Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah is not a sylph-like waif, but rather a Rubenesque woman and she really dressed for her shape at Harry and Meghan's wedding. I was amazed to see comments that it was too tight, it was not, it was fitting. She has a wonderful hourglass figure in an age of minimal shape.

I have not seen Sarah look as elegant as this in years and the combination of navy and pink with red hair was a different colour than many others would have chosen. I love the stand-up, open-necked pink lined collar which showed a contrasting fitted navy bustline and the pink turnback on her three-quarter sleeves. The nipped-in waist was really flattering as indeed was the skirt length. She has enviable slim legs and her shoes and the heels accentuated her trim ankles.

Her hat deserves a mention if for no other reason than it was a confection of glossy navy straw base topped by navy twists, twirls, a flash a pink flower and a wonderful net face veil. Best of all, it was worn well, positioned to perfection and the veil actually where it is supposed to be.

Sarah has often worn straight sheath dresses in dark colours trying to hide her shape. They don't suit her and look like ugly, lumpy sacks. In fact, she seems to wear a lot of black or dark clothes and IMHO it is because of the continual undeserved body-shaming heaped upon her.

I seriously don't think it's body shaming to suggest that a dress or skirt that appears to be straining to not burst at the seams might be too tight or too small.

I sincerely hope not a to narrow dress for Eugenie's Wedding !

She always looks terrific in red and the style is really flattering and chic.

Both looks are good, and the red dress is especially outstanding.

Unlike at most weddings, we will be eagerly awaiting the appearance of the MOB at Eugenie’s.

:previous: Hopefully with joy in our hearts and smiles on our faces . . . it's a wedding, it has to be filled with love!

She looks fabulous here. The red really suits her. I too am looking forward to what she wears for Eugenie's wedding.

Sarah in a light, white summer dress at the Club 55 restaurant in Saint Tropez today, July 7:

** Full view **

She seems to have a driver as she is sitting behind in the car. Could she have Security Protection ?

Quite a nice, simple outfit for Sarah. I like the colour combination she's wearing.

Really wish she would avoid so much black as it doesn't do her any favours.

It looks more like Sarah is on her way to a seminar rather than a night out; but she looks great nevertheless.

Black is a severe colour on Sarah, true. However, the simple-dress-with-jacket look works for her. Perhaps a warm shade of another dark colour would be more flattering to her skin tone, for example a forest green rather than a pine green. Or a warm, lighter shade for the dress. Then she could still wear a black jacket but have the dress colour around her face. She always had great legs, and this dress style highlights that feature. Sarah can look really good with colourful make-up as well. Her skin isn't great, but a good foundation and some warmly-toned makeup would draw attention away from it.

I don't think that is a good color for her at all.

LaRae

Like the color but it doesn’t flatter her.

Not a good color for her neither is the style, a loose belted tunic, flattering to her figure

I agree with the previous posters - nice colour, but not necessarily for Sarah herself. She looks like a giant bumble bee amongst those flowers, and not in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom