Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 3: December 2016 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MT looks really nice - gorgeous color - but I agree about the heavy sequins at the top being too much for daytime.

I love Claire's coat and hat, and that the shoes match the piping on her hat. But I am not a fan of the toe of her shoes; seems so harsh (for lack of a better word) with such a delicate outfit.

Princess Claire often wears wrong outfits for public Events.

Alexandra's skirt is too short. Not liking the repeated casual hat with the navy/black dress. Interesting necklace though. Strange mix.

I sure hope she is wearing great panties for that is one very short short dress and so not appropriate for being a princess at an royal family event. Good grief, she was let out of the palace like that..:eek:
Not liking the outfit either......not the hat....nor the purse, sloppy put together on the run type of outfit.

Oh my, I didn't even notice Alexandra's outfit. The skirt is WAYYYYYYYY too short, bordering on the indecent. The top half is fine, the hat and jewelry are good.

:previous: I agree... except for the skirt length it's a cute outfit.:ohmy:

Claire usually looks great and I adored her in that powder pink coat when she first wore it to Gui and Steph's wedding but something is "off" in this outing. Maybe it's because I so loved the way she accessorized it at the wedding, and not so much here.

Last edited:
I have wondered if perhaps she wasn't wearing shorts as quite elegant and fun matching suit sets have been making an appearance. It made sense to me because in my mind I could not see either her mother or father letting her appear in such a short skirt at an official event.

:previous:
Madame Macron tries hard to look young. The colour of the dress is flattering though. Grand Duke Henri looks the best.

:previous:
Madame Macron tries hard to look young. The colour of the dress is flattering though. Grand Duke Henri looks the best.

She has acknowledged that when she sits across from her husband at breakfast, she sees his 'youth', and he sees her wrinkles.

"Emmanuel's only fault is to be younger than me."

She looks great in that style of dress.

Maria Theresia looks great! I love how she has paired a light blue necklace with her navy top.

Veering off the topic ...

She has acknowledged that when she sits across from her husband at breakfast, she sees his 'youth', and he sees her wrinkles.

"Emmanuel's only fault is to be younger than me."

She looks great in that style of dress.
The dress cut and colour are lovely. Madame Macron's figure does allow her to wear such short dresses. A slightly longer skirt would have been a more elegant choice. Overall, a mini skirt/dress and high necks might be viewed as a clumsy attempt to look youthful. In my opinion, the mini dress in question is more appropriate for younger ladies.

Last edited:
:previous: I completely agree about Mme. Macron's fashion selection. She seems to own the same loose, very short shift dress in a variety of colors and it sadly doesn't flatter her figure or age bracket at all. But she seems a lovely woman.:sad:

Last edited:
MT looks lovely in those colors- hair, makeup, jewels, all really great. The Grand Duke looks as though he's going to a different event altogether.

it looked like a really relaxed event. everyone looked very informal.

Omg Claire! The top to the dress is barely there. And the gathers at the waist and the lace make her look much bigger

Reactions: eya
Claire does not look good at the pre-wedding event. Too skimpy up top, and not flattering at all. Her dress for the wedding is beautiful, but I'm not sure a backless gown is appropriate for a church wedding.

M-T is pretty & appropriate at all 3 events. I wonder if she does her own make-up because it always looks wonderful, and she has that same beautiful olive skin that my mom has. I, however, take after my Dutch/Irish dad; I make Nicole Kidman look tanned.

Sybilla looks pretty.

Both M-T & Henri look very proud at Sebastien's swearing-in.

Claire looked horrible at the pre. The skimpy top, the horrible clunky shoes which didn't match. :eek:

The weddung she looked beautiful :flowers:

I see no issue with backless, not like showing cleavage. Plenty of brides wear backless. Stephanie certainly had a deep v back on her wedding dress.

MT I like her pre wedding. Reminds me a tad of mumu, but the colors and style suit her. Seems was a casual affair feel.

Not as big of fan of her wedding look. Not big on the print.

A royal look is unknown for Claire . Stephanie has it at once.

MT - she looked nice at both events. I liked the pre-wedding very much
Claire - her pre-wedding dress was a disaster. The top was to small, too low, too much skin showing and to top it all off, I felt like I could see through all of it. And those chunky wedge shoes were awful. Her wedding outfit/dress was very pretty and looked good on her.
Stephanie - lets just say, she took best dressed as far as I'm concerned.

:previous: Not sure what the heck has happened to Claire. With only a couple of exceptions she has looked awful (fashion wise) lately.

That pre-wedding see through lace dress with the loud blue sandal heels is a new low for her. :ohmy:

Claire's yellow dress was terrible and not appropriate to me. Although the blue dress at the wedding was beautiful.

I must say that the GD looks very elegant and chic.......this is very becoming on her. This is a keeper and hope she wears it again.

I haven't liked much of what GD MT has worn recently, but that ivory suit is perfection!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom