The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 04:16 AM
Majesty

I agree about the coat, it was a virtual white-out and completely washed her out.

I miss her "lighter" touch, softer hair around her face and colour!

Old 05-02-2015, 05:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Interestingly, the worst anyone can say about the coat/dress combo is that it's quite dowdy. Overly conservative in my opinion...

But I bet if she'd worn a dress/coat the length of Princess Madeline's, if would have been criticized as too short. Perhaps "nun like" is the best she can do right now to avoid being labelled in a negative way.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-02-2015, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she looked fine... I agree that the lengh over down the knees was a bit too much... Simple knee lenght woud have been the right one.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

She looked fine, she is a brunette and white colour suits her very well.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:47 AM
Courtier

IMO these few missing cm are not so important. What counts is that Sofia has improved her style and she "fits in" while standing in public with her future family.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

She would have been skewered if her dress were as short as maddies.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
She would have been skewered if her dress were as short as maddies.
Yes, just like several posters are pointing out in Maddie's fashion thread that her coat is too short. Sofia looked nice outfit wise but I didn't like the length of her dress. She needs to improve her hair too. The SRF women are experts when it comes to elegant hairstyles.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
. . . . . She needs to improve her hair too. The SRF women are experts when it comes to elegant hairstyles.
I thought her hair was wonderful when she became engaged. Now it is invariably slicked back and boring. Same thing happened to Daniel when he became engaged . . . . and it hasn't improved much since!
Old 05-03-2015, 11:52 PM
Courtier

Sofia's dress was too long and Madeleine's too short. The coat is nice. Next!
Old 05-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

New official photo of CP & Sofia
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=Ft4HUmzu
Old 05-13-2015, 03:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
the dress sofia wears is by reiss. i get the impression that, like kate, we will see her in a lot of high street clothes. i wonder if reiss has presence in sweden? we've also seen her wearing phase eight, which i believe is a UK brand - i wonder if they have shops in sweden at all...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-13-2015, 05:32 AM
Majesty

Oh I hope she is not going to wear 'High Street' clothes, it just leads to photos having a running money total beside them. Do we really need another 'discount duchess'?
Old 05-13-2015, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the dress sofia wears is by reiss. i get the impression that, like kate, we will see her in a lot of high street clothes. i wonder if reiss has presence in sweden? we've also seen her wearing phase eight, which i believe is a UK brand - i wonder if they have shops in sweden at all...
I think the dress looks lovely on Sofia. Reiss does not have shops in Sweden.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Am I the only who sees Victoria in that photo with CP?
Old 05-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh I hope she is not going to wear 'High Street' clothes, it just leads to photos having a running money total beside them. Do we really need another 'discount duchess'?
I think a combination of High Street and couture is great for a working member of a royal family. Unfortunately, IMO, the Duchess of Cambridge is increasingly only seen in couture now.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Simply and beautiful dress.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Would someone please explain what "High street" clothes are and why they are wrong for a member of a royal family.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

I always assumed it was stuff like you could get a niceish store in the Mall? Not haute couture or designer but not Wal-mart either. The impression of a Royal Princess trolling a mall and picking out ready made of the rack sounds shabby and definitely not Royal to many people I guess.

This is what I thought they meant by High street. I am probably wrong.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

If any royal only wore couture they would be called money wasters. I think they have to mix it up to not seem out of touch with their citizens. I think they all shop high street Mary and Victoria both wear H&M. As for prices being listed it is not hard to find out the price of any outfit Unless it is especially made
Old 05-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I always assumed it was stuff like you could get a niceish store in the Mall? Not haute couture or designer but not Wal-mart either. The impression of a Royal Princess trolling a mall and picking out ready made of the rack sounds shabby and definitely not Royal to many people I guess.
Thanks, that's what I was thought, too.

I think if the younger royals are the right shape to be able to look good in "High street" clothes, they should wear them for their day to day activities. It shows they're not wasting money and that they don't think they are too good to be wearing such clothes. I think the only thing they should be careful with is to make sure they mainly patronise shops that supply locally designed and produced clothes.

Looking at the latest picture of the week entries, I think a lot of younger royals are buying at "High street" shops.

Tags
sofia hellqvist, sofia hellqvist daytime fashion, sofia hellqvist eveningwear, sofia hellqvist fashion, sofia hellqvist style