Royals in brown: November 2006 - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magnik

Heir Apparent
City
Warsaw
Country
Poland
Brown says stability, reliability, and approachability. It is the color of our earth and is associated with all things natural or organic.

You can post here photos of all royals present and from the past which wore something brown. I mean all shades of brown: light, dark, brownish, chocolate-brown, mahogany etc.

Letizia and Felipe
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125533&d=1113496150
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107381&d=1110565314

Enjoy :flowers:

Last edited:
CP Victoria looks absolutely fab in brown. Could someone please attach the links? Thanks.

have any British Royals ladies wores brown outfits

Thanks Magnik! Victoria looks wonderful.

Maxima looks wonderful in brown- it really suits her with her blonde hair- any pictures???

Last edited:
I have to say that Maxima looks so good in the brown evening dress . One of many of her great looks. JMO.

mims111 said:

Thank you so much for finding these lovely pics. i really love the first one of Maxima wearing that beautiful beaded gown- she looks amazing in it and I like her hair up too :flowers:

Victoria looks great in brown all of those photos are stunning.I think brown and green are her colors:flowers:

Alexandra-chic as usual

Mary-love her in casual wear love the brown coat and pants and I love her in that dark wide brim hat and blouse and beige skirt.I think she is great in the more casual clothes and the daywear that has some flair to them she should stay away from the severe suit look

Mette -Marit -I love her evening gowns they are stunning :flowers:

Maxima-Broken record time I think her evening gowns are beautiful and stunning I just don't like her daywear.

Posts on this thread need to immediately change.

Until now, this thread has been a list of photos and links to photos that are posted in several other places on this board. Since the Royal Forums is not a photo hosting site but a discussion board, it is very important that this topic include discussion and not just photo links.

From now on, discussion about this topic will be required to keep this thread open.
Photos here are often posted several other places on this board- please consider linking to those places so all members can have some context about when that particular fashion was worn (where, when, why and who!). Understandably, photos are often needed to support discussion but we trust that all members here are very familiar with the more appropriate mix of photos, dicussion and news that is balanced almost everywhere else across the forum.

If this thread does not immediately change from a list of repeated photos to an active discussion, we will have to close it because it is of little value to the forum and is simply using up bandwidth.

So let's all start talking to each other!!
Why do you like royals in brown?
Are there occasions when this wearing this colour was symbolic?
Maybe when it seemed completely out of place?
Who wears this colour the most strikingly?
Are there eras in time when this colour was more popular?
What style of clothing to you think looks best in this colour?
Are there colours that are OK for younger princesses, but not for more mature Queens?

Let the discussion begin!

i quite liked the outfit MC wore at Odysseas' Christening (to the church)

do you tyhink borwn work for any event day/night? should a royal wear a full brown suit when attending an event also depending on the color? imo, i like brown evening gowns, MM pulls them off very well so does Maxima.

I prefer brown evening gowns than daytime outfits!
I have dark brown hair and I find that if I wear alot of brown in my outfit, it washes me out-this is what I think happens when Letizia wears it! Maxima however can really pull it off. :)

I love brown for evening wear,wedding ect. for many its a good compromise a basic color that many like myself look better in than black or navy.:)

princess letizia brown maternity dress. what do you think of the shade? I think this is the most proper shade of brown to wear, i like all the details of the dress and how its in a darker shade than the original dress color.

I think the pattern in the dress makes it work- it provides a contrast, since the dress is almost the same colour as her hair. It's not my favourite colour on her but hey- we women need a change sometimes!

And- the style of the dress is adorable on her!

Queen Rania
A leather brown jacket - picture
A brown jacket with a white skirt with brown flower look alike threads - picture

The jacket from the first outfit looks good with almost everything, its one of those shades that will look casual or formal. the second outfit is fresh

I love to see CP Vicoria in brown. It really brings out her big doe like eyes.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom