Royals in Green: October 2006 - December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyK

Moderator Emeritus
City
Cincinnati
Country
United States
Here is thread (by popular request) about royal ladies (and their men) wearing green, a color that looks good on many of the royals. Please link your photos, and say who they are and when. I would especcially love to see some of the lovely gala wear. :flowers:

Queen Sonja

with Nelson Mandela

ANB

A stunning, shining Green Hat :lol: worn during the StateVisit to Brasil 2004

Scanpix

Haakon's wedding 2001

Corbis

Green is a color which I think does not suit everyone, also depends what shade it is. The dress CP maxima wore in post # 47, I think is unflattering because 1. the fit 2.the print did not help, I like the shade of green in post #47.

Green on CP Mary, is very flattering, dont know if it is because she is a brunette or its just nice on her.

Infanta Cristina of Spain seems to like wearing green at weddings:rolleyes: :

source: Hola (originally scanned by mtbcm, thanks T!) and Polfoto

Infanta Cristina is wearing a weird shade of green, very beautiful, suits her well. The first wrap dress, is elegent

Both of those dresses posted by crisiñaki are some of Cristina's best dresses IMO. She looks really good in that shade of green.
Queen Sonja seems to be able to carry off bright colours, so green suits her!

I love Cristina's 2nd dress too! :wub:
That colour on her is simply CHARMING :)

I love Cristina's second gown.
And I love Letizia's gown from February 8th 2006 by Lorenzo Caprile. It remind me somehow gown of Sigourney Weaver as Queen Isabella from 1492: Conquest of Paradise.

I loved the gown in the second picture form the moment I viewed Cristina wearing it. The gown in the first picture is so elegant also. Cristina is very lucky to be able to wear many different colors! She is so attractive.:flowers:

Thanks LadyK for starting this thread, green is my favorite color.

Queen Silvia in GREEN

1st photo: Queen Silvia of Sweden arrive at the Spring Gala Dinner Dance put on by The American-Scandinavian Foundation in New York on May 12, 2006
2nd photo: Sweden's Queen Silvia and King Karl Gustav XVI during arrivals for the 25th wedding anniversary of Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Theresa at the Royal Palace in Luxembourg, June 30, 2006.

Photo from Polfoto

Last edited:
1st photo: Crown Princess Victoria arrives to the wedding between Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Australian Miss Mary Donaldson on May 14, 2004.
2nd photo: CP Victoria is celebrating her 28th birthday on July 14, 2005

Photos from Polfoto and PPE Agency

kerry said:
Thanks LadyK for starting this thread, green is my favorite color.

Well, You're welcome. But it is you guys who make it great, so keep posting! :flowers: And let's hope the royal ladies keep wearing gorgeous green!

Queen Silvia in green :wub:

corbis, colorpress
originaly posted by Josephine

Well I love dress from 1969! It matches to her and color is lovely too. :)
It's making her taller as usual ;)

Princess Lilian of Sweden wearing different shades of green (1st photo was taken on 22.01.2003 and 2nd on 18.05.2006). BTW pay attention to the bag Princess Lilian is wearing on the 2nd photo:cool:

Photos from Polfoto

How cool! :cool: :lol:
I love that bag, it's the most original piece I've ever seen :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom