Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style: October 2004 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
August 2011
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/23/article-0-0CB40DCB00000578-42_634x770.jpg
This seems to be photoshopped, or have they all lost massive amounts of weight?

That's true it is a very flattering picture for the three. I do not think it is photoshopped, maybe a little in the face wrinkles, but not the bodies.
Beatrice has truly lost weight, so she appears like she is

Eugenie is 3/4 turned, and she has an intelligent dress, simple right line, not additionnal curves. The neck and shoulders design covers the large bottom and belly.

And Sara wears dark colour, without naked flesh, and she is partially covered by the girls.

So.... it is not very difficult to have a nice picture...for once

Last edited:
This photograph is dreadful. Something is wrong here. They all look like "hobbits" with oversized heads. Not easy to give an honest opinion on this one.

Last edited:
Since Sarah is divorced from Prince Andrew and no longer a part of the royal family, doesn't that mean she is a private citizen like our own sisters and mothers and cousins with regards to her personal appearance?

Since Sarah is divorced from Prince Andrew and no longer a part of the royal family, doesn't that mean she is a private citizen like our own sisters and mothers and cousins with regards to her personal appearance?

The fashion threads are not restricted to royals, there are some other examples (Zara Phillips or Tatiana Santo Domingo).

The fashion threads are not restricted to royals, there are some other examples (Zara Phillips or Tatiana Santo Domingo).

Sadly, the remarks about Sarah are not restricted to "fashion" but are personal about her skin, her body shape and sarcastic comments regarding her grooming. Comparing her unfavorably to someone else, i.e. the poster, who remains hidden, is unfair and ungracious.
Fashion is style of dress. Sarah is a private individual like we are.

While Sarah continues to walk red carpets, go to high profile events and does interviews she is not a private citizan. I don't know about you but I don't do any of these things and haven't made a career of a title and marrying a Prince. Sarah stopped being a private individual when she married Andrew and since the divorce she has chosen not to become one again. Like every other celebrity her fashion and looks will be discussed.

Well why don't we focus on Sarah's fashion and not the personal aspects of her life, her work, trading on her title, etc.

We do enough of that in her regular threads.

The Duchess of York at the First Initiative Foundation opening gala celebration of Sojourn in London,
September 14, 2011, wearing a dark green evening dress, she's worn several times before, for
example in October 2008.

** Pic ** October 2008 **

I am not sure I ever thought i'd hear myself say this but I like the dress...the dark green really suits Sarah's hair colour. I like it...

I like the gown, the color looks good on her, and the diamonds are a nice touch. I wish she would do something with her hair!!!! It's totally straggly. A nice bob would be much better. :ermm:

Please remember that hair in Europe is different than in the US. Hair, generally, is not washed or styled daily. There is nothing wrong with Sarah's hair, IMO.

P.S. (I've not lived in Europe for a number of years, if my hair comments are no longer true, please respond.)

The Duchess of York at the First Initiative Foundation opening gala celebration of Sojourn in London,
September 14, 2011, wearing a dark green evening dress, she's worn several times before, for
example in October 2008.

** Pic ** October 2008 **
I love this dress!

Sarah at The Caudwell Children Butterfly Ball at Battersea Evolution on September 15, 2011 in London,
wearing a long white dress. In my eyes white isn't the right colour for Sarah and her skin. And the cut
that normally looks good on her (she had similar dresses before), doesn't work that well with that white
fabric.

** Full view ** Close up **

OMG!!! TOGA, TOGA TOGA!!! Now that's horrible. :bang:

iceflower said:

Sarah at The Caudwell Children Butterfly Ball at Battersea Evolution on September 15, 2011 in London,
wearing a long white dress. In my eyes white isn't the right colour for Sarah and her skin. And the cut
that normally looks good on her (she had similar dresses before), doesn't work that well with that white
fabric.

Not great but I've seen Sarah in worse for sure.....

I like the dress, although our Sarah needs at least a size larger.

I agree. And what's with the butterfly theme??

The white is well ... I'm speechless, while the black is better her legslook like tree stumps it is okay to go through those times when one is a bit weighty we all have been there BUT calling the world's attention to it... holy smokes. IMO

Sarah at the AllSaints Spitalfields & Not for Sale launch in Hollywood, October 24, 2011,
wearing black and white, a good look for her.

She looks great!I just don't like the necklace.

Finally some nice makeup. She doesn't look washed out like she had been. The necklace doesn't suit the outfit. But she looks good in the black and white.

Sarah at the 10th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation's "An Enduring Vision" benefit in New York
City on October 26, 2011 wearing a great coloured evening dress, she's worn several times before
during the last years. And the butterfly bag is back again!

** Full view ** Upper part **

The makeup and hair is so much better then it has been and I love the colour of the dress. I haven't seen it before but it looks nice. What is it with her and this handbag? This is the third or fourth time she has taken it out with her. Maybe one of the girls gave it too her?

I can't love this dress on Sarah as Princess Mary has the same dress and they have both worn it at least 3 times. I don't think of it as classic enough to wear again and again. Although Sarah looks nice in purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom