Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style: October 2004 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find The DoY looking much older, and with considerable weight gain in these photos. Black is starting to look too harsh on Sarah, and only draws out her multitude of freckles, IMO. Hair, wonderful!

:previous:Do you mean those pictures of the DoY with her former assistant? Those are old pictures, actually.

:previous:
Velvet doesn't suit Sarahs figure at the moment.

I think velvet looks somehow cheep with her fair complexion, I'm sorry. And I don't know why she chooses such tight dresses...

:previous:
I like the repeat of the white coat. :)
The second outfit is okay.

Much nicer white coat. What a difference when something fits properly!

The shiny white coat is indeed very beautiful!! But the second outfit looks too casual or maybe this is because Sarah looks a bit clumsy in those photos. JMO

I believe that the suit is short, she should take the skirt a little more long.

Please excuse my english and correct me, if I'm wrong.

I think that Sarah is a lovely woman, but perhaps could use a new fresher look with her hair. So many of the pictures show her hair looking a bit messy. I think Sarah looks fabulous in certain colors like purple or green. She wore an emerald green dress with a beautiful diamond necklace that looked like sun rays, and that color was simply fantastic on her. I do agree with one of the members that black is just too harsh on her with her fair complexion. That multicolored/print scarf she wore with the black suit had some nice colors in it that worked with her coloring, but I think it clashed with the black suit, and also it looked too big. The teal evening gown she wore (with Sigourny Weaver) was a beautiful color on her.

Fergie ( at age 50 ! ) proving that she
has still got the best "Royal Legs " in all of
Europe !

This is a pretty dress IMO, but I'd prefer it in a bright colour. It's just me of course (got pretty tired of black and winter etc.).

I agree with Noor, too much black. I hope that that was a winter trend and that now that spring is here, we can see some lighter and prettier colors on her (as well as all the other royal ladies). With Sarah, it seems she really likes to wear all black from head to toe, quite a lot. I think with her fair complexion, she could still wear black, but maybe tone it down with some brighter color around her face, or maybe some stylish and non-black shoes or bags.

I love her latest fashion. She looks very modern and young and yes she has the best legs!!

Well she's not Royal, though she does have a Faboo pair of legs!
They are kind of masculine looking.and with the bones jutting out unattractive to me anyway jmo!Cyd Charisse had great legs as a prototype

Why are the pics i posted here, deleted? I did a lot of effort to post them!

Why are the pics i posted here, deleted? I did a lot of effort to post them!
You were a victim of "Sanitized for your Protection" dear. Just blame Russo, everybody else does. . . . :whistling:

:D

I remember seeing in one of my royal magazines that Sarah was trying to emulate Diana with a red and black outfit. Diana wore a dress with a strapless black velvet bodice and a long, full red skirt that was shorter in front than at the back, together with long gloves, one red and one black.

Sarah had a knee-length red skirt, some flowers in her hair and on the bodice of her dress and detached ruched sleeves. The picture was captioned 'Fussy Fergie tries too hard'. I'd have got rid of the sleeves and lengthened the skirt.

I think I know the one. It was in People magazines' special "The Royals" 2005.

I'm a bit surprised that until now nobody post her photos from her half sister wedding...

Unfortunately Fergie has never had any form of good dress sense, even whilst married to Prince Andrew. Nothing she ever chooses seems appropriate or complimentary. This bright serise pink shade is really far to "shocking" for her and the gown looks like a badly fitting sack. She really does look aweful. A bright pink gown with red hair is never a good match.

Last edited:
You're right, this dress does not look good. As if she imitated Pippa's dress of the evening reception of Catherine's wedding but without Pippa's athletic and slim body.
Sarah was quoted as having said that if she had been around, Beatrice would not have worn that ridiculous hat at the Royal wedding. Now I don't believe this anymore! If only Beatrice had told her mother to put on another dress. Well, maybe her sister as well.

Nothing was fitting- nor the colour of dress/hair, mess hair, bare arms full of freckles (freckles can look good but here there's bad contrast with dress). I why she was carrying a bottle of water? Surely during the wedding reception the guest are receiving s"omething" to drink :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom