The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia looked beautiful.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Her suit is nice, but the headpiece is just awful. And the skirt should have been an inch longer.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 09-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Love the top...the skirt not so much. It doesn't look like it goes together...two different styles competing.

She looks very nice otherwise.

LaRae

It is definitely a suit - matched pleating seen in this picture

http://media.shootitlive.com/YDoQXMa...expressen/1670

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
It is definitely a suit - matched pleating seen in this picture

http://media.shootitlive.com/YDoQXMa...expressen/1670

Yep it is...still don't like the skirt...it just doesn't look right with the top. Something off about it for me.

LaRae
Old 09-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

the dress is fine even if it seems more apt for a cocktail occasion... She looks better with this kind f soften hair... I dislike the color though.... It's difficult to remove the bkack dye...
Old 09-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There was something rather demure looking about Sofia today,though her dress should have been a bit longer given the occasion.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it was an unwritten rule that royals only wear black to a funeral? Though she's not a royal yet, so maybe the rule doesn't apply?
Old 09-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I thought it was an unwritten rule that royals only wear black to a funeral? Though she's not a royal yet, so maybe the rule doesn't apply?
For the Opening of Riksmötet the women all adhere to traditional court dress rules of black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
29 September: Sofia wearing a lovely blue dress whilst posing for some official photographs with Prince Carl Philip in Sweden:

Full view ~ Close up
Here is a link to her dress. It is from Armani. Armani Collezioni Long sleeve faux wrap dress Blue - House of Fraser

Her Bracelet is from Sophie by Sophie
Peace bracelet | Sophie by Sophie
Old 09-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Her suit is nice, but the headpiece is just awful. And the skirt should have been an inch longer.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
The headpiece is growing on me . . . and I am pleased to see that her skirt only needed to be an inch longer instead of four. So, progress?
Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

I must admit that Sofia looked very nice today, the only thing wrong was that the skirt was too short, an inch longer would have been better on her and more appropriate for the occasion. The hair piece is growing on me, it is not out there blowing in the wind or in her eyes, so it's okay. Yes I have been the most critical of her and will admit that today shows she is improving and hopefully will continue to do so.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
http://media.shootitlive.com/1KBQS2X...expressen/1670

Sofia looked stunning at the opening of Parliament today
She is looking very sharp. She must have someone advising her. Smart move. Conservative but with good styling. I have nothing negative to say. She's doing well. The blue dress was outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
29 September: Sofia wearing a lovely blue dress whilst posing for some official photographs with Prince Carl Philip in Sweden:

Full view ~ Close up
Old 09-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked great today at the opening of the Parliament.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The headpiece is growing on me . . . and I am pleased to see that her skirt only needed to be an inch longer instead of four. So, progress?
^^Indeed. And I am pleased that no piercings of tattoos are on view. IMHO.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

What is with the wanting young women to wear hemlines their grandmothers would wear?

Her hemline looks fine to me- conservative even

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Majesty

She has enviable legs but, unlike most celebrities, when she is at an official engagement she is likely to end up sitting on a dias or even a stage.

Now dress her in a modish straight skirt and unforunately, as soon as she is seated, the cameras gets a clear shot right up to her panties. Catherine found that out pretty fast and remembers to place her handbag or clutch on her lap which inhibits the view.

While we all say they shouldn't take such photos let alone print them, it's a dog eat dog world and an up the skirt photo of a royal beats a photo of an elegantly seated royal. The SRF want to raise Sofia's profile in a dignified way rather than lower it with an ill thought out wardrobe.

Sofia seems to be changing her dress style and, if that gorgeous sapphire blue dress is anything to go by, she's definitely on the right track.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:44 AM
Serene Highness

(...) in all, today was a good day for her, just 1 inch longer does not mean that any grandmother would be wearing that suit, my grandmother's dresses where down to her ankles.......not 3/4 inches above the knees.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
She is looking very sharp. She must have someone advising her. Smart move. Conservative but with good styling. I have nothing negative to say. She's doing well.
I agree, the whole look was very well chosen for the occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
The Swedes always wear black to the State Opening of Parliament.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Here's Sofia, arriving to the concert yesterday evening as part of the celebrations around the opening of the parliment. I think she looks great, although green IMO isn't her best choice of colour.
http://media.shootitlive.com/8l7w6pj...expressen/1670
Old 10-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Here's Sofia, arriving to the concert yesterday evening as part of the celebrations around the opening of the parliment. I think she looks great, although green IMO isn't her best choice of colour.
I liked the green colour for her. And it is good that she recycles dresses and doesn't wear new ones all the time. But the zippers of these Roland Mouret dresses aren't elegant, but that is just my opinion.
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uplo...era.jpg?b41c46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
For the Opening of Riksmötet the women all adhere to traditional court dress rules of black and white.

Here is a link to her dress. It is from Armani. Armani Collezioni Long sleeve faux wrap dress Blue - House of Fraser

Her Bracelet is from Sophie by Sophie
Peace bracelet | Sophie by Sophie
I don't think that it is that dress, the waistline is totally different in Sofia's dress.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...ahuset.se_.jpg
Old 10-02-2014, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Again, very polished. Very nice. I think the night picture of the dress doesn't do the green color of the dress justice. In fact, Sofia's hair changed color dramatically from the new engagement pictures in the blue dress to here. It's the night photos perhaps imo.

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, sofia hellqvist, sofia hellqvist daytime fashion, sofia hellqvist eveningwear, sofia hellqvist fashion, sofia hellqvist style, swedish royal family