Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diplomatic Dinner
Sofia in black lace
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/16/0a/160ac8046eec4dd1810dacb0f1d04a9d/645@70.jpg

The dress is lovely but it's not a dress for Sofia at all. The color is too dark for her and long sleeved dresses somehow don't flatter her.
I think this last dress is one of the most elegant she has worn. The beautiful lace top with it's gently sculpted neckline and sleeves set above a slightly raised waistline with a plain but matching skirt, makes for a very romantic look and, I am not sure if this factors in or not, but this is the best 'hair to gown' style match I have seen her wear. It also showcases her beautiful earrings to perfection.

As dazzling points out, sleeves can be problematic on an evening gown but IMHO in this case they are actually a major plus for the overall style of the gown as demonstrated by these two gowns.

http://www.glamour.com/images/fashion/2014/10/sofia-hellqvist-black-lace-dress-h724.jpg

versus

http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/16/0a/160ac8046eec4dd1810dacb0f1d04a9d/645@70.jpg

In the all lace dress the neckline looked odd with her hair and her sleeves were neither short nor long but looked rumpled from the elbow down. The waist with it's ugly wide belt seemed to cut the gown in half, leaving her looking long in the waist and short in the leg. The overall effect was sort of shiney but flat.

In this latest gown her hair is in perfect accord with the sculpted neckline of the gown, with the long sleeves giving it a sort of "winter" look, while the slightly raised skirt makes her look dainty but still long legged.

I must say that I do think this is the best look so far for Sofia. I know the over all look is quite dark, rather than bright and breezy, but it's a very neat, regal silhouette with nothing out of place. If I imagine her wearing a tiara and sash, then I think she will look very good as a princess.

I am not exploding in enthusiasm but really like it somehow.... one of the better ones for her.
Bye Bine

I must say that I do think this is the best look so far for Sofia. I know the over all look is quite dark, rather than bright and breezy, but it's a very neat, regal silhouette with nothing out of place. If I imagine her wearing a tiara and sash, then I think she will look very good as a princess.

I agree with you, it is a good, demure, elegant look, just the type she needs at this stage of her royal career.

It would of looked much better in a dark blue IMO.

LaRae

The dress is good, safe but nice choice compared to some of her previous choices. Although a colour other than black would have been better.

Not bad. But totally dull and the lace is pretty boring after a while

I'm thinking this is a gown that would have been totally different in person.

I think she should've done something different with her hair and the gown would have been fine. Jus because a hairstyle is in doesnt mean its going to work on you. That is a hard style to wear. Imo.

I don't think the gown is flattering and the lace is boring.

I think the dress is pretty. My only negative is that everything is so dark. This dress would have looked better in a brighter color. Still, I think she looks really nice.

Last edited:

I totally agree. I think that with this outfit she has accomplished the appropriate balance of attractive yet elegant formal look; it's the perfect "princess" look, and complements CP's outfit perfectly. I love the way she has chosen a white evening clutch which livens up her outfit and also gives her some white with her black to match his black and white. And I can also visualise a tiara and sash with that outfit.

I would like to see some variation from the centre parting in her hair but this hairdo looks very nice with its low chignon effect.

The dress' style and cut are very lovely and suit Sofia's frame a lot, IMO. I don't especially like black on her, IMO she looks better in pale or jewell colours. But all black lace is difficult to wear, anyway...

I like the top but not the bottom. And It's just way too dark. When I first saw it all I could think of is that the dress should be on some evil Queen from a Disney movie. Maybe it's her dark hair but she looks better in bright colors like red and soft tones like pale peaches or pinks.

The middle part of her hair and general bustiness is certainly reminiscent of her future mil. She should lose the parted hairstyle. She has certainly made a huge arc of improvement. Jewelry will really help.

Last edited:
The dress is odd imo because it makes her look like she has a belly when in fact she is quite slim in the waist. :ermm:

An odd choice imo.
I don't think the gown is flattering and the lace is boring.
Love this lace gown and as to looking like she has a "belly", are we looking at the same photo?

I totally agree. I think that with this outfit she has accomplished the appropriate balance of attractive yet elegant formal look; it's the perfect "princess" look, and complements CP's outfit perfectly. I love the way she has chosen a white evening clutch which livens up her outfit and also gives her some white with her black to match his black and white. And I can also visualise a tiara and sash with that outfit.

I would like to see some variation from the centre parting in her hair but this hairdo looks very nice with its low chignon effect.
Yes I loved her whole look but especially her hair. Using a side part is certainly not a good look on her but she has really taken pains to make sure her hair looks great. That's what offsets the gracious design of the gown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think its the best choice, its too dark and I don't get the silvery shade around the waist. Morticia Addams comes to my mind. I am really sick of lace, in general. Sofia has great hair for great hairstyles but I find the middle parting very unflattering on her.

I don't think its the best choice, its too dark and I don't get the silvery shade around the waist. Morticia Addams comes to my mind. I am really sick of lace, in general. Sofia has great hair for great hairstyles but I find the middle parting very unflattering on her.
Yep, Morticia Adams is exactly what I was thinking. The hair was too severe, the dress too dark.

In a different colour I think it would have been very pretty on her. She seems to be a little frightened of stepping away from the "Princessey look" and the style of this gown is very much that IMO .. that will come I imagine with time. I like her hair ..up .. no Kate here hair all over face ... Not great but not that bad IMO

Same here. :sad: What is that about? Also, why not flaunt one's (quite enviable) slim waist. I don't get it. I'd like to see more views of the dress. From that single view it looks odd.

I've just gone back to the photo looking for this silvery colour around the waist. I think it's just shiny reflection from the camera flash; I don't think the fabric is silver.

I've just gone back to the photo looking for this silvery colour around the waist. I think it's just shiny reflection from the camera flash; I don't think the fabric is silver.

Please look at the dress on the model. :flowers: The dress is called Mystique in this series of pictures. The silvery sheen is there emphasizing the belly region. A curious design for a non-pregnant woman to choose imo.

Kay Senchais' Spring Summer collection
2015 Spring Summer

Please note how slim she really is in the following picture as compared to the gown contouring to a belly.

Last edited:
Please look at the dress on the model. :flowers: The dress is called Mystique in this series of pictures. The silvery sheen is there emphasizing the belly region. A curious design for a non-pregnant woman to choose imo.

Thanks for drawing my attention to the model shot. I still think it's just flash. It seems to be very shiny material; you can see some more reflection further down the skirt. I could quite easily be wrong though.

As for the design, I see it as just an empire line dress, and an attractive one, too. The trend lately has been for form-fitting dresses, and this is different. I like it.

She is still adapting to this new life and she will find her way into fashion gows!

Thanks for drawing my attention to the model shot. I still think it's just flash. It seems to be very shiny material; you can see some more reflection further down the skirt. I could quite easily be wrong though.

As for the design, I see it as just an empire line dress, and an attractive one, too. The trend lately has been for form-fitting dresses, and this is different. I like it.
I agree on the flash. But I love the Empire Line . . . I was looking for that word for a while and bingo, here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom