Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: That was not a good idea at all!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Prisma!

Well:
Maria-Teresa: Nice , elegant, i like it!
Alexandra:Τhe black jacket was not necessary.
Claire:Just nice.
Tessy:Could better

(And something for the moderator team: Why have separate threand about Stephanie fashion and not about Grand duchess??)

Thanks Prisma!

Well:
Maria-Teresa: Nice , elegant, i like it!
Alexandra:Τhe black jacket was not necessary.
Claire:Just nice.
Tessy:Could better

(And something for the moderator team: Why have separate threand about Stephanie fashion and not about Grand duchess??)

You're welcome! :) I assume the jacket was needed to cover her shoulders. I remember that dress was sleeveless and maybe she didn't want to carry a shawl this time. Another colored jacket would be better though. Black looks harsh against a lace pastel dress.

See post 234 about GD MT not having her own fashion thread.

You're welcome! :) I assume the jacket was needed to cover her shoulders. I remember that dress was sleeveless and maybe she didn't want to carry a shawl this time. Another colored jacket would be better though. Black looks harsh against a lace pastel dress.

See post 234 about GD MT not having her own fashion thread.

Thanks again!!! I disagree about Maria-Teresa! I believe that it should have its own thread as and other major royal ladies here! I hope moderator team to see that again! It seems very odd!

As for Alexandra I agree about the colored jacket and not black but i prefer be wearing shawl!!!

Maria Teresa: NO!
Claire:NO!
Tessy:NO!
Alexandra:NO!
Can wait for today?? :ermm:

Alexandra looks okay but a bit casual.

Tessy's was the best of the other three, but burn he green pants. I could handle the rest.

Claire's just screams 80's, and 80's is never a good 'retro' vibe to have :ermm:

MT just no.

Though I am not a fan of her coat, I don't think MT's would look better with cream. Ombre is meant to go light to dark. And with the paler blue top, a white bottom would give a pastel easter egg feel to me, dated at best.

I like both Tessy and Alex. I wish Tessy had her hair up though, it seems a bit casual for the event. I guess her blue dress she gave a preview for is for tonight.:flowers:

Claire: I like her from the waist up. Her hair and jacket, jewelry are nice. But not a fan of the pants at all.

indeed, i wonder what claire and tessy were thinking about in those suits???!!

Last edited:
I think overall, the outfits worn by the Luxembourg princesses were nice, though I'm not a fan of Maria Theresa's or Alexandra's looks for the military parade. I'm not too enthused by the ombre effect and there's just something about Alexandra's dress that I don't like but can't put my finger on it.

Tessy's dress looks like some bizarre mix of Disney princess meets burlesque. In the group photo it looks almost like it is see through and you can see skin tone under it. I know it is simply lighting and color of the dress, but not a good look. The puffy sleeves and overall style makes me think of a classic Disney princess dress. And the weird part that goes right up the front of her and seems to stop at her belly button :ermm:

Alexandra has the best dress by far of any of the women. Her tiara could be better placed, but the dress is quite lovely.

MT's dress I am mixed on. The odd part that looks like a built in pashmina is giving me a 90's prom vibe. But the color is amazing on her.:flowers:

Claire isn't too bad. A bit boring but nice enough. Not excited at all :sad:

The tiaras were the most exciting. I am surprised Steph has seemed to draw the short straw on tiaras tonight. Hers seems far smaller than the others.

I thought that Princess Claire was the best dressed Princess tonight and that Princess Tessy wasn't too bad the rest were not great.

The peach dress Alexandra wore for the Philharmonic event on the 23rd looks to be the same she wore on June 30, 2006 for an event for her parents 25th wedding anniversary.

The peach dress Alexandra wore for the Philharmonic event on the 23rd looks to be the same she wore on June 30, 2006 for an event for her parents 25th wedding anniversary.

Yes, it is. Luxarazzi also identified Tessy repeated the green dress from Archduchess Marie-Christine's wedding and Maria Teresa's is the Elie Saab from CP Victoria's wedding. Looks so different with the lower sleeves/wrap and no orders.

More gala photos at
Luxemburger Wort - Der Empfang im "Palais"

Last edited:
Luxemburger Wort - Der Empfang im "Palais"

There's quite an odd shot in these pictures. There is a white-haired person (can't tell for sure from the back whether it's a man or a woman) with an elaborately pleated gown/coat who seems to be lifting the dress in a rather risque fashion. Can't someone make me feel better about that?

Maria Teresa's gown is stunning! Such exquisite design. She is my only favorite of the women.

Of all the different outfits I was appalled the most at Alexandra's messy casual looked like sweatpants and an old blazer for the parade and Tessa's green pants, Madonna early 80s hair and assessories. Loved Claire's two pants suits she is so tall and has a great figure but the oversized earrings are too ugly and so is her makeup in every picture. It is a shame. The white dress looked like a nightgown. Tessy looked great in the mint green sheath, the only nice outfit for the national day picture. For the gala,Stephanie and Tessa's gowns were too ugly, looked like they got them at a junior prom thrift shop. Alexandra's gown was a pretty color and the style suits her beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom