The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Pirnces Letizia in her last event (Source: isifa and Comunidad de Madrid)

http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=13040120

http://www.madrid.org/lapresidencia/...mpliada_03.jpg
I's a very good sample of how to match up white and black to be very elegant. ( not the single one as we cand see ) As usual Letizia is adding some refined details as long gloves or nice evening bag.

The black for the gown could be absolutly elegant in particular when it's wearing with a red color sash or when it's mixing with white as Letizia for the last concert in Madrid with the President of Potugal or as Elena in New York for the reception at the Fondation Reina Sofia.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Some pics of Princess Stephanie wearing white, for some years in the 90s she did wear white quite often:

Princess Stephanie in 1996 at the Red Cross Ball, looking like a greek goddess in that dress
P. Stephanie in 1999 celebrating her father's jubilee, one of her best dresses, that makes her look so elegant
P. Stephanie in 2000 at the opening of the Grimaldi Forum, the combination looks simple but that is it's charme
P. Stephanie in 2000 at the ball for animals, I don't like that dress that much, it looks more like a casual dress, together with her hairdo

Old 01-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Great pics you've chosen, Iceflower. I think I like the second one best, that dress is really so elegant, I can't remember any other similar dress that made her look that elegant and feminine. Stephanie should wear white more often again.

I post a pic of her at the Red Cross Ball in 2000, that white dress has really been extraordinary - especially for a princess

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5...edcrosspb5.jpg
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Administrator

You are right Romy, that dress is really extraordinary, it's sexy and fresh, I can't imagine any other princess wearing a dress like that, but it's okay for a princess living at the Cote d'Azur
Here are some more pics of Princess Stephanie wearing white:

1. At the Night of Brazil Ball in 1997 a very sweet and nice little Brazilian dress
2. At the Red Cross Ball in 1995 very elegant dress
3. At the Red Cross Ball 1999 a simple and wonderful dress that goes very well with her hairdo
Old 01-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Nobility

Princess Letizia was lovely with this black and white dress

http://www.abc.es/galerias/gente/med...7-20070130.JPG
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7314...631F868A8C7D54
Old 02-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
this was a really cute dress. I liked the dtails of the lace hanging at the bottom of the dress. White looks good on letizia
Old 04-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy

What a sweet little white dress, Princess Stephanie wore in 1997, Iceflower. Thanks for that, I had not seen that before, I would like to have that as well The others are also quite nice.
I found two more outfits of her in white, at the National day in 2000 and
at an exhibition in 2004, a totally different outfit, take a look
Old 05-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Administrator

It's nice to compare these two outfits you've posted pics of, Romy and it shows what different kind of styles you can make out of a simple white fabric..

As we've posted several pics of Stephanie wearing white dresses, here are some of her black ones:

1. 1996 at the Rose Ball - very elegant together with the jewellery
2. 1996 National day - elegant black dress and a very rare ocassion that she combined it with a hat
3. 2000 at a charity event - the black dress is a huge contrast to her hair colour
Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

Very lovely pics, Iceflower, I like all the outfits in black, and I also have some to dicuss:

The first one is from the circus festival in 2003, it's a very high slit dress, I don't like the combination with her hairdo:
2003a
A pic from the Rose Ball also in 2003, like that dress with the silver special:
The third one is from the National Day in 2004, a leather outfit in black, I'm not sure about it:
Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Thanks for sharing more pics to dicuss, Romy As to the first of your pics, I did not really like the dress, it's been a bit too much, the second one was lovely and I agree with your feelings about the last outfit, on some pics the leather jacket looked a bit too hard - I do not find any better words for that

How do you like these black dresses Steph wore:

1. At a concert in 1990 - like that very much, as it's quite elegant and feminine
2. At the magic festival in 1999 - one of my favourites, it's been very special with these dips
3. At the rose ball in 1998 - a bit too much fabric, but it was because of her pregancy..
Old 05-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy

I like them a lot, Iceflower, the second one is the best as you already said, her whole appearance on that day was great, the dress together with the hair and the jewellery, she looked very feminine, wish she would choose an outfit like that again.

Two more pics, what about Caroline as well?

2003 looks too dark and sad
2004 red cross ball very nice
Old 05-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy

I found two for Caroline

From her brother's enthronement
ImageShack - Hosting :: enthronementad8.jpg

And from the Rose Ball (can't remember which year, and I can't really tell if its brown or black:p)
ImageShack - Hosting :: roseballsd5.jpg

Old 05-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

National Day 2006
ImageShack - Hosting :: nationalday06dz8.jpg
Old 05-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Puppigurl2005, the Rose Ball pic you've posted is from this year, you can see the date at the right sight of your pic
I'll also post some of Caroline next time, this time I still have some of Steph's black dresses:

1. At the evening of the rally Monte Carlo 1996 - very elegant and feminine
2. At the National Day in 1998 - also very elegant and once more with a hat
3. At the Rose Ball in 1997 - modern black dress, but not one of my favourites
Old 05-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you both puppigurl2005 and iceflower!

I'm also not sure if the Rose Ball dress was more black or brown, there were many glittering colours in it..
I like all three black dresses of Princess Stephanie you've posted, Iceflower.
Now I also start with some black dresses of Caroline

2001 that has been dicussed because of the neck line
http://i13.tinypic.com/631371w.jpg interesting sleeves
http://i10.tinypic.com/68kpwfp.jpg very nice modern cut
Old 05-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Puppigurl2005, the Rose Ball pic you've posted is from this year, you can see the date at the right sight of your pic
I'll also post some of Caroline next time, this time I still have some of Steph's black dresses:

1. At the evening of the rally Monte Carlo 1996 - very elegant and feminine
2. At the National Day in 1998 - also very elegant and once more with a hat
3. At the Rose Ball in 1997 - modern black dress, but not one of my favourites
I knew that was from 2007...it was just 10 at night and I hadn't done any of my finals work.by the way, great pics of Steph, where did you find them?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppigurl2005
I knew that was from 2007...it was just 10 at night and I hadn't done any of my finals work.by the way, great pics of Steph, where did you find them?
That's a totally acceptable excuse I'm glad you liked the pics, they are all from my personal collection..
Romy, interesting pics, you've chosen, only the second one is not that nice in my personal opinion, these sleeves are a bit strange.

Here's one of the best black dresses Caroline ever wore in the 1990s:
Front
Back
Old 05-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary in a white coat May 26, 2007 - picture
Queen Rania in a black skirt & top May 20, 2007 - picture
Princess Haya in a white toub May 10, 2007 - picture
Queen Rania in a white dress & Princess Haya in a white suit May 19, 2007 - picture
(anp, reuters via yahoo)
Old 05-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Mathilde:
* Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 05-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

*Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
*Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected