Royal Ladies Wearing RED: August 2006 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
I this dress too! :flowers: They are wonderful, I love dress with wide skirt! :heart:

rop81 said:
If grindings means bows i totally agree with you, and the hat isn´t good here either...
Yes, I meant "bows" of course ;) Well, maybe that hat she wore over and over again has some special qualities we can't see at first sight, maybe it's weatherproof ;)

Some more pics of Queen Silvia in red:
1. 2004 in Vietnam
2. 1997 in Germany
3. in Venice in the 1980s

(Polfoto, seeger, Frau im Spiegel)

1st photo: 12.02.2004. Dinner at the royal castle. Pictured: Crownprincess Victoria in red dress and Princess Madeleine
2nd photo: 13.03.2005. Crownprincess Victoria was wearing red during Latvian President visit to Sweden
3rd photo: 14.09.2006. Swedish Royals in Finland. Queen Silvia was in red suit.

Photos from Polfoto

Swedish Royals

1st photo: Princess Madeleine of Sweden wearing red suit. Event: the exhibition ”Gold treasures-Romania under 7000 years” with unique subjects from Romanias archaeological treasury. 01.10.2004

2nd photo: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden poses in red during the opening of the exhibition 'Carl Larsson - a Swedish fairytale' at the Exhibition Hall of the Hypo Foundation for Culture in Germany, 17 November 2005.

3rd photo: Queen Silvia of Sweden poses in red suit during an interview with AFP in Stockholm 08 June 2005.

Photo from BrunoPress and ANP Photo

RED on royals is nice, I like the RED they wear, its a nice RED, not a RED/orange which is unflattering. I think RED suits Queen Silvia and CP Letizia the best

Your last three findings are great, Tartucat, especially the one of Madelaine, she looks great in that combination!

Some more of Queen Silvia in red:
1. on the isle of Mainau, Germany, in the 1980s
2. in Germany, 1997
3. at a Kurdish exhibition in Stockholm, 2003
4. family portrait in the 1990s

(Seeger, polfoto, FIS)

Princess Mathilde on visit to New York
front view:
0000370519-008.jpg

back view:
0000370519-009.jpg

source: profimedia

The back view is even better than the front view, mims111 :)

A nice pic of Princess Margaret in 1985, I like the combination with gold:

(HELLO)

Queen Sonja wearing a new, red dress in Egypt

Polfoto

Sarah,Duchess of York's red outfits

jmj21983 said:

You know what's funny? She's owns this dress in two colors, and has worn both to rather high profile gala events. It's the exact same dress, which, in my post, was worn to a Hans Christian Anderson gala in the recent years (I think from after she and Joachim separated). The only difference is that the background color is black, and the bottom hemline is different too. The pattern, down to the color of the lilies, is exactly the same. She's even wearing the exact same hairstyle in both pictures!!!!! :flowers: :lol:

Here's my post in the "Floral Fashions- Royals in Florals" thread. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/535683-post13.html

Posts on this thread need to immediately change.

Until now, this thread has been a list of photos and links to photos that are posted in several other places on this board. Since the Royal Forums is not a photo hosting site but a discussion board, it is very important that this topic include discussion and not just photo links.

From now on, discussion about this topic will be required to keep this thread open.
Photos here are often posted several other places on this board- please consider linking to those places so all members can have some context about when that particular fashion was worn (where, when, why and who!). Understandably, photos are often needed to support discussion but we trust that all members here are very familiar with the more appropriate mix of photos, dicussion and news that is balanced almost everywhere else across the forum.

If this thread does not immediately change from a list of repeated photos to an active discussion, we will have to close it because it is of little value to the forum and is simply using up bandwidth.

So let's all start talking to each other!!
Why do you like royals in red?
Are there occasions when this wearing this colour was symbolic?
Maybe when it seemed completely out of place?
Who wears this colour the most strikingly?
Are there eras in time when this colour was more popular?
What style of clothing to you think looks best in this colour?
Are there colours that are OK for younger princesses, but not for more mature Queens?

Let the discussion begin!

Marie Antoinette http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Lebr04.jpg

Red has more personal associations than any other color. Recognized as a stimulant red is inherently exciting and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived. Red
draws attention and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element.
It symbolizes heat and fires, danger, that's colour of blood and for the centuries it was a royal colour.

I think that almost all of our royal ladies looks good in red. But, it all depend of that of what red is it, I mean - tint. If one lady (never mind is she old or young) will wear red it doesn't mean that she will be looking good on it. But the other one can look great on it.

I like when Maxima (posted by maxima88) and Letizia (dress on Fred&Mary's wedding) wearing red. But I don't like her engagemnt red dress. Maybe it depend of the photos too - light and all that? They looks good in it. I like few of Victoria's red:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3359&d=1046898232
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/2005-national-day-enthronement-ceremonies-7891-17.html (#339).
I like when Elizxabeth II wear red. HM looks so royal in that:wub:

Last edited:
Princess Alexandra of Denmark wearing red
pic
on 15-12-2006 when she and Prince Joachim gave out grants from their fond at Amalienborg Castle in Copenhagen, once again the red colour fits very well with her dark hair and in this case it's a strong and impressive colour showing: I may no longer be an official part of the family, but I'm still here! :)

Princess mary in a beautiful long red coat. This is a great choice since mary usually does not obtain for red in the daytime - picture (danishroyalwatcher)

Princess laurentien in oslo, she wore a pretty gown - picture

Red and ramifications

Red became acceptable to wear first again publicly by none other than Paloma Picasso in the early seventies. It was like she legalized her brunette hair ,red lipstick and red attire.
With regard to the royals red did look naturally lovely on Princess Diana; it looks equally amazing on Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine of Sweden. It is a difficult colour to wear easily.The Queen Of Sweden,Sylvia contrarily to her daughters does not look good in red either.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth has taken to wearing it lately and I feel it overpowers her.Earth tones in dress suit her better. I do not recall Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ever wearing red when Norman Hartnell designed for her.Royals with finely chiselled features are overpowered by this colour unless it is a shade of burgundy.Bright red has the ramifications that one looks washed out.The colour effaces the wearer.I think accesories in this colour are more effective than the colour in a suit or gown itself.

Red does not look good on many people & then you have the different shades. I like it on Letizia, Maxima & Mathilde.
could red be worn to any event, or should it be something abit formal ?

Jaya said:
it looks equally amazing on Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine of Sweden. It is a difficult colour to wear easily.The Queen Of Sweden,Sylvia contrarily to her daughters does not look good in red either.
I Think that red looks really good on both Silvia and Victoria, esp Silvia who can wear almost any colour and look great. Madeleine though only looks good in red in eveningdresses i think, not so much in daytime suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom