Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An unbelievably bad appearance by Sarah today. Why does she persist in wearing clothes that are far too tight? She is crying out for what we used to call a ‘’makeover’. It’s such a shame as she could look so good. At least she can’t spoil her smile.

Oh dear. It looks as if Sarah just threw whatever was smart enough for Ascot together, since everything seems rather mismatched. Her dress also seems a little tight for her and doesn't do any favours for her figure at all.

I have something nice to say about Sarah: she knows how to carry unworn gloves properly. And they are green, not black.

The bracelet doesn't bother me. The outfit, shoes hat, purse are hideous. The dress is too tight. Now, I understand why her children dress the way they do. Awful.

Strange mix of colour… not very pretty…. Can someone kindly tell her that long hair with that face makes her look much older ! No one escapes getting older but it is a pity not to realize it !

If Sarah is going to show up at these quasi royal events, someone needs to fund a proper fitting wardrobe for her....i think shes trying to wear the Princesses frocks...

When she went to Texas not too long ago, she was photographed wearing a lovely light grey or oyster colored lace dress. long sleeves, a smart length, and she looked very nice. That would have been perfect for Ascot. Sarah would do well to consider something light-colored and even frothy for Ascot instead of the harsh skin-tight color-blocking and monochrome ensembles. Let her hair be the big color, and have a lacy or light sort of soft hat instead of these bold wintry looks.

I have to say, regarding Royal Lodge, with all of those staff members, and Prince Andrew looking so perfectly dressed and pressed, carefully groomed and attended to, why didn't anyone help Sarah? It is hard to believe that they got dressed in the same house.

Last edited:
Words fail me this year with Ascot. I thought Sophie (of all people) was bottom of the list, but Sarah in an ill-fitting (and poorly-made too) yellow dress that does NOTHING for her, is unfortunately lowest of the low. I have no problem with the bracelet, that's just Sarah showing her love for her daughters. And they love her back, so it's all good.

Her makeup is very badly applied on her eyes and eyebrows if she needs another negative

Condemn me but I liked the combination of mustard dress with green accessories.
Ahh let's combine a little color does well, these reals always in their pastel colors / blue without dare weary.
Even the queen was bolder in her youth. The purple shoe fits a little but if you open a little the mind can accept. And let's combine Fergie has a personality that holds these cheerful, expansive colors

I love the bracelet with the name of the girls, I think that mother never stops being a mother. I'm 37 and mine has a chain with my photo.

Ps' I love the detail of Andrew's lapel flower matching with the color of Fergie's dress. He usually does this with the Queen's outfit

Last edited:
I think this is one of her all time worst looks ever. I seriously can't believe someone didn't nicely suggest perhaps this instead of that item before she left the house today.

LaRae

I actually like all the color styled as it is. But the cut, fit and texture of the dress is a horror, which makes all the styling meaningless.
I also wish she would do something so that her hair shone and looked healthy. JMO.

I love the colour on her but the dress itself just doesn't work for me I like the bag

Sarah in a nice shade of green at the 'This Morning' TV show in London today, June 25:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Love the color, and at least it flatters her. Not sure about the shoes. :ermm:

The dress looks comfy on her but I think she needs a lovely haircut.

Sarah needs to color her hair a less harsh color, closer to her original, natural color. What she is currently wearing is very unflattering and aging. The green dress is fine, although the color is a little too bright to really suit her.

Yes her hair color is too flashy and badly needs hairstyling

The dress style is nice on Sarah. I am finding most of her clothes are a bit tight on her. If she would go up a dress size and have it altered to fit her body Sarah would improve her looks a lot. Some people gain weight as we age and need that extra bit of material! If Sarah is careful with buying and altering the clothes would not be that expensive as she can wear them over and over again. I noticed both Camilla and the Queens clothes are a bit lose so any weight gain or loss still allows them to wear their “work” clothes all the time and not look poured into them or stuffed like a sausage.

If Sarah did not want to wear nylons, hose or what ever it is called in England, then lengthen the dress below the knees a bit. That would help a lot not draw attention to her knees and legs. IMO, knees are ugly as we get older.

I do not mind the shoes. As ladies age, some have a hard time with heels. Backs, legs and feet hurt or even a balance issue in heels can be dangerous. I think the fun figures and colors are part of Sarah. When she dressed more formal, the she can wear solid black flats, but let her have her shoe fun. I also believe the style of the shoe are comfortable for her. Let Sarah have her fun shoes and not be stuffy.

Sarah always looks pretty in green. Tone down the red haircolor a bit, but I know from experience that sometimes my hair is darker or gets a red undertone when I dye it even using the same coloring....so maybe it’s happening to her too. She dyes her hair with the same color product and color number but it comes out a bit different at times. Medication, hormones or even the manufacturers mixyure can be off causing the difference in hair color...or she just likes to change the red up a bit to give us something to talk about.

Sarah is the spark in the royal family....always with a huge pretty smile and colorful clothes, hats, purses and shoes!

I adore the green dress & would wear it myself for sure. Agree that she needs better tailoring/fit.

Her zebra shoes are fun!

Before I looked down and saw Sarah's shoes, I would've said this was one of her better outfits.

I adore the green dress & would wear it myself for sure. Agree that she needs better tailoring/fit.

Her zebra shoes are fun!

This dress looks very nice on Sarah.

Kudos to her for the more attractive and natural eye makeup. She looks fifteen years younger here than the recent Ascot photos.

The dress is too short for her age (only women with exceptional knees look good in short clothes after 50) but I love those shoes.

I like the color on her very much, but the sizing is off. She would have been better off leaving it unbuttoned. Nice smile, though!

Looks like the button on the jacket will pop off any second.

Why does she always do this?

A larger size would be so much more attractive.

I know it really is difficult to understand. She has completely spoilt her appearance in what is otherwise a very nice jacket in a flattering colour. Surely her daughters can tell her this.

Before I looked down and saw Sarah's shoes, I would've said this was one of her better outfits.

I did read sometime ago that Sarah could no longer wear shoes with a heel without being in pain. Didn't give any reason, of course not our business, but it must be a pain to try and find shoes for any outfit that would flatter the leg. Maybe a hip or knee problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom