kate and Diana. OMG, Kate wore red, Diana once wore red she is totally copying her. Kate and Diana both have hair! Kate is copying Diana again!
Also for some weird reason, Sofia gives me the impression that she doesn't know who Kate is.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-31-2015, 01:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP View Post
Hello! magazine have taken the Sofia v Kate comparison to a whole new level and written an entire article about it. Good times.

Sofia Hellqvist has been taking fashion inspiration from the Duchess of Cambridge - hellomagazine.com
Told ya. Every female over the age of 12 who even has brunette hair is "taking fashion inspiration from the Duchess of Cambridge".

The Gospel according to Hello! and the Daily Mail.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 05-31-2015, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Let's go it all the girls like Kate did
Old 05-31-2015, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
May 31: Sofia wearing a lovely dress whilst posing for some new official photos and taking part in an interview:

Photo (2)
Her dress is from Reiss.
Swedish Royal Clothing ID's: Sofia in Reiss
Old 06-01-2015, 02:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

First picture from State Visit from India

Sofia looks very nice, the dress is pretty and a good choice, style & colour, nice hairstyle
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...EDEN-INDIA.JPG
Old 06-01-2015, 02:55 AM
Majesty

Yes agree with you Duke is very pretty . I think i like the new princess .
Old 06-01-2015, 03:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Sofia looks lovely in the State Visit photo. Everything's perfect.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Told ya. Every female over the age of 12 who even has brunette hair is "taking fashion inspiration from the Duchess of Cambridge".

The Gospel according to Hello! and the Daily Mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Let's go it all the girls like Kate did
Heaven forfend! No, you have to hand it to Sofia, she is a quick learner and hasn't put a sartorial foot wrong since her engagement. Well, actually before that too.

The new official photos look great much to my surprise. I am not much of a floral fan but she pulls it off and CP isn't exactly chopped liver either. But I love the way she styles her hair for these occasions, it looks good, makes her look good but, come an actual "command performance" she's got it all tied up.

I love the cut and soft pink colour of her dress for the Indian Official Visit, but I'm not feeling the love for those caramel coloured shoes. Another plus, no distracting dishevelled curls but, to be honest, I'd like to see a little more height and air in her updo.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree, the white outfit for the Indian visit looks great & her age. And the hair is much nicer than those curls going everywhere. The shoes seem to disappear in the carpet, but I am sure it looks nicer on a different background.

Has she ever worn a hat yet or only fascinators?
Old 06-01-2015, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Normally it's fascinators, but she has worn a hat once.

The outfit she wore for the State visit is really nice. I even like the way she styled her hair.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I love the cut and soft pink colour of her dress for the Indian Official Visit, but I'm not feeling the love for those caramel coloured shoes. Another plus, no distracting dishevelled curls but, to be honest, I'd like to see a little more height and air in her updo.
I agree about the shoes. I'd rather she was wearing pink shoes like Victoria was, but I refrained from mentioning the shoes because those caramel/beige/nude shoes seem to be worn with any colour these days. I don't like it, but it seems to be the fashion. A fashion that will change soon, I hope.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The floral is pretty and the blush at Indian visit safe and plain .. she will find her feet but i like her choices

Closed Thread

Tags
sofia hellqvist, sofia hellqvist daytime fashion, sofia hellqvist eveningwear, sofia hellqvist fashion, sofia hellqvist style