The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 07-25-2014, 04:55 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
Oh my! I'm an old broad and how many years has it been since undergarment straps showing was a fashion no-no? I think it was the 80s. Nothing wrong with Sofia's outfit at a very, very casual outing.
__________________

  #62  
Old 07-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Black bra and white t-shirt....tacky and regardless of who is wearing it, any royal, any so called star, any woman on this earth...it is tacky and trashy.
She wasn't wearing a t-shirt, SElizabeth. I'm puzzled by what you're saying. She had a blouse on. I went back into the pictures and I cannot see what you are describing. She wore a sleeveless white blouse and one cannot see bra straps peeking through. Everything seems properly decorous given the context - she's dressed causally as a private person.

In fact, I was impressed by her discreet behavior. She was not engaging the camera though she was aware she was the focus of one camera at one point. Her behavior - and dress - were perfectly in accord with her position as a private person. I really hope the photogs leave her be. They accord other SRF members that courtesy generally. She deserves the same.

Quote:
And I don't care if it was private or public/ when person, male or female goes out in public or to a private event you should *always* dress with care, after all, appearances are the very first thing a person sees, not what you say or think, it's all about how you LooK. Appearance do count! This should be learned at the knees of your mother/grandmother.
I guess many will disagree here. What I saw was someone who was dressed 'with care'. She was not dressed for a formal occasion, no, not with that care, but she was fine. Certainly not tacky or trashy.

I found her perfectly acceptable and I hope for her sake the photographers stay clear. JMO.
__________________

  #63  
Old 07-26-2014, 01:40 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,049
Let's save the "shock, horror, OMG" until we get something worthy of it. Underwear actually showing or supposed lack thereof would probably do it although I think IMO a bra strap is merely a very minor wardrobe malfunction. Actually, I think KittyAtlanta has the right of it, the 80's were a sort of fashion watershed.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #64  
Old 07-26-2014, 02:34 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,318
I agree, it is neither "shock" nor "Horror", but a simply a bit silly and unfortunate....

IMHO she is an "official public figure" now - and especially as the Engagement is only a few weeks away, it was clear, that the photographers would use the opportunity to make 1000 pics.
She must have been Aware about this.... this Outfit was neither a "shock", nor "Horror", but a nice White summerly Dress would have made the difference..... and about 100 less nasty Posts in this thread ....

So she should have been more clever with the choice of her clothes. She KNEW, she was in the Center of Attention - so why didnīt she Dress likewise. Like she did in the last years.
BYe Bine
  #65  
Old 07-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Let's save the "shock, horror, OMG" until we get something worthy of it. Underwear actually showing or supposed lack thereof would probably do it although I think IMO a bra strap is merely a very minor wardrobe malfunction. Actually, I think KittyAtlanta has the right of it, the 80's were a sort of fashion watershed.
Clarification, Marg: it looks like you are referencing my post - are you? My post is the very opposite of "shock, horror, OMG".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I agree, it is neither "shock" nor "Horror", but a simply a bit silly and unfortunate....
Unfortunate what?

Quote:
IMHO she is an "official public figure" now - and especially as the Engagement is only a few weeks away, it was clear, that the photographers would use the opportunity to make 1000 pics.

She must have been Aware about this.... this Outfit was neither a "shock", nor "Horror", but a nice White summerly Dress would have made the difference..... and about 100 less nasty Posts in this thread ....

So she should have been more clever with the choice of her clothes. She KNEW, she was in the Center of Attention - so why didnīt she Dress likewise. Like she did in the last years.
BYe Bine
Who could ever predict that there would be such objections to an ensemble 90% of all the other women present at the event were wearing? This was not Wimbledon.

I'm starting to feel for the poor girl.
  #66  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,822
She was dressed very casually, as many there were. She didn't need a dress. That's would have made her stick out. I think she just wanted to blend in. She wasn't trashy. I think if she came in a suit or dress they would have said she dressed to be the center of attention. With some she cannot win.
  #67  
Old 07-30-2014, 05:40 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,116
This biquini doesn't look good on her, it doesn't enhance her figure and it's just awful!!!


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qYYobdP2NC...ampliacion.jpg
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #68  
Old 07-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
^^^ That bikini looks just fine to me.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #69  
Old 07-30-2014, 05:54 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,925
It is very unroyal to expose willingly towards the prying eyes of paperazzi but on itself the Prince and his girlfriend are looking fine. Not vulgar or something.
  #70  
Old 07-30-2014, 05:56 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
She wasn't wearing a t-shirt, SElizabeth. I'm puzzled by what you're saying. She had a blouse on. I went back into the pictures and I cannot see what you are describing. She wore a sleeveless white blouse and one cannot see bra straps peeking through. Everything seems properly decorous given the context - she's dressed causally as a private person.
I see a bra strap.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

They are also clearly seen at the video
  #71  
Old 07-30-2014, 11:44 AM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I see a bra strap.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

They are also clearly seen at the video
I'll say this, at least she is wearing a bra.
  #72  
Old 07-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I was wrong, then. Correction noted. But it's not a 'wardrobe malfunction'. It's what happens to us all and no one thinks a second thought. In fact, she is wearing an undergarment. She is not showing her black bra underneath.

Who took these photos? A private person, or was it a paparazzi? Anyway, I will likely have a lot to say about Sofia (regarding her official appearances and conduct), but making her life a misery and calling her to task for private appearances, I hope I don't contribute to that. JMO. Give the girl a break.
  #73  
Old 08-01-2014, 11:41 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
This biquini doesn't look good on her, it doesn't enhance her figure and it's just awful!!!


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qYYobdP2NC...ampliacion.jpg
I don't have a problem with Sofia's bikini, but each to their own I guess. That darker shade of blue is quite nice.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #74  
Old 08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
I wish I looked as good as Sofia in her pretty blue bikini. She's in really good shape (or so it seems) without looking "muscely". Nice plumpness without a single fat roll.
  #75  
Old 08-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 938
I also think she looks fine - if only I could wear a bikini. I'm not sure how it doesn't suit her - it's a bikini and quite a conservative one at that.
  #76  
Old 08-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
I also think she looks fine - if only I could wear a bikini. I'm not sure how it doesn't suit her - it's a bikini and quite a conservative one at that.
I think it''s because she is so pale. I thought the same thing - something seemed 'off ' when I then realized that we are accustomed to seeing a bronzed body in a bikini. A less vivid color - something more in sync with the actual color of her body would have blended more. It's like choosing a dress color to accentuate one's natural face coloring. The bikini itself is fine, of course. It's the vivid color against the pale skin color that jumps out as unusual. JMO.
  #77  
Old 08-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 938
A few days in the south of France should sort out her tan. 😎
  #78  
Old 08-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I think it''s because she is so pale. I thought the same thing - something seemed 'off ' when I then realized that we are accustomed to seeing a bronzed body in a bikini. A less vivid color - something more in sync with the actual color of her body would have blended more. It's like choosing a dress color to accentuate one's natural face coloring. The bikini itself is fine, of course. It's the vivid color against the pale skin color that jumps out as unusual. JMO.
But the vivid color does suit with her dark hair though. And I am not accustomed to a bronzed body in a bikini, but that might also be because I am totally not a beach/pool fanatic. I like it when a woman is pale(r), it shows more natural skin color.

Just out of curiosity: what color do you have in mind when you talk about blending?
  #79  
Old 08-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
But the vivid color does suit with her dark hair though. And I am not accustomed to a bronzed body in a bikini, but that might also be because I am totally not a beach/pool fanatic. I like it when a woman is pale(r), it shows more natural skin color.
I agree with that. I hadn't considered her hair color. You're right. Considering her hair color the jewel tones would suit.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity: what color do you have in mind when you talk about blending?
Just considering her pale skin - and now her hair - i would look at a patterned fabric in pale grays, greens and blues - with a vivid blue piping. The way I imagine it in my head - the paleness of her skin would be complemented by the pale pattern (not be in competition with a bold color) but the vivid piping would pop with her dark hair. All elements covered.
  #80  
Old 09-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Sofia attended at OK Trophy's Breakfast Seminar

I like Sofia's hairstyle, she looks quite polished.
http://imgs.sthlmsfinest.com/imageGa..._729_532_1.jpg
http://imgs.sthlmsfinest.com/imageGa..._729_532_1.jpg
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, sofia hellqvist, sofia hellqvist daytime fashion, sofia hellqvist eveningwear, sofia hellqvist fashion, sofia hellqvist style, swedish royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist: June 13, 2015 JessRulz Royal Weddings 761 06-21-2016 12:27 AM




Popular Tags
ari behn ascot 2016 autographs best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit in canada princess victoria hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises