Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
October 3, 2012 - Grand Duchess and Stephanie attended a concert. Grand duchess in a black suit and Stephanie in a lovely blue dress. Stephanie actually looks good in that shade, the cut is flattering and hair open suits her much better than pulled up. The silver heels are a bit to silvery for the dress IMO. Nevertheless this is her best look so far.

Picture
Well, all this talk about Stephanie style . . . . nobody in this photo looks good anyway.:ohmy:

rominet09, because in some photographs she appears too pale and almost homely to be quite honest.

And she is anything BUT homely. She might not be everyone's idea of beautiful but she has a very delicate, fine featured pretty face with a virtually flawless complexion. With the right grooming and cosmetics she would photograph better and show off her looks to best advantage.

I think she is lovely. She reminds me of the paintings I've seen depicting young noblewomen of the High Renaissance period.

Last edited:
Maybe she is happy with the way she looks. Why change it - he obviously loves her the way she is. As a previous poster said, she looks elegant and correct for the occasion. I am always surprised by the way that it is assumed that CPs et al must take an interest in fashion and "lead" the way. Why should they? Elegant and correct seems good to me.

She will be busy enough getting to grips with the (small p) politics that operate within all families, never mind royalty. That and learning how it all works. That's the priority. And she needs time to get over the loss of her mother and the stress of the wedding.

Hope she never reads some of the comments on here because it wouldn't help her confidence.

You are exactly right Mariel. Nothing that has been posted here has been mean or unkind...quite the opposite especially when you read some of the other blogs online. :ohmy:

I like Guillaume's fiancee...I think he made an excellent choice and that she is the personification of "class".

Making a suggestion about makeup can hardly be called "negativity".:ermm:

:previous:

I did say "some" :flowers: I just dont like the idea that she has to change. She is good the way she is.

Maybe she is happy with the way she looks. Why change it - he obviously loves her the way she is. As a previous poster said, she looks elegant and correct for the occasion. I am always surprised by the way that it is assumed that CPs et al must take an interest in fashion and "lead" the way. Why should they? Elegant and correct seems good to me.

Hope she never reads some of the comments on here because it wouldn't help her confidence.

I agree with you; having good make-up, or looking 'good' in the eyes of the masses really gets on my nerves. I don't wear make-up at all (don't know how to, and quite frankly, I'd rather sleep for extra twenty minutes than bother with eye shadow, and whatever else), and I get annoyed when people tell me that if I want to be noticed, I should change my hair, wear make-up, etc. And why? Not because I want to, but because it's what our society expects of a female. That's just wrong and disgusting. No wonder so many women have issues with confidence and self-esteem; being themselves is never quite good enough. I hope Stephanie listens to advice of those who know, accept and love her best, but most importantly, follow her own instincts. She can't go wrong there. Oh, and I'd rather look pale, and than be painted like a clown. Just saying :ermm:.

rominet09, because in some photographs she appears too pale and almost homely to be quite honest.

And she is anything BUT homely. She might not be everyone's idea of beautiful but she has a very delicate, fine featured pretty face with a virtually flawless complexion. With the right grooming and cosmetics she would photograph better and show off her looks to best advantage.

I think she is lovely. She reminds me of the paintings I've seen depicting young noblewomen of the High Renaissance period.
I too think she is extremely beautiful.....:flowers:

Last edited:
They both look so in love :wub:. Lovely ring on Stephanie, and she looks quite good in that shade of pumpkin orange. Don't care for the blue and white dress, however. Reminds me of a house coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The orange jacket looks nice. Hate the print on the dress.

Stephanie looks really lovely with the blue and white dress. It looks like a Diane von Furstenberg kind of dress.

Stephanie looks really lovely with the blue and white dress. It looks like a Diane von Furstenberg kind of dress.

Yes, it's Diane von Furstenberg dress --> http://cdnd.lystit.com/photos/2012/...o-dress-product-1-2811253-348464266_full.jpeg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/production.products.styledon.com/12535/medium.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/qohx7c.jpg --> It seems to me that the CP Mathilde has the same dress.

This pattern adds to its years.

I have to admit that Stephanie wears better and better...

Last edited:
I really like Stephanie's style of late.
The orange jacket outfit is great, especially for autumn. The wrap dress is flattering, although I'm not too fond of the print.
But most of all, I like her hairstyle and makeup; those straight hair ad very natural looking, minimalistic makeup accentuate Stephanie's greatest asset - youth.

stephanie is looking just fantastic in that dress. i am not a fan of DVF but she rocks it.

Absolutely lovely.

I quite like the blue & white wrap dress. The cut is very flattering on her. Best I've seen Stephanie look so far.

This woman is so beautiful that it causes one to catch one's breath. I don't like the blue patterned dress either, but then I almost never like patterns like that on anyone. However, on her...not so bad.

DVF dress suits her well. She looks well in a low v neck, both that dress and orange blazer.
Would like a little trim of her hair.

Beautiful! Stephanie looks great and what a nice tribute to her mother! I can't wait for the festivities and her wedding dress. She'll make a gorgeous bride.

That blue print Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress looks wonderful on Stephanie. Wrap dresses are for women with slim, feminine bodies so it's perfect for Countess Stephanie. Her face looks flawless and radiant. :whistling:

Stephanie's beautiful honey blonde hair is almost reaching her waist now. :ohmy: I am almost certain that she is growing it for her wedding day hairstyle but I hope she will consider taking off a few inches after the wedding...it's a little too long, imo.

Little by little she is transforming herself into what a Princess should look like. ;)

Last edited:
The colors of the DVf dress did look good on her but the actually cut of the dress was not flattering.

The orange jacket is not her color.

The dress is a bit too short but she looks lovely all the same.

She's beautiful! It would have been perfect if the dress was a few cm longer

At the engagement photo opportunity:

Claire is wearing a classy nude knee-long dress with a black belt.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Claire is young enough to wear a short dress like this. I like the simplicity of the dress and the color works well on her. The belt is cute.
Im glad that she didn't go for the classic suit/outfit for this event.

I would prefer a few more inches on the dress. These young princesses and princesses-to-be always seem to wear their skirts too short, as in the current mode. This dress with another three inches on it would make Claire look more graceful, even slimmer.
This cut makes her look a little thick, which is ridiculous because she is probably NOT thick. The color is excellent for her. She should wear shoes a little shorter and stand up straight instead of leaning toward Felix to look a little shorter than he is...this was commented on the site called Miss Honoria Glossop, that she might get a neck problem from leaning this way if it persists (Miss Glossop is a tough critic). Well, she's just a fiancee, she will work it out.

That dress is very pretty. Love that color.

I would prefer a few more inches on the dress. These young princesses and princesses-to-be always seem to wear their skirts too short, as in the current mode. This dress with another three inches on it would make Claire look more graceful, even slimmer.
This cut makes her look a little thick, which is ridiculous because she is probably NOT thick. The color is excellent for her. She should wear shoes a little shorter and stand up straight instead of leaning toward Felix to look a little shorter than he is...this was commented on the site called Miss Honoria Glossop, that she might get a neck problem from leaning this way if it persists (Miss Glossop is a tough critic). Well, she's just a fiancee, she will work it out.

I agree with everything, especially about her posture and the way she seems to always lean/bend toward Felix.

She is a beauty however, and will be a great addition to an already exceptional group of young women in the Grand Ducal family.;)

Maybe her mother taught her to wear the black tights! What a horror with such a pretty dress. Of course it is also too short. Let's hope she sees a picture of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom