Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the skirt is really the same! I wonder where they bought it, it must be from a known designer for sure!!! But I really like to see Sophie with this skirt but not Princess Mary, it is not her style..

iam sp imprssed that you can spot these things.
best is it when you find things that are the same.....

Yes. It is from the photoshoot for Queen Fabiola's 80th birthday. Princess Mathilde is holding her newest child.

Princess Letizia & Princess Mary in similar dress style. Letizia in a shorter version of Marys long gown. Layers are very similar as well as to the sleeves & waist part ( looks like a belt from the same material of the dress )

Letizia ** Mary
(ppe)

Well I liked the dress on Mary, but Letizia's short version and more vibrant colour is a much better look.:flowers:

Well I liked the dress on Mary, but Letizia's short version and more vibrant colour is a much better look.:flowers:

I liked Mary's better, the short version in the dark color looked more like a knock off to me. I did love her black cocktail dress that she wore with the lavender shoes.

Tessy worn this blue outfit early that day
http://superkoninklijk1.web-log.nl/superkoninklijk/images/2008/06/24/blauw.jpg

Maria Teresa wore the same dress for the wedding of Letizia and Felipe im 2006
http://superkoninklijk1.web-log.nl/superkoninklijk/images/2008/06/24/blauw_2.jpg

I think both outfits have been altered for Tessy (diffcult thing to do, keeping in mind that Tessy is a lot taller and more slim than MT)

Tessy worn this blue outfit early that day
http://superkoninklijk1.web-log.nl/superkoninklijk/images/2008/06/24/blauw.jpg

Maria Teresa wore the same dress for the wedding of Letizia and Felipe im 2006
http://superkoninklijk1.web-log.nl/superkoninklijk/images/2008/06/24/blauw_2.jpg

I think both outfits have been altered for Tessy (diffcult thing to do, keeping in mind that Tessy is a lot taller and more slim than MT)
j

You are right, this would require some extensive alterations due to the differences in their height and shapes. Still, I find it to be a generous gesture from the Grand Duchess. How often does Tessy really need an outfit for these types of events?

Tessy of Nassau's black & white evening gown worn for the National Day's gala is also an old one worn by the Grand Duchess about ten years ago (By Lacroix if I remember correctly).
It was altered by taking it in and lengthened by adding extra fabric (a little too obviously) at the hemline.
While it might be called 'generous' of the GD to let her daughter-in-law wear her clothes, it's also a bit weird. Wearing her old dresses as a 'homage' would be nice of Tessy, but practically dressing the poor girl overall in hand-me downs which she could not very well refuse to wear strikes me as a rather embarrassing situation.

So the next daughter in law who reacycles mummy's old clothes... :lol:
Now we saw Mabel in Beatrix' old engagement dress; Märtha Louise in one of mummy's old dresses and Tessy in MT's old clothes... rather weird.

Tessy of Nassau's black & white evening gown worn for the National Day's gala is also an old one worn by the Grand Duchess about ten years ago (By Lacroix if I remember correctly).
It was altered by taking it in and lengthened by adding extra fabric (a little too obviously) at the hemline.
While it might be called 'generous' of the GD to let her daughter-in-law wear her clothes, it's also a bit weird. Wearing her old dresses as a 'homage' would be nice of Tessy, but practically dressing the poor girl overall in hand-me downs which she could not very well refuse to wear strikes me as a rather embarrassing situation.

Do you have a picture of Tessy wearing a black and white gown? The only photos I have seen has her wearing a pink gown - Princess Alexandra is wearing a bland and white. Please post the picture you must be seeing -

Do you have a picture of Tessy wearing a black and white gown? The only photos I have seen has her wearing a pink gown - Princess Alexandra is wearing a bland and white. Please post the picture you must be seeing -

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2008/PPE08062381.jpg
The young lady in pale pink is Princess Alexandra, Tessy is wearing a black-white gown, as mentioned before a altered dress gown worn before by her mother-in-law.

If this seems to be the recent trend (that daughter-in-laws recycle their mother-in-law's outfits); I really would like to see Mette-Marit in Sonja's famous yellow dress! That would be a sight for Gods. :)

I don't know, the women are so different in terms of size and shape perhaps it's an entirely new creation than extensive alteration. Espeacially for the teal jacket outfit.

at least this outfit is not 40 years old... like this one.

I think the turquoise outfit looks pretty on Tessy. Especially the hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom