The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Nobility

More yellow and orange from Princess Maxima

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...21066&pos=3874
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...58700&pos=2980
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...39402&pos=2546
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...66182&pos=2030
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...55892&pos=1742
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...59669&pos=1687

Old 11-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Nobility

Posts on this thread need to immediately change.

Until now, this thread has been a list of photos and links to photos that are posted in several other places on this board. Since the Royal Forums is not a photo hosting site but a discussion board, it is very important that this topic include discussion and not just photo links.

From now on, discussion about this topic will be required to keep this thread open.
Photos here are often posted several other places on this board- please consider linking to those places so all members can have some context about when that particular fashion was worn (where, when, why and who!). Understandably, photos are often needed to support discussion but we trust that all members here are very familiar with the more appropriate mix of photos, dicussion and news that is balanced almost everywhere else across the forum.

If this thread does not immediately change from a list of repeated photos to an active discussion, we will have to close it because it is of little value to the forum and is simply using up bandwidth.

So let's all start talking to each other!!
Why do you like royals in yellow or orange?
Are there occasions when this wearing this colour was symbolic?
Maybe when it seemed completely out of place?
Who wears this colour the most strikingly?
Are there eras in time when this colour was more popular?
What style of clothing to you think looks best in this colour?
Are there colours that are OK for younger princesses, but not for more mature Queens?

Let the discussion begin!

Old 11-23-2006, 03:03 AM
Nobility

Yellow and orange are not the easiest colors to wear but on the right person it's they really bring out a kind of fresh beauty-Queen Sonja,Queen,Elizabeth and Queen Margarethe look great in the as does Princess Margaret,CP Maxima,CP Mary,CP Letizia and Princess Aimee.Princess Anne seems to love yellow she has worn it often over the years and looks stunning in it-it's really her color.

Not so flatterd was Diana not that she looked bad but yellow seems to have brought out the ruddiness in her complexion while orange seems to have drained it.Other color wer more flattering on her.
They are not Princess Alexandra's best colors either.-she is still a stunning woman though.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I think yellow and orange and other bright colors are worn best on older ladies like the Queens. The younger generation dont pull it off too well.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Nobility

Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

queen rania
Old 01-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some pics of Queen Silvia wearing yellow, in general I think that yellow does make a huge contrast with dark hair just like Silvia's, even more than a white dress.

Silvia in 1988 wearing yellow at a State Visit to the USA, the dress is typical for the 80s
Silvia in 2003 bringing the sun into Germany with that wonderful yellow combination
Silvia and her husband in 2000 at the Olympic Games in Sydney, wearing yellow as one of the colours of their country
Old 01-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Aristocracy

I think MC has worn yellow in the early days of her marriage....at a gala or b'day celebration...not sure...
Old 01-10-2007, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaa
I think MC has worn yellow in the early days of her marriage....at a gala or b'day celebration...not sure...
Indeed she did, at the moment I do not have any better pic than this one, but she wore a yellow dress back in 1997 in Denmark, I think Queen Margrethe's and Prince Henry's 30th wedding anniversary was celebrated?!
The combination of blonde hair with a yellow dress is quite nice!

Marie Chantal wearing yellow in 1997
Old 01-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Indeed she did, at the moment I do not have any better pic than this one, The combination of blonde hair with a yellow dress is quite nice!
I agree. I usually think that blondes and yellow don't work very well, but this one is pretty.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

Softer shades of yellow, like the dress Rania wore in #25 is a lot easier to carry off than the more "true" yellow Queen Sonia worse to White House. Unfortunately for that time period, that satin material only heightens the harshness of the colour.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...neinyellow.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...004caroyel.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...auneencaro.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...aroenjaune.jpg

Caroline should wear more yellow, especially the soft, delicate, golden hue. He softens her features, and looks very feminine and springy.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Iloveroyals, I had not thought of these very light shades of yellow, when thinking of Caroline in orange/yellow, but you are right. Plus I also agree she should wear more of these. Maybe after seeing pics of herself like this one in the mid 1980s --> Pic <-- she decided not to wear dark shades of yellow or orange again
Old 05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Yellow is such a difficult color to wear, but Caroline definitely pulls it off with ease. Mary would lovely in yellow, a strong canary or soft, including Letizia.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Yellow is such a difficult color to wear, but Caroline definitely pulls it off with ease.
I totally agree, she pulls it off very well, thats a great yellow outift

Quote:
Mary would lovely in yellow, a strong canary or soft, including Letizia.
Mary would look good in yellow as the one Caroline is in also in a nice soft orange. Letizia would look good in any shade of yellow imo & Charllotte also would look good in strong yellow, not too sure about orange
Old 05-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Did you see the latest collection for Jill Sander Spring 2007? Amazing colors, including yellow . The clean lines are to die for and the fabrics, fantasitc. If I could give anyone a style make-over, Madeleine is on the top of my list. I would love to see her in these designs, and bar her from ever going to the tanning salon for the rest of her life.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Did you see the latest collection for Jill Sander Spring 2007? Amazing colors, including yellow . The clean lines are to die for and the fabrics, fantasitc. If I could give anyone a style make-over, Madeleine is on the top of my list. I would love to see her in these designs, and bar her from ever going to the tanning salon for the rest of her life.
Yes true, the tanning bed, imo, it should be banned for life This is a nice yellow dress from Valentino spring-summer 07 but in longer (floor length). Mandeleine could be seen in those designs but i get a feeling that she is a conservative dresser in a way. Though she certianly has the body to pull things off
Old 05-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Yes true, the tanning bed, imo, it should be banned for life This is a nice yellow dress from Valentino spring-summer 07 but in longer (floor length). Mandeleine could be seen in those designs but i get a feeling that she is a conservative dresser in a way. Though she certianly has the body to pull things off

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg and Charlotte would look delightful in that gown. You're right, it would look a tad nicer if it were longer. The dress is fantastic, fun, and flirty.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Mmm I don't think yellow is a suitable colour for European princesses. Mary, Mette-Marit, Mathilde...they're very pale most of the time!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Iloveroyals, I had not thought of these very light shades of yellow, when thinking of Caroline in orange/yellow, but you are right. Plus I also agree she should wear more of these. Maybe after seeing pics of herself like this one in the mid 1980s --> Pic <-- she decided not to wear dark shades of yellow or orange again
I've read in style books that one should avoid orange at all costs because it's a very difficult color to pull off and give a cheap look. Obviously, Princess Caroline could never look cheap even if she tried, but it definitely is a problem color in clothing. Better go with different shades of yellow depending on the season or one's complexion.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

That "cheap look" you mentioned is true, iloveroyals. Just try it out yourself or take a closer look at people in the streets
who wear it. It's a really difficult colour, so it's hard to find a dress or outfit that looks good in orange..

It's easier with yellow, I noticed that Princess Elena wears yellow quite often,
here are two nice examples:

Elena this month in yellow..
..and in 1997 attending an event in London

Tags
fashion, royals