Royals in Purple: November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly didn't know this dress was purple. I always thought it was just a muddy blah color. Maybe it's just the images- camera change the color sometimes.:online2lo

I've seen Mary wearing this dress in magazines and to me it looks like a very light, dusty purple.

I couldn't see most of the picks posted by sara1981.

the getty ones or the photobucket ones? I could see the photobucket ones, but I can never see the ones from getty.

Kerry and LadyK,

To see the images from Getty you must refresh the link. The images come through once you have done that.

Sometimes you may click on refresh hundred times and hundred times it will show you only word: Image. But sometimes it works. so we have to be very patient ;) :lol:

Thanks you guys. I can't see them using Internet Explorer but I can when I log onto my AOL account.:)

Posts on this thread need to immediately change.

Until now, this thread has been a list of photos and links to photos that are posted in several other places on this board. Since the Royal Forums is not a photo hosting site but a discussion board, it is very important that this topic include discussion and not just photo links.

From now on, discussion about this topic will be required to keep this thread open.
Photos here are often posted several other places on this board- please consider linking to those places so all members can have some context about when that particular fashion was worn (where, when, why and who!). Understandably, photos are often needed to support discussion but we trust that all members here are very familiar with the more appropriate mix of photos, dicussion and news that is balanced almost everywhere else across the forum.

If this thread does not immediately change from a list of repeated photos to an active discussion, we will have to close it because it is of little value to the forum and is simply using up bandwidth.

So let's all start talking to each other!!
Why do you like royals in purple?
Are there occasions when this wearing this colour was symbolic?
Maybe when it seemed completely out of place?
Who wears this colour the most strikingly?
Are there eras in time when this colour was more popular?
What style of clothing to you think looks best in this colour?
Are there colours that are OK for younger princesses, but not for more mature Queens?

Let the discussion begin!

kwanfan said:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/50887176.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A608FBD7B0C98595564EF3EA9A178B7582

I know that there was some discussion about Queen Rania's long skirt being inappropriate at Felipe/Letizia's wedding, but I think this outfit was one of the most stunning recent royal outfits. The lace with the skirt was gorgeous.

I really like that outfit. The skirt is very nice & a lovely shade of purple. And I agree about the lace with the skirt.

CP Maxima in a purple dress , do you think a royal should dress in a complete outfit of the same color, ex bag, shoes and dress all of the same color?

dazzling, I think on Maxima it looked good. But maybe not on everybody...

I think sometimes it looks lovely if the Royal Women are dressed in only one colour (like Máxima's outfit, or here MM). But normally I like it better if there are some highlights in different colours.

Here is an example for what I mean:
Märtha Louise at Christian's christening. The dress wasn't simply purple, but had some pink highlights. I think that looks really nice.

This is one of my favourite purple dresses:
Mary's purple dress #1
purple dress 2
(fotobank)

She wore it when she wasn't a Crownprincess yet. I think she looked brilliant in purple! This colour suits her alot! I wish she would recycle this dress one day!
IMO, she looks wonderful in purple!

Her_Majesty said:
This is one of my favourite purple dresses:
Mary's purple dress #1
purple dress 2
(fotobank)

She wore it when she wasn't a Crownprincess yet. I think she looked brilliant in purple! This colour suits her alot! I wish she would recycle this dress one day!
IMO, she looks wonderful in purple!

the color does suit her well, but what do you think of the combination of fabrics, it looks like indian gold material on a victorian look a like dress imo.

Her_Majesty said:
I think sometimes it looks lovely if the Royal Women are dressed in only one colour (like Máxima's outfit, or here MM). But normally I like it better if there are some highlights in different colours.

Here is an example for what I mean:
Märtha Louise at Christian's christening. The dress wasn't simply purple, but had some pink highlights. I think that looks really nice.

It was a cute outfit but is it really suitable for a christening? i mean, most of the other royals were dressed up abit more. purple suits many people imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom