Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this dress on her. Nothing special but looks nice. But, yes, the hair should have been worn up.

Skin tight red again. What a surprise :-/. Only this time with the added benefit of a faux see thru look AND a huge padded bra. I can just tell she's going to be the gift that keeps on giving. And DoM, I agree that she was (appropriately as not a member of the family) not allowed a tiara. However, she could have taken the time to do something with her hair extensions.

I think she looks lovely. Nothing about her look suggests push up bra or hair extensions to me. My hair is that long and curls that way without extensions, and I know many women who have naturally fantastic figures.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

first, when she is dress well IMO I say it (see another post I wrote about her being polished)... second, I didn't want to get into details but from some bikini shots taken this summer when she and CP when vacationing her breast had a normal size and tonight the look enhanced and much bigger... this is a fact... just compare them.
Skin tight red again. What a surprise :-/. Only this time with the added benefit of a faux see thru look AND a huge padded bra. I can just tell she's going to be the gift that keeps on giving. And DoM, I agree that she was (appropriately as not a member of the family) not allowed a tiara. However, she could have taken the time to do something with her hair extensions.

Okay DofM and Scooter, tell me how you come to the idea that she is wearing a huge push up bra? I think the top part of the gown is way to tight on her and it shows, and I see women everyday that have breasts that look like that and they are normal..........now I am not sticking up for her, I am trying to see what you see. Maybe she is a bit top heavy, in pictures of her this past summer, she seems like there is a bit more on top, she is not a skinny size 0 here, given anything, I bet she works out daily (something I should do more often) and that is why she has the figure she does.:)
Well as you and most other women know, all lace dresses have some stretch in them these days, just go into a salon and grab one and give it a tug! Lace gowns seem to come in two variations of style, flesh coloured lining and lining that matches the lace. This tends to make them more form-fitting where they touch, e.g. the bustline and, as SElizabeth points out, she is not a skinny size 0 but rather a generously endowed woman.

As to the enhanced or large push-up/padded bra, that would just be like sending coffee to Brazil!

For Marty and Scooter:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/karinna_87/29516260/59300/59300_600.jpg

http://royauxsuedois.r.o.pic.center...t-Wedding-Princess-Madeleine-Q8L__uzs2vcl.jpg

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=103723611

http://cdn03.nyheter24.se/0a0e76960...463/sofia-hellqvist-carl-philip-st-tropez.jpg

http://static-rodamattan.expressen....3/12/b93f1637-8b4f-4d4c-87ad-8618a98fa502.jpg

I don't particularly care for the dress but I'd hardly say it's see through. Isn't that just the design of the gown? Many of my own lace-type dresses have that nude lining. As for her hair, I will never understand the point of having your hair covering your face. It's just illogical to me. It's sort of a pet peeve of mine, I really hate when my own hair isn't away from my face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say Marg, that you found some really great pictures of SH that show she is most surly well endowed and not a skinny size 0.

Also that last picture of her in the Blue/Black gown with her hair up, now that is the way to look for formal events.......that was almost perfect.

She does not need a push-up bra at all and the way PC was looking at her tush, well he must appreciate her being well endowed......:lol::lol:

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/karin.../59300_600.jpg

http://royauxsuedois.r.o.pic.centerb...L__uzs2vcl.jpg

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thin...&tid=103723611

http://cdn03.nyheter24.se/0a0e769602...-st-tropez.jpg

http://static-rodamattan.expressen.s...18a98fa502.jpg

I look at pictures of my fashion choices in my 20's and 30's, and I wonder what was I thinking. But you couldn't tell me anything cause I thought I looked pretty good.

Sofia will find her style.

There was nothing wrong with the dress, as previously mentioned its pretty much the style right now. I bet we will see the style on another royal and/or celebrity before the winter is over. I don't think she is trying to copy anyone I think she liked the dress.

In regards to the push bra, without getting too personal or offending anyone....when you are well endowed up top, sometimes you don't think about the impact of a bra. For example, I don't wear V neck tops because I am very self conscious about certain tops but didn't think about a new under garment that I purchased (while wearing a normal t shirt) until my cousin pointed out that I didn't need a padded bra. And I am in my 40's!

So maybe it wasn't intentional. Hence Sofia might not have realized that she didn't need a push up bra. Sometimes it does pay to be properly fitted for undergarments and to have someone around (not your boyfriend) to say...maybe you should wear a different bra with that formal dress.

Sofia looked nice, the dress is pretty and very much in fashion now. As for the color, she wore it well and it's not always you get a nice red lace dress which looks elegant. The only downside with the look was her hairstyle, an undo would've been so much nicer and softer for her.

The dress is nice enough - lace over beige lining seems to be trendy.
Sofia in the long, lank hair is not as elegant as when she has an up do.
The hair pushing over to the front is not a good look. (Catherine does it too - it exaggerates bad posture.)
Sofia needs a hair trim..and to stick with neat and tidy up dos for such occasions. She looks best in them.
I also think the clutch was the wrong colour.

It's a pity that Sofia will be more harshly judged than other women but that is the realistic fact of her past. I don't think that she will lose her questionable reputation easily so she will have to earn her way back slowly if she can.

She and Carl Philip appear happy.

This is a fashion thread, not one about teeth, a couple of posts have therefore been removed.

I am sorry but Ms Hellqvist looked quite lime a demi-mondaine. That she had no jewels yet, d'accord, but the supertight red dress, the sloppy hanging hair... the whole image was so unpoised and that for a royal banquet. What a disappointment.

:(

Kate didn't invent these lace gowns they have been out and in style forever. I think Sophia looked nice the lining is supposed to show that is part of the design. Her curls fell out though.

copying Kate 100% but chosing look at me colours (Kate wearing a similar but more classy dress in black).

I doubt she's copying anyone. Don't care for the hair, but love the in-fashion gown.

As for the push-up look, these gowns generally have built-ins as the designers are not only designing the gown, they are designing how it will look on the body.

C-P and she look really happy. So glad.

Last edited:
wow! I have the dress in blue! it is a nice dress and does not come with push up bra! I think she looks very nice! I think she likes Tadashi gowns! it cost me $400 so it is not ridicule expensive!!!!!

I agree, top is nice but the pants are horrible. Sofia looks so much better with her hair pulled back, compared to yesterday.

Okay DofM and Scooter, tell me how you come to the idea that she is wearing a huge push up bra? I think the top part of the gown is way to tight on her and it shows, and I see women everyday that have breasts that look like that and they are normal..........now I am not sticking up for her, I am trying to see what you see. Maybe she is a bit top heavy, in pictures of her this past summer, she seems like there is a bit more on top, she is not a skinny size 0 here, given anything, I bet she works out daily (something I should do more often) and that is why she has the figure she does.:)

SE, I am sure you know that there are many pictures showing her topless where you can see EXACTLY how much she has, so to see her looking so much bigger suddenly leaves me with three possibilities...
1. Padded Bra
2. Surgical enhancement
3. Pregnancy :-/

I am sorry but Ms Hellqvist looked quite lime a demi-mondaine. That she had no jewels yet, d'accord, but the supertight red dress, the sloppy hanging hair... the whole image was so unpoised and that for a royal banquet. What a disappointment.

:(

I agree, Mon Cher Duc et Pair, but this (I cannot call her a jeune femme due to her milage and experience) woman constantly dresses her self as a demi-mondaine. Look at her (clothed) pictures on the web . Everything is skin tight and low cut, and well above mid thigh (not to mention zippers up the butt). Oh, wait...untill the Pre-Princess cleaning up and polish...

Last edited by a moderator:
The pants are horrendous, the top is more or less fine.

I like the top very much indeed!

I'm note sure about the trousers, but what I did think is whether the whole outfit could be reversed, with plain white trousers and a multi-coloured top?

White trousers? :eek: The voice of experience - mine - yells Noooooo! No matter how clean a chair looks, you can bet your sweet bippy that there will be a bit of soot there or something that will leave a mark on the seat of your pants. In my youth I was slender enough to get away with white jeans, and I learned this lesson the hard way. Though maybe in Sofia's situation there will be people accompanying her whose job it is to check that chairs are clean.

I did a double take when I first saw those trousers of Sofia's, but, on reflection, I don't mind them at all. I like the colour combination.

She looked lovely with her hair like that. I love her top as well but yes - why that pants?! The pants is so ugly and doesn't go well with her look. A pair of simple black or dark blue pants would have been better.

The white top is lovely. It suits the pants shaped as jodhpurs.
The pants are a great cut but too busy in colour. The white panels should have been grey.
Nice hair but the outfit, as a whole, is too casual to wear next to a man in a suit.

The trousers might be nice for a sporty young lady working in a Kindergarten. Not so for Her Royal Highness Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland. A lady in such a position needs to maintain certain decorum and dignity. That is my personal opinion.

Strictly spoken Miss Hellqvist is not a royal yet, but she is the Prince's public companion and should dress more like that.

:flowers:

They funny thing is she looks much better in a casual look and with her hair up than with a "royal" look...

I love the whole trouser ensemble. It's modern, modest and suitable for the daytime. She's lookin' good!

Where were they visiting? Somewhere pretty informal?

The trousers might be nice for a sporty young lady working in a Kindergarten. Not so for Her Royal Highness Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland. A lady in such a position needs to maintain certain decorum and dignity. That is my personal opinion.

Strictly spoken Miss Hellqvist is not a royal yet, but she is the Prince's public companion and should dress more like that.

:flowers:

I agree with you. The outfit Sofia chose would be great if she was at an engagement that involved being really hands-on, and perhaps trying out sporting equipment. However, an award ceremony is no place for what looks like a pair of yoga leggings and.a tunic. She has great figure, and looks good in what she is wearing, but not for this occasion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love Sofia's red dress! It's fabulous and looks great on her. As for her looking out of place as she was attending a white tie ball, I can see why some would think that, but perhaps she chose to wear a red dress to stand out. It reminds me of the time a friend had a black and white themed birthday party, and she wore a red dress so that she could look different.

Her casual outfit is alright, but I have a strong dislike for her trousers. I just don't get the pattern at all. She does look great in casual outfits, but her more royal attire isn't that bad either, IMO.

I think Sophia is wearing what she likes and that is fine. She will figure out a style that suits her in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom