The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Royal Highness

I think the dresses are vaguely similar but there are plenty of differences as well. It works on both women, although I agree the asymmetrical neckline of Marie's makes the Chain look like its hanging weird.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I think the dresses are vaguely similar but there are plenty of differences as well. It works on both women, although I agree the asymmetrical neckline of Marie's makes the Chain look like its hanging weird.
I did not like Mary's orange dress. Marie's version was a much more flattering color on her.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Mathilde and Maxima with the same top!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

Well well well, could it be that we were presented another Natan-Design?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Well well well, could it be that we were presented another Natan-Design?
If I'm not mistaken both Maxima and Mathilde often wear clothes Natan. Agree with you Sternchen. Perhaps it is the designer of this top
Old 01-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Mathilde and Maxima with the same top!
The top looks much better with the white skirt rather than Maxima's outfit which was quite dark.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I totally agree with you, Dazzling. In fact, I had to look twice to see if they were indeed, the same top!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
I did not like Mary's orange dress. Marie's version was a much more flattering color on her.
I agree. I furthermore didn't like the fact that Mary mixed orange with rubies which didn't work well for me.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I agree. I furthermore didn't like the fact that Mary mixed orange with rubies which didn't work well for me.
I simply loved the orange colour. And I loved the skirt and I especially loved the orange with the rubies

Isn't it funny
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Gentry

I hate when Maxima and Mathilde, or Maxima and Alexandra, wear identical clothes and I wish that Maxima and Mathilde would each buy and pay for clothes which are designed just for each one and would slowly build up the type of royal wardrobe that I expect.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
I hate when Maxima and Mathilde, or Maxima and Alexandra, wear identical clothes and I wish that Maxima and Mathilde would each buy and pay for clothes which are designed just for each one and would slowly build up the type of royal wardrobe that I expect.
That would be a bit too expensive, it would be more like couture outfits.
I think the best way around it is to stop using the same deisgner
Old 01-14-2011, 02:28 AM
Serene Highness

But this is exactly what Queen Beatrix is doing And IIRC also Queen Margrethe
Old 01-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

I don't mind them wearing the same top. We see it because we are constantly focussed on the royals but other people don't even notice they wear the same clothes. It it were 2 princesses from the same county it would be something diffrent or it they attend an event an wear then the same.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

CP Letizia & CP Victoria wearing a necklace with ribbon attached
http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.ne...22958301_0.jpg
http://aom99.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/bild160.jpg
Old 01-16-2011, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I'd say I do like Letizia's necklace, its more fun. The pearls on a ribbon tie don't work for me.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Serene Highness

Hm, Letizias necklace looks like coals
Old 01-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good description, Sternchen! I do kind of like her "coals" however. Victoria's necklace just looks silly, imo.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

The Swedish royal family has such an amazing and beautiful collection of jewellery; it would be nice to see Victoria use more of that instead
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Gentry

Les Princess should always wear Haute Couture. It's a rule, can't be that difficult to remember the only important rule! Mon dieu,if every Princess listened to poor Sebastian, we wudn't need that absolute horrid thread.. Same necklaces, same skirts, same Natan outfits, just horrible.. get me outta here..
Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Please hermes, do Not leave us! We would miss your comments.. and the poor Princesses. What would they do without you?! sigh...