The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Serene Highness

thanks iceflower for the beautiful picts of Caroline, does anybody have the one she wore at the Rose Ball in the 80s, with black gloves??

Old 09-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

You are most welcome, rosana. I think I know which pic you mean, I'll take a look if I can find it..

Some more pics of CP Mathilde:

(belga, HOLA)

Old 09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
thanks iceflower for the beautiful picts of Caroline, does anybody have the one she wore at the Rose Ball in the 80s, with black gloves??
Hi rosana, I'm not sure of what year you're talking, but it could be 1985 or 1988.

You can find the pics in this thread: A Retrospective: Rose Ball - Monaco

Here you can find pics of 1985, and here one more,

and here from 1988.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for your help, tbhrc I also had those pics from 1985 in mind!

Princess Elena wearing red:

(gettyimages, seeger)
Old 09-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Royal Highness

No wonder Elena was seeing red...just look at that cape-thing or whatever that her husband had on. Did he forget and thought he was going to a costume ball as Count Dracula?!
Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

The best red dress I've seen on a royal lady was the dress that Princess Madeleine wore to the Nobel Prize gala/banquet.....it's the same dress she's wearing in the official picture on the the Royal Family's website.

Some might have said she showed a little too much decolletage for something that formal, but I think she pulled it off and looked amazing.

Credit: From http://www.royalcourt.se/denkungliga...77fff1195.html
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-10-2006, 02:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
The best red dress I've seen on a royal lady was the dress that Princess Madeleine wore to the Nobel Prize gala/banquet.....it's the same dress she's wearing in the official picture on the the Royal Family's website.

Some might have said she showed a little too much decolletage for something that formal, but I think she pulled it off and looked amazing.

Credit: From http://www.royalcourt.se/denkungliga...77fff1195.html
I totally agree with you, Sister Morphine. This dress is my favourite too. Princess Madeleine is usually wearing light blue, pink, white... But she is looking really fab in red
Old 09-10-2006, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
No wonder Elena was seeing red...just look at that cape-thing or whatever that her husband had on. Did he forget and thought he was going to a costume ball as Count Dracula?!
LOL Very funny, Incas and I agree with you two, Sister Morphine and Tartucat, Madeleine looks wonderful with that dress.

Queen Sofia in red:

(cover)
Old 09-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Gentry

Count me as another one who loves Madeleine's Nobel dress. I remember seeing a picture where she wore another red long dress, but I can't remember the webpage. She must have been still 17 I think, because she looked still very young and had shorter hair. It had no sleeves, no embroidery and I think it was a halterneck. Does anyone know this or the occasion to which she wore it?

@iceflower: I think it's fantastic that the Swedes talked so openly about it. Eating disorders are very dangerous. An example I read last year: The Charité in Berlin wants to expand their therapy centre. They said they have only space for 20 patients, but each year are ca. 1000 asking for a place.

@iloveroyals: That thread would be fantastic. Blue is one of my favourite colours. I think Madeleine would top the thread though.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you so much!!! Its the one from 1988, i had the magazine when i was a child but i lost it. I´ve always love that dress and the way she looks, like a diva!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Madeleine is wearing a "censored" version of the famous red dress in the picture above. The original dress did not have lace covering her bosom. It was added later - probably at mom and dad's orders. It definitely covers more than the original dress. Still very pretty.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Princess Madeleine is wearing a "censored" version of the famous red dress in the picture above. The original dress did not have lace covering her bosom. It was added later - probably at mom and dad's orders. It definitely covers more than the original dress. Still very pretty.

I don't know, in this picture here.....the dress looks identical:

It might be the angle of the official picture, but the lace is already on the dress. She also might have been wearing a different bra for that picture than she is for this one...hence why it looks a little different.

Credit: Getty
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
@iceflower: I think it's fantastic that the Swedes talked so openly about it. Eating disorders are very dangerous. An example I read last year: The Charité in Berlin wants to expand their therapy centre. They said they have only space for 20 patients, but each year are ca. 1000 asking for a place.
I agree, eating disorders are a terrible problem, and the kids with that kind of problems are getting younger and younger, even 6-8 year old girls start to make diets..I think it would be great if a princess would make a special worldwide project about that theme. Red would be a strong colour to support such a campaign So, back to the topic:

The latest pic of Queen Paola only days ago wearing red, and Queen Sofia wearing red Part 2:

(belga, cover, polfoto)
Old 09-12-2006, 03:28 AM
Majesty

Please post the dates and the occasions when these ladies wore their red attire otherwise it becomes a picture dumping thread. It would also be nice to have some dicussion as to why you like these images.

Thank you.

Mandy
House of Fashion Moderator
Old 09-13-2006, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Märtha Louise with some of her red dresses:
1. 2002 at a press conference shortly before her wedding
2. 1997
3. 1991 at her brother's birthday
4. 1999 at a gala dinner
I've chosen those as I like her in that short and elegant red day dresses, but in my eyes the two long evening dresses aren't that perfect for her

(profimedia, polfoto, anp)
Old 09-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I really like the two red galadresses of Märtha Louise!
IMO red is a colour that suits her alot!
she really has some beautiful gowns!

Old 09-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the beautiful photos of Queen Sofia, K!!
IMO, all tha ladies look great wearing red. It's a wonderful color and the contrast with their skins is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Queen Sofia in red:
Just a question K: when was this photo take?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I don't know, in this picture here.....the dress looks identical:

It might be the angle of the official picture, but the lace is already on the dress. She also might have been wearing a different bra for that picture than she is for this one...hence why it looks a little different.

Credit: Getty
No, this one only has lace detailing on the left brest, whereas the other has it fluting across the entire front. Much nicer too, I think.

This one kind of screams "Hollywood Red Carpet", the other breathes regal elegance. (Even the hair is subtly different!)

(ps: Princess Madeline looks absolutely wonderful in such rich colour. Pastels have a tendency to make her look washed out or insipid.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

(belga, cover, polfoto)
Mmmmmm....... that outfit is to die for. The cape is wonderful, the dress and shoes marvelous, and what a scrummy little purse!
All in all, a great look.:mrgreen:
Old 09-18-2006, 03:02 AM
Royal Highness

The Countess of Wessex wearing red for a charity dinner:

(Credit: Abaca Press)

Tags
fashion, royals