Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style: October 2004 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah does look nice in purple, but not this gown. It's style is made for someone such as Crown Princess Mary and not a fuller figure such as Sarah's. I'm not being disrespectful of Sarah as I sure as heck couldn't wear this gown.

Sarah at a fundraising dinner on November 14, 2011 in London, wearing a black dress with transparent
parts, I don't think it's been a good choice.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Is it just me or does the dress not seem to fit right?

She needs some lipstick!! :whistling:

I like the purple on Sarah, very much. I also like the black dress with the sheer sleeves and bodice. I can't see what's not to like about these two outfits.

Sarah, Duchess of York, at the WOMEN FOR WOMEN International Awards Gala in New York,
November 17, 2011, wearing a recycled black dress with silver details. The dress is nice, but
I think she looks too naked, a little jacket or a stole would have been a good addition.

God! Im speechless! Doesn t she never look at the mirror before stepping out?
Why it is soo difficult for her to dress properly for her body? She is not so fat afterall!

I think she looks confident, but the dress needs a stole or something.

Sarah at the Marie Curie Cancer Care Fundraiser in London on May 15, wearing a black dress and nice curls.
I think black is one of the best colours for her.

Sarah at the Diamond Butterfly Ball in aid of Caudwell Children in London on May 31, 2012, wearing a long evening
dress in a colour that is great for her:

I love jewel tones on ladies of her colouring.

Beautiful color and style on Sarah; the neckline is just lovely and the sequined shoulder band adds nice interest.

Last edited:
At the Marie Curie affair the dress which is cut away has Fergie wearing a bra underneath and the straps are showing and the green though a good colour on her shows all really she should loss some wt and the wear all these fitted gowns I was once a huge supportor here but my patience is running out with her .. IMO and this is only IMO she should get back into shape and stay out of those gowns til she does.
I know it's a bit harsh but there it is. IMO

Sarah is one of those people that no matter what she does or what she wears, she's one of those that just can't seem to carry things off. I'm like that too no matter what I wear. Some ladies seem to be able to throw on anything and look like they just stepped out of a glossy magazine... even a burlap bag.

We have to remember too that Sarah is in her 50s and its the time of life when lots of women find their figures going south and there's just not anything that can change that. Actually for being over 50, Sarah really doesn't look too bad at all as far as I can see. Its more of what she does that worries me. :)

Sarah has always looked best in things that are tailored, and I suppose that's a hard thing to achieve in an evening dress unless it's an expensive couture dress with the proper support sewn in. If things aren't fitted on Sarah, she doesn't look right. I think that the colour looks nice on her, though, and her necklace sets off her dress beautifully.

Look I'm her age and staying in shape is hard I totally agree but I am just an ordinary person with job life etc and I do it.

Sarah at The Novak Djokovic Foundation's inaugural dinner at Capitale in New York City on September 12, 2012, wearing the black evening dress again, she has worn several times before, as well as her special butterfly clutch, we've seen before:

** Full view **

Unfortunately it doesn't do a thing for her. :ermm:

Sarah at The Novak Djokovic Foundation's inaugural dinner at Capitale in New York City on September 12, 2012, wearing the black evening dress again, she has worn several times before, as well as her special butterfly clutch, we've seen before:

** Full view **

Sadly the weight is back... so the angle of the picture might not be the best one (see picture in Bea's tread for a better one) but the dresse does a little for Sarah: It's age-appropriate, the lenght is good, black is a classic and gives her presence (she doesn't disappear like Bea with her pale colored dress and she can pull it with the right makeup which she obliviouslu has on), the loose top balances her body (the hips are larger and there is a belly now that the weight is back) and the transparent sleeves are a little sexy touch plus they also narrow her shoulders (which are wider because the weight is....). So Sarah had a nice dress!

Not a nice dress! Should be a lesson in how to emphasize figure flaws. No excuse.
Same with the too tight black sheath on TV show, she is wearing clothes that would be great on someone else.
I agree Bertie 525, her age is not a pass .

Sitting on a sttol OMG what could be a worse idea when carrying the wt ... the dress is black nothing to say about it but she can do so much better.

Poor Sarah - she certainly didn't choose to sit on a stool as it does nothing good for anyone.
She may not have chosen to sit on a stool but she may have been prepared that she MIGHT have to after watching other tv shows and seeing how the guests were seated.
The chances that she was going to be seated were probably very high. She should have chosen a dress that was looser and longer and didn't squeeze like crazy when she sat down. She could have tried sitting down in a chair in front of a mirror and tested the dress. And checked how the arms looked too.
A lot of people don't have perfect figures, but it is amazing what the proper fit and fabric and a good sleeve or neckline can do.:flowers:

Sarah at the Official Launch of the Carlos Acosta International Dance Foundation in London on September 19, 2012, wearing black again and butterfly shoes :)

** Full view **

I wish she would lose the shoes and choose a pretty color. :bang:

Sarah on October 11, 2012 in New York City.
She was reading 'Ballerina Rosie' to Rosie's Theater Kids.
- The outfit
- Close up

I think Sarah looks quite nice. The dress is in a nice colour, it fits, it's not too short and not too "open".
Yep, this is a great look for Sarah.

:previous:

I also liked that dress on her!

Yesterday evening Sarah attended the Not for Sale's Inaugural Gala in New York City wearing a long black dress and her trademark ;) the butterfly bag.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom