Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire's dress was too short not a good look I know she is not a full time royal but surely she should know how to wear appropriate clothing especially for a church event.

IIRC the dress she (Claire) wore to her own child's baptism was too short as well...I remember several commenting about it.

LaRae

Yes, it was. She is a tall, long-legged woman like I am and when I was her age I sometimes made the same mistake. But surely a Royal lady like Claire has someone to help and advise her??!:ermm:

I don't think any of them have advisers they simply wear what they like . But you would think common sense would say this is too short for this event in a church.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't have common sense about what to wear to Church. I guess there's a lack of it among the nobles/royals as well.

LaRae

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't have common sense about what to wear to Church. I guess there's a lack of it among the nobles/royals as well.

LaRae

Very true I think church is the one place you should try to at least look presentable.

I agree , Claire's dress is too short and bling bling as usual !

Tessy's hemline is too short as well. I have no idea what's going on in Luxembourg with the Royal ladies!:sad:

Maria Theresa's dress is the most appropriate for the occasion, I like the colour but am not so keen on the style. The texture also seems a bit odd as it reminds me a little of wallpaper.

Claire's outfit is great and I love that shade of red, but I agree with those who have said that it is too short. It looks as if she's tried to make it work with the hat, but it doesn't, to me.

I like Tessy's outfit as well, the colours are nice, but I feel that it's more suited for a wedding or party.

When i think of the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, i can see her face disagreeing.

They are rarely elegant.

I only like Claire's look. I love the color.

The color is the only thing I like about Claire's outfit. Otherwise it's inappropriate and unflattering to her figure. I am very surprised she wore what she did, I expected better from her.:ermm:

Tessy's teal suit inside the church was lovely.

Talking of skirt length I think MT's dress is unflattering because it hits her legs at just the wrong place, but I know she isn't very tall so that might cause problems for her.

For short woman a long dress just makes you shorter.

May 12, 2015 - Princess Tessy at a spring gala in London.

The dress is a lovely color but the bow is slightly outdated IMO. Nevertheless, she looked good.

Full view ** Close up

I dislike the bow but the dress is beautiful.

June 23, 2015 - National day daytime and dinner events

I don't care much for her dress or hat, I thought it was slightly underdressed for the daytime event but she looked good. For the dinner, I thought Claire looks stunning! The red dress is very pretty and she wore it well with the right jewels, hairstyle. She really stood out.

Princess Claire daytime event ** Princess Claire at the dinner

Princess Tessy at the daytime event, looked good in the color and it's a lovely hat but the dress was unflattering, it did nothing to her figure. For the evening look, she looked good! That's a simple yet elegant dress.

Princess Tessy daytime event ** Princess Tessy evening look

Princess Alexandra for the daytime event, she looked like she was going to a theme party, I didn't like her look. For the evening, she looked nice, nothing special going on.

Princess Alexandra daytime look ** Princess Alexandra evening look

Last edited:
Very beautiful Tessy and wonderfully dressed too !

Daytime : Claire she was going for coffe? Tessy nice but unflattering, Alexandra anfull.

Evening : Claire beautiful , Tessy simple but elegant , Alecandra just good.

I love Claire's daytime outfit but I dislike the style of her gown. The color is stunning however.

Alexandra's daytime look was very beautiful.

Claire: I love her day-time outfit but not for the national day. It seems she's going to the polo... She looks fantastic at night.

Tess: Looks great at both day and night events.

Alexandra: I like her daytime outfit, minust the hair accessorie. The night dress seems to be nice even though this perspective isn't the best

Looking at Alexandra's evening look, isn't that the dress that Stephanie wore to the dinner the night before Madeline and Chris's wedding at the hotel?

Claire's evening dress does nothing for her. She is tall, slim and pretty and could wear anything.the sleeves look funny in photos

I love Claire's looks. She is such a beautiful woman. She doesn't need much to look stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom