Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand why GD does not wear a vale. And what a faux-pas for Stephanie such a short skirt

Yes once again Stephanie has made a bad choice. She really needs some help with her clothes even if it's just other family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Stephanie's skirt could have been 3-5 inches longer. But I think all the women looked amazing. I really loved Claire's outfit- she was the best dressed, IMO.

I am confused by the dress code of all of the female members of the Luxembourg royal family at the Vatican. GD Marie-Therese wore the de rigueur white with no veil/mantilla at all.

HRD Stephanie wore black and white, a skirt that's length was borderline inappropriate for the occasion and, along with the rest of the ladies of the family, sported a veil that was attached high at the back of her head like a ponytail, with nothing actually covering their heads.

Yes, definitely confused. Or maybe it was the intermediate step between no veils at all and optional dress colour. I fear time alone will tell.

HGD Stephanie has nailed it on every Papal audience that she's had since her wedding-I think there have been two-so this latest getup with the white blouse and short skirt is both a shock and a disappointment. What the heck happened??:eek:

I know Pope Francis's reign has signaled a relaxing of protocol and all that but I really dislike this idea of simply appearing in a businesslike white suit like Grand Duchess Maria Teresa did(and Queen Letizia before her)..as if one is simply going to lunch with the CEO of Coca Cola or something. It just feels...inappropriate to the occasion. I also think pinning their veils to the back of the heads looks awkward for M-T, Stephanie, and the rest of them.

Claire looked relatively good compared to the others, but all-in-all it was a very disappointing outing for the Nassau women.

I am confused by the dress code of all of the female members of the Luxembourg royal family at the Vatican. GD Marie-Therese wore the de rigueur white with no veil/mantilla at all.

HRD Stephanie wore black and white, a skirt that's length was borderline inappropriate for the occasion and, along with the rest of the ladies of the family, sported a veil that was attached high at the back of her head like a ponytail, with nothing actually covering their heads.

Yes, definitely confused. Or maybe it was the intermediate step between no veils at all and optional dress colour. I fear time alone will tell.

I notice Letizia has also met the Pope without a veil, but both women have worn the veil on visits as well. When in black, royal women always have veils as I have seen, when visiting the Pope.

It is my understanding that with [FONT=&quot]privilège du blanc [/FONT]veils are optional.

Optional makes sense for MT, but there is no excuse for Stephanie's get up. Wrong place and time to try and be young and fashionable a little longer skirt would have been fine.

Princesses of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 -

The others (I've commented on Stephanie's outfit in her thread so I won't repeat myself here) all looked nice, but I think the best dressed was Princess Claire. She just looked so elegant.

They did not diserve this Critics.
The Grand Duke and the Grand Duchesse succeeded to have their whole Family twice for Pope Visits.
The Royal Family of Belgian did the same Visit to the former Pope and Laurent and Claire were missing.

The fact that they were there is not a big deal they are royal and will go when they can. The criticism is fair if you consider they are royal and should know what to wear to an event of this nature.

GD Maria Teresa at Prix des Princes in Paris on April 13th.
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...-prixlit/prix-litteraire-des-princes-2016.jpg

GD Maria Teresa at the Spring Fair and Télévie on April 23rd.
http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/7054/7054-zXwDQCHSl72SvLDT3FQTcQ.jpg

http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl.lu/cm...8//1024//09ae8a294851c27f384400307cb9cfc7.jpg

The coat worn at Télévie appears to be from Weill which has another coat and jacket using the same pattern.
3/4 sleeve jacket GRAFIC - Weill
Short sleeve jacket GRAFIC - Weill

Last edited:
:previous: Both of those outfits are nice and Maria Teresa looks good in them. That floral jacket she wore in Paris is interesting, I rather like the patterns.

The dress of Elie Saab is very flattering on Grand Duchess!! Very good appearrance!!

I´m a bit disappointed with GD Maria Teresa's arrival outfit. I don´t like the colors, too dark and it just doesn't work for me.
Her state visit banquet dress is very nice, elegant and the color is so beautiful, i really like her hair too.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Maria Teresa's first outfit she wore during her second day in Finland, the colours don't seem to look quite right together IMO. I much prefer her outfit she wore to the reception, it suits her rather well.

:previous: Maria Teresa looks nice, although I think the trousers make her whole outfit seem too business-like for a communion. I don't know, I just think a formal dress or skirt with would've looked better.

The colour of Tessy's dress is pretty but I'm not so sure about the actual design.

Hmm, I like Princess Tessy's dress except it's fussy at the bottom and the color is boring, which is strange because she wore a similar neutral color at Prince Gabriel's communion and I liked that outfit just fine.

GD Maria Teresa looks excellent in black and white. I wish more of the family attended...Claire, Alexandra...

Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg at Prince Noah's communion.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2016/PPE16052871.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Tessy at the Royal Marines Beating Retreat a week ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF4LupthRaV/

The Luxembourg ladies seem to like wide pants... :ermm:
Anyway, the yellow jacket is repeated and previously worn by Tessy and Princess Alexandra with a matching yellow skirt/dress, see Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: Royal Recycling and Clothes Sharing Vol. 5

Princess Tessy also gave a sneak peak to the dress she's wearing for National Day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGXfBsVhRXT/

Pretty turquoise although I'm skeptical about combining it with orange (well, Nassau colors are blue and orange so I get the connection). I wonder if it's the daytime or gala dress.

Oh NO :eek: Tessy put down the wide, and by that I mean several sizes too big engulfing, pants and run far far away. If you want to hire a sister in law as a stylist please use Claire and not Stephanie. :ermm:

Yes, the Lux royals share clothes too often to mention, even MT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom