Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this dress does not fit the figure of Claire. This dress adds pounds her waist :/
I will agree with you on that. The peplum just adds volume and she is a beautiful girl, no volume needed. I would have loved to have seen the dress with no peplum, the fabric looks gorgeous. MT looks nice and so does Tessy. Alexandra's dress could have been a touch larger, it's a little snug on her. Noah and Gabriel look way too cute.

Claire has an exotic, almost Oriental face. That last photo of her looking over her shoulder is exquisite.

Thanks iceflower!:)

Claire has an exotic, almost Oriental face. That last photo of her looking over her shoulder is exquisite.

Thanks iceflower!:)

:flowers: Sorry. It's Asian for people. Oriental is used when you're describing rugs or furniture or a region.

Claire's hair and make up was beautifully done but her outfit was "OK". The peplum execution somehow didnt work too well on her.

MT - Looked nice but hideous lipstick colour IMO. She should've gone for a softer colour.

Alexandrea - Beautiful dress and very Prada.

Tessy - Simple look that works for her style.

I'm afraid I thought she was pregant in that dress. A peplum can do that if not fitted properly. Or, it could have been her posture.Her sitting posture was especially poor.
However, it is a beautiful dress, and shoes and the hair and makeup are just lovely.
Love the earrings too, are they aquamarines?
She is an exquisitely beautiful girl

Last edited:
I'm afraid I thought she was pregant in that dress. A peplum can do that if not fitted properly. Or, it could have been her posture.Her sitting posture was especially poor.
However, it is a beautiful dress, and shoes and the hair and makeup are just lovely.
Love the earrings too, are they aquamarines?
She is an exquisitely beautiful girl

I agree, I'm not a fan of peplum. It adds bulk to the midsection and hips.

I loved Claire today. Simple and perfect.

MT was OK but nothing special.

Alexandra was very beautiful. I usually don't like her with dresses with this cut because they make her look too big, but this time she managed to look very good.

Tessy - Her dress is nothing special but somehow she looked very beautiful too

Hugely beautiful Tessy and how MT has lost weight !!!

Claire's hair and make up was beautifully done but her outfit was "OK". The peplum execution somehow didnt work too well on her.

MT - Looked nice but hideous lipstick colour IMO. She should've gone for a softer colour.

Alexandrea - Beautiful dress and very Prada.

Tessy - Simple look that works for her style.

Clarie wore dress from Jan Taminau.

GD MT wore dress from Eduard'a Vermeulen for Natan.

P Alexandra wore dress from Prada.

P Tessy wore dress from Lynn Adler.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not sure how to describe Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's outfit,of the 3 I think Princess Alexandra is the best dressed.

Didn't like any of the outfits. Princess Alexandra dress is lovely but I didn't think it suited her and it didn't seem right for the occasion.

There didn't seem to be a specific dress code with Beatrice in a pantsuit but Princess Alexandra in a long gown.

Didn't like any of the outfits. Princess Alexandra dress is lovely but I didn't think it suited her and it didn't seem right for the occasion.

I agree cepe. It's better than what she wore when she attended Stephanie last fall, but that isn't saying much is it?

I am just floored that the new Princess Claire basically copied her sister-in-law, even though imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and Claire obviously looks beautiful, but I liked her civil dress better quite honestly.

It even looks like it was embroidered with leaves...like Stephanie's!

And sorry...Beatrice Borromeo's pantsuit is nice, but not for a wedding.

Last edited:
I think that GD Maria Teresa wore Natan's dress at the wedding - I don't like this dress and coat. The color is nice, but ... the material is too "shiny" and GD reminds me a Christmas ornament!

Princess Alexandra doesn't look good in this dress from Jenny Packham. Princess does not have a suitable figure for such dresses. This dress adds her some pounds.

Last edited:
Prettiest bride I have seen in ages! Her dress was beautiful and elegant and light. I loved the way the long sleeves went to "nothing" by her wrists. Not the least close to her SIL dress. This one has much more delicate look, and the silhouette is columnar, not heavily full skirted like her SIl
Comparisons aside, the bride's large tiara and veil framed her face beautifully.
Aside from her wedding party, I think only her mother, whom she resembles and who wore a version of her civil dress, were well dressed.
Especially Felix's pregnant cousin in red, what a disaster.
Stepanie's dress looked like a thrift shop item, MT, another Natan worse than for last years wedding sleeves so similar. Why all those ruffles and poofs on her little body.
Alexandras dress simply a terrible choice, chiffon, light blue, lace, everything to add weight.
Tessy was fair but the hat ruined it.
Beatrice's pants unsuitable, imo.
MC looked well.
Only criticism, bride still slouching, maybe she is triyng to appear shorter?However Lucky for her, Beatrice's appalling posture make her look good!
Pierre and Belguim boys Wow for the men's department and thank God Felix shaved!

Claire's civil dress made me gasp out loud...she looked like Audrey Hepburn. Her bridal gown-especially around the neckline-gave me a strong sense of deja vu.:ermm:

Claire is wearing my second favourite bridal dress ever, after Stephanie. Looks stunning!

TBH, Claire's tiara/veil placement and appearance trumps Stephanie...but I like the drama and scope of Stephanie's gown better than Claire's.

Both brides are/were stunning though.

MT- What was she thinking wearing that outfit.

Tessy - I don't like all the ruffles on her dress with the open her.

Alexandra - She doesn't have the figure or height to pull off such a dress IMO. The color was also very wrong for her.

Bride - Amazing and a beautiful dress but she didn't wear it well, it just didn't fit her IMO. I loved the details, the work the veil, all very pretty. The hair was done nicely and so was the make up.

Stephanie looks horrid at the wedding. The hat is way too big against that cheap looking dress. I like that she chose a strong color that complements her hair and complexion.

Alexandra's dress was okay but not particularly flattering. The comparison's to the Duchess of Cambridge wearing that same dress is unfortunate.

Tessy looked lovely in her relatively simple dress.

I also didn't like MT's hat or the detal on the sleeves of her jacket.

Alexandra - She doesn't have the figure or height to pull off such a dress IMO. The color was also very wrong for her.

Was the dress that Alexandra wearing the bridesmaids dress? Since she is the only one wearing a long dress, I assume it was. Do we have pictures of the other bridesmaids?

Was the dress that Alexandra wearing the bridesmaids dress? Since she is the only one wearing a long dress, I assume it was. Do we have pictures of the other bridesmaids?

Actually I think you may be right. She walked in with Felix Lademacher who's tie was a similar shade of blue as Alexandra's dress.

Last edited:
At the Church wedding of Felix & Claire. September 21, 2013

Tessy: Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Side view

I'm sorry to say but I was disappointed in the general style chosen for the ladies; among all I thought Princess Tessy's simple dress looked good on her, the color suited her, her hair was nicely done and her headpiece was an interesting complement to it all. ;)

Last edited:
Same here Danishla...in fact the entire Church wedding has disappointed me. I don't know why I feel so let down by it all....

Same here Danishla...in fact the entire Church wedding has disappointed me. I don't know why I feel so let down by it all....

Because of high expectations caused by previous weddings? Some brides catch the spirit and others totally miss it. And this wedding apparently had mixed dress code, or something like that.

Skippy, you could be right. I was floating on air for a couple of days after the romance and grandeur of Guillaume's wedding, but it was unrealistic to expect the same for this one.

It certainly looked like a nice wedding though.

I am not sure I liked any on the dresses/gowns worn by the family MT was okay Tessy the dress was too short IMO for all the frilly bits on the bodice and i usually love her style and the Alexandra gosh horror.. I think Claire is a much nicer bride than anyone in the last few years picture perfect IMO.

Does anyone have an idea what the ? pendant, brooch, ? is on the center front of Claire's gown? It looks silver/white gold. It it an angel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom