Royal Ladies of Greece Fashion and Style, Part 1: November 2010 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't have a flat stomach she should have worn spanx.

Why? Should every woman with curves where spanx so they can look a bit better in a dress for 2 minutes and suffer for the rest of the day?
Hate body shaming, with a passion!

Really awful the gown is too old for her and the the colour would have suited her without all the sparkles just left plain am not sure about the spanx thing but it appears ill fiitted.

For all those who haven't seen it yet in the previous thread, here's what Marie Chantal has worn today:

A great look for Marie Chantal at Princess Madeleine's wedding in Stockholm today, June 8, the simplicity makes the dress so elegant!

** Full view ** Upper part **

And here's a yet unseen dress from June 6 - Marie-Chantal attended the Ormeley Dinner at the Bridgewater House in London:

** Full view **

Love the dress at the wedding. Beautiful

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but I think it is incredibly tacky and rude to wear white to a wedding, which is what color MC's dress looks to me. It's a beautiful dress but I was raised that you never wear white to a wedding so you don't upstage the bride.

I'm sorry but I think it is incredibly tacky and rude to wear white to a wedding, which is what color MC's dress looks to me. It's a beautiful dress but I was raised that you never wear white to a wedding so you don't upstage the bride.

Not just white, but an unrelieved white floor length gown, a total nono at someone else's wedding. And another lady who lives in England and apparently cant find a decent brassiere. Is there some kind of law in England that a lady must go out with saggy top half?

She is always perfectly attired, and I really love her dress, her tiara, her hair, etc. today. Perfect in every way-except the color. What was she thinking?

Loved the shape of the dress as it suits her perfectly but agree with other posters that she should not have worn this colour.

I can only imagine what went through the bride's mind when she saw her guest in a wedding gown.

I doubt that. People wear all kinds of colors or lack thereof. You can tell the bride. That is an old fashioned idea, which really has no basis in fact. A good bra might have helped, some are right, I guess they are not available in England. Plus, she is a princess from nowhere. Madeleine is a real princess, if that matters.

She is certainly not the first woman guest to wear a shade of white at a wedding. I seem to recall Princess Grace wore white at the 1973 wedding of Princess Anne. It seems to be another of those old rules that has been thrown out the window awhile ago,

agree that the bra is lacking. So is the posture. A rare miss for MC

Yes I remember when Grace did that NGalitzine it was huge to say the least at the time andso I think that with that lesson read out to the style icon Grace I would have thought no one else could have thought to make the same mistake EVER.

But many women have and still do wear white at weddings. I just think it is one of those old rules that is pretty much gone now. No one seriously would have a problem differentiating between a wedding guest in white and the bride coming down the aisle and standing at the altar taking her wedding vows.

I don't think it is okay and though i guess we will have to agree to disagree I would never wear white to a wedding myself as a guest and I think and this is only me.. that alot of actions which are just bad manners are turned away as old fashioned[ like chewing with your mouth closed!!!!].
But I understnad your comments re the guest thing.

Marie Chantals dress to the wedding was by Valentino Couture Fall 2011.
I don't care if she wore white the wedding, there is no rule that white should not be worn.

I don' think in Europe wearing white to a wedding is a big deal. In America it is basically no one should wear white because it is the brides day to wear that color. And I know of weddings where people have been asked to leave if they are wearing white. The times that guests can wear white is when the bride is having an all white wedding and the guests are asked to wear white.

Too me the two dresses from the Swedish wedding are typical Theodora style dresses - I like the red colour but it doesn't fit the best of flatter her waist. The silver sequin dress does look better on her.

I like the silver dress on Theodora. I was not a fan of the red dress.

I think this Princess needs to either buy a treadmill or some bigger clothes. The red dress brought to mind a sausage casing with cutouts and the silver sequined one just accentuates the fullness of her figure. A dress with a boned bodice would help too.

I think this Princess needs to either buy a treadmill or some bigger clothes. The red dress brought to mind a sausage casing with cutouts and the silver sequined one just accentuates the fullness of her figure. A dress with a boned bodice would help too.

Thats a classic Scooter comment - harsh, and in this case, very true!

I love the dress but agree not at this event. If it were light blue or something it would have been perfect.

Very pretty dress at the wedding. That's a very beautiful color.

Why? Should every woman with curves where spanx so they can look a bit better in a dress for 2 minutes and suffer for the rest of the day?
Hate body shaming, with a passion!

Brava!:previous:
Beautiful skin and hair, sweet expression....Even a princess is allowed to be imperfect.

Last edited:
Nice dress, nice cut, it suits her, however it is kind of unflattering to wear white in the wedding...
I don't like her face expression...she could smile simply, not grin that way...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom