Royal ladies and their similar or same style - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 2
Part 1 can be found Here

Here are some important

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Marmi, The Truth, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

What do you mean "same cut"?For example,there are hundreds of tops with the same neckline(you choose),but not all of them are the same.Apart from that,the 2 dresses look totally different to me.Just my opinion,of course.

Princess Letizia (PoA Awards 2008) & Princess Marie (christening of her son)
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Prince+Of+Asturias+Awards+2008+2WoE5dvovPel.jpg
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/892...E6B5204AF254CF1349FF102334FC1E30A760B0D811297

I'm not a fan of Letizia's dress but it looks ok compared to Marie's dress, a desaster, not fitted and with a white shirt underneath :wacko:

Colorwise yes they look the same but Letizias dress looks more like Marys dress worn in official picture here

Both royal ladies in white pants that look like jeans and a plain summery black top

P.Marie of Denmark August 2, 2009 - Picture
P.Letizia of Spain August 3, 2009 - Picture

Ooops, They look like two sisters...:)
Though Princess Letizia's outfit attrects to me more.:rolleyes:

Both royal ladies in white pants that look like jeans and a plain summery black top

P.Marie of Denmark August 2, 2009 - Picture
P.Letizia of Spain August 3, 2009 - Picture

They do look very similar, both wonderful outfits. :flowers:

Similar dresses: Infanta Leonor last summer and Irene Urdangarin yesterday
Infanta Leonor last August in Mallorca:
SeegerPress
Irene Urdangarin yesterday at the christening of the son of Prince Pavlos and princess Marie Chantal:
Belga-EFE

Similar dresses: Infanta Leonor last summer and Irene Urdangarin yesterday
Infanta Leonor last August in Mallorca:
SeegerPress
Irene Urdangarin yesterday at the christening of the son of Prince Pavlos and princess Marie Chantal:
Belga-EFE

They are the same dresses, that is really cute. The dress is nice and I like the stripes

Mette-Marit and Duchess og York in norwegian design, a coat by Maggie Wonka. Mette-Marit wore the linnen coat in 2006, Sarah saw it on a photographer during a visit to Oslo this spring , asked who made the coat and then got a meeting with the designer Cecilie Juvodden who had a coat from the old collection she could have
sara
http://img262.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=26910_sarahog_cecilie_122_501lo.jpg
Mette-Marit
http://img226.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=26911_spbc3178_122_514lo.jpg
scanpix and Maggie Wonka

Mette-Marit and Duchess og York in norwegian design, a coat by Maggie Wonka. Mette-Marit wore the linnen coat in 2006, Sarah saw it on a photographer during a visit to Oslo this spring , asked who made the coat and then got a meeting with the designer Cecilie Juvodden who had a coat from the old collection she could have
sara
http://img262.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=26910_sarahog_cecilie_122_501lo.jpg
Mette-Marit
http://img226.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=26911_spbc3178_122_514lo.jpg
scanpix and Maggie Wonka

How wonderful, this is one instance where I think Sarah pulls that coat of abit better. :flowers:

Oops, the outfit are alike, though Mary's outfit fits for a day-time, Princess Victoria is more suitable for a night-time.
I may say that Princess Mary looks like a young girl in this dress.

It's the same Matthew Williamson dress, but in a different color scheme; if you look closely, you'll see that the patterns of embroidery are the same.
It's a rather attention-grabbing dress which I like better on Mary because she was smart in choosing a simple styling and accessorizing to go with it.
On Victoria, who is wearing the bolder color scheme to begin with, the big unflattering hairdo and flashy earrings are just too much.
A bit weird that Victoria now chose to wear a summer '07 collection dress which she has seen on Mary at CP Frederik's birthday more than a year ago.
When you compare it to a picture of how the dress is supposed to sit on the body, it becomes obvious that Victoria bought it a few sizes too large. The sleeves are meant to be three-quarter length, the skirt is meant to be shorter, and it's supposed to fit tighter (as it actually does on Mary).

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7264/3568500340f12253lo.jpg

Both ladies wore the dress well IMO, the colors make the dress look abit different and the embroidery different as well.

I like the dramatic style of Princess Victoria's style better. I am not that of a fan of the color of Princess Mary's dress. It is simply not very flattering to her tan. I think that Victoria has matured quite a lot in her fashion style lately. She looks very confident in a dress like this and I am tempted to say that she also looks quite attractive and sexy in it. Compared to her style Mary looks a little bit boring in her way of wearing this beautiful dress.

P.Mary and P.Letizia in blue tops with detailing and black/navy pants
The tops are different, but same color and both have detailing on the collar/neck part

:previous:
Your quite right dazzling, that colour of top, really suits Letizia and Mary. :)

The dress Märtha Louise wore for the 70th Birthday Celebrations for Queen Sonja originally belongs to her mother. ;)

The dress on ML

The dress on her mother Sonja

bew photos

It must be a good to know that you actually still can wear the same size then your daughter. :D

EDIT BY MOD: I have copied this post from Mary's Daytime fashion thread. The shoes referred to are these

I think CP Mathilde owns the same one in orange.
The orange version is even worse in my opinion.
I agee that the overall look isn't the best one for CP Mary who is always so perfectly groomed

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think those things called shoes would look nice worn with anything! They should have been left in their box... As for the dress in orange, that's almost incomprehensible. I hope that you are incorrect, Soraya. :)

I was just sayaing that CP Mathilde owns the same shoes in orange.
I think they are the same.Look at the link.
Imageshack - mlkm

Oh dear. I thought you were referring to the dress! lol
The shoes do not look any better in orange, in fact they almost look worse, if that's possible!! They are definitely the same shoes, soraya.....

I agree with both of you. P Mathilde owns the same in orange and yes they should have been kept in their original boxes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom