The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks, AdmirerUS.You are nice.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-13-2018, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Sarah is NOT "nearly elderly". If she is, I'm half dead.
I used the phrase “near elderly.” She is indeed near the age when she will be considered elderly.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think that Sarah is quite to the point where one could say she rode her dinosaur to school yet but she's getting up there like we all do/will.

I didn't care for her outfit at the church at all but that's just my taste showing. It doesn't reflect on Sarah as a person as I thinks she's generally a very warm hearted and thoughtful person with a boatload of personality.

She does however have one gorgeous head of hair and I loved how it was styled in the photo from the evening reception.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-13-2018, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 -

Another picture from yesterday showing Sarah getting ready for the nights party.
Picture taken from the Instagram Story of her Swedish hairstylist Matias Stafsing via Twitter
https://twitter.com/jakreg76/status/...461121025?s=21
Old 10-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I used the phrase “near elderly.” She is indeed near the age when she will be considered elderly.
This made me laugh, because Sarah definitely doesn't strike me in any way as elderly or near elderly. When she hits her 80's then you might have a point.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Another picture from yesterday showing Sarah getting ready for the nights party.
Picture taken from the Instagram Story of her Swedish hairstylist Matias Stafsing via Twitter
https://twitter.com/jakreg76/status/...461121025?s=21
I am surprised by these "indiscretions" but then I had to remember Sarah is no royal and free to do so with her Swedish friends. The result was convincing, she looked very good.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I am surprised by these "indiscretions" but then I had to remember Sarah is no royal and free to do so with her Swedish friends. The result was convincing, she looked very good.
The team has both worked with Sarah before and posted pictures of it so I’m absolutely sure that she approves.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZB9sU3H...d=cssd8koo3p02
They also did some of the female guests at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia of Sweden and posted pictures of Anna von Bayern, a lady that I’m certain knows exactly how she wants things done and would not let them post without asking her first.
https://www.instagram.com/p/33vIwWoI...=1dvcqbl2z7zjw
Old 10-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Umm, Sarah is not even 60 years old. She is merely a mature woman, not near elderly.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

To Queen Mathilde (Vienna), Queen Maxima Duchess Sarah, Please don't wear narrow dresses .
Old 10-13-2018, 04:07 PM
Administrator

This is not about age, but about fashion, time to move on. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It appears that I'm in the minority here but I think her wedding outfit is one of the better dresses Sarah has worn this year so far; that colour is fantastic. Minus her awful hat though, but then again I'm not really a hat person.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-13-2018, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It appears that I'm in the minority here but I think her wedding outfit is one of the better dresses Sarah has worn this year so far; that colour is fantastic. Minus her awful hat though, but then again I'm not really a hat person.
I concur. I think she looked nice as the MOB. I've noticed even when Sarah and the girls are dressed very nicely over the years, there are some who will not even afford them a compliment and it's quite sad.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The dress actually fits. Sarah is however a curvy woman and does not fit the standard of stick thinness that was decided to be attractive. I like that she embraced her curves and is wearing something that shows them off instead of hiding them.
Sarah also got very positive reviews of the dress she wore to Harry's wedding, which was similarly fitted. Both were on the tight side, with sort of rolled collars. In fairness, I think she was trying to stick with a winning silhouette.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Sarah had an underarm stain on her dress that showed when she raised her fist in the air at church.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footwea...202694706/amp/

If these pictures got back to her Sarah must be mortified, anyone would be. I fault the designer for not putting in dress shields.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Sarah also got very positive reviews of the dress she wore to Harry's wedding, which was similarly fitted. Both were on the tight side, with sort of rolled collars. In fairness, I think she was trying to stick with a winning silhouette.
I think in this case Sarah was not flattered by the particular fabric that was chosen for the dress. The navy and pink dress she wore in May was made of a fabric that had a better hand, and therefore skimmed over her curves in a more becoming manner. The green fabric was thinner, slinkier, and had a tendency to wrinkle and cling in the wrong places. And, the truly unforgivable thing was that it showed perspiration under her arms, which the designer should be ashamed of not having foreseen and prevented.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

Although I made a post about Sarah probably approving of the posted pictures someone does not approve since they have been removed during the last few hours 🧐
Old 10-14-2018, 04:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Although I made a post about Sarah probably approving of the posted pictures someone does not approve since they have been removed during the last few hours 🧐
Good glad they have , I think some times a little mystery when you are apart of the royal family is better than advertising how you’ve made some one up for her daughters wedding . ..
Old 10-15-2018, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah posted a full picture from her beautiful green dress by Emanuel Ungaro from the evening reception

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo8kp4QF...arahferguson15

And Another dress for Sarah by Emanuel Ungaro

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo8_R8bF...arahferguson15
Old 10-15-2018, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Too narrow dresses twice also for other Royals Ladies.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've never been overly fond of satin gowns but for Sarah, with her red hair, the green is the perfect foil for it.

(..)

I didn't like the dress worn for the wedding at all but I'm not going to disparage the gown she worn for the evening. She very much looked like the mother of the bride.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread