The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Stephanie of Luxembourg made great kick off on the hair style front during her wedding weekend at the reception, the civil wedding, the gala and the religious wedding

Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-qGpwDUwOUng/UI...5B3%25255D.jpg
here it looks that she had added a piece to her bun, the one around outside it does not look her hair, she has short heair to have such a big bun, so it has to be a piece! i like it!

moderators i took the photo from this forum, i am not sure i can posted but if you consider is wrong please remove it!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mette-Marit at the gala dinner for Guillaume and Stéphanie.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The hairstyle is nothing special looks like "I-had-no-idea-and-no-time-to-contact-a-professional-hairdresser".
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
here it looks that she had added a piece to her bun, the one around outside it does not look her hair, she has short heair to have such a big bun, so it has to be a piece! i like it!

moderators i took the photo from this forum, i am not sure i can posted but if you consider is wrong please remove it!
I'm fairly certain that she is using one of these bun-thingys (I believe they are called "hair donuts"?) It looks like her hair has either been wrapped around one of those things or tied in a knot.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post

I agree with you ,, or she had added a hair piece OR extension to her hair ,, But very Nice bun or hairdo .
Old 10-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

HGD Stephanie has beautiful, thick hair. I wonder how she will wear it for her daytime engagements now that she has a new role in the GD family.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Mette-Marit at the gala dinner for Guillaume and Stéphanie.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The hairstyle is nothing special looks like "I-had-no-idea-and-no-time-to-contact-a-professional-hairdresser".
I think her hair has been bleached too much, just my opinion.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe not the right thread for this, if not could one of the mods please move it?

Kate gets raked over hot coals on this forum for having the temerity to not follow the advice of posters that she should wear it up more often. As an indication of just how out of touch those people are, Kate came top of a poll of British women who were asked whose hair they most envy. I hope Kate continues to style her hair as she has been doing; the British people clearly love it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Duchess of Cambridge: Kate Middleton has most envied hair among women, followed Jerry Hall, Cheryl Cole | Mail Online
Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Maybe not the right thread for this, if not could one of the mods please move it?

Kate gets raked over hot coals on this forum for having the temerity to not follow the advice of posters that she should wear it up more often. As an indication of just how out of touch those people are, Kate came top of a poll of British women who were asked whose hair they most envy. I hope Kate continues to style her hair as she has been doing; the British people clearly love it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Duchess of Cambridge: Kate Middleton has most envied hair among women, followed Jerry Hall, Cheryl Cole | Mail Online
Catherine's hair is her crowning glory. I love her hair long and down!!

I am Catherine's biggest fan and I love articles praising her fashion.

50 reasons Kate Middleton is a style icon | Celebrity Pictures | Marie Claire
Old 10-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I like Kate's hair as well. A change every now and then is nice, particularly with evening wear. However, she could wear it her normal way all the time and it wouldn't bother me.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
Catherine's hair is her crowning glory. I love her hair long and down!!
I love her hair as well. It's very pretty and well-managed. I'd love to know what products she uses to get the frizziness out (we have the same type of hair; not just curly, but disgustingly frizzy if not managed in a proper manner).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I like Kate's hair as well. A change every now and then is nice, particularly with evening wear. However, she could wear it her normal way all the time and it wouldn't bother me.
I agree with you. I think her hair is quite lovely. It would be nice to see a different style once in a while, but I don't mind if she wears her hair in her regular fashion, I'd be more than OK with it.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her hair is fantastic, whenever she steps out you can b sure there will be someone on This board complaining about her hair. Their favorite term is "up do" : rolls eyes:
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wasn't aware that this was an "adoration" forum for Kate. Of course there is and always will be criticism. Her hair is just hair...sometimes it looks good and sometimes it does not look good. Sometimes it suits an outfit, sometimes it doesn't. It's just hair, whether up or down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Are you referring to the black and white thing with cape and stud-like objects on it? For the love of God, if that's it, I hope Catherine stays as far away from it as possible. What a monstrosity. I do like the dark grey skirt at the bottom. I think it would be a great piece for Catherine to wear on casual outings, and less formal appearances.
I like the cape ensemble. Kate could wear the heck out of that outfit.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Her hair is fantastic, whenever she steps out you can b sure there will be someone on This board complaining about her hair. Their favorite term is "up do" : rolls eyes:
And on few occasion some will say she needs to take note from Mary on how she should do her up do
Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
And on few occasion some will say she needs to take note from Mary on how she should do her up do
I wonder why you think she should take notes just from Mary? Maxima, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Madeleine, Letizia etc have all had some wonderful ways of wearing their hair up.

I like Mary's style as well but I don't think she is the only royal lady who has it and I don't think Catherine needs to become Mary part 2.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenei

I wonder why you think she should take notes just from Mary? Maxima, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Madeleine, Letizia etc have all had some wonderful ways of wearing their hair up.

I like Mary's style as well but I don't think she is the only royal lady who has it and I don't think Catherine needs to become Mary part 2.
Agreed. Catherine is Catherine; she's not Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit, etc. there's no need for her to copy any of those women, or take tips from them. I love her style as is, and I hope she sticks with it.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Catherine taking lessons from Mary lol. That made me laugh. Catherine is a British Princess, the last thing she is thinking about is Mary's hair.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenei View Post

I don't think miche was saying she should. He / she (?) was probably referring to quite a few posts that mentioned the Catherine should take tips from Mary (whether the clothes or hair or something else). I was always surprised by those posts. Can't understand why people think Mary is better than Kate, and that what is seems when I read she should take notes from Mary. But the truth is, I have never seen anyone saying "Catherine should take pointers from Maxima, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Madeleine, Letizia etc...". It's always been Mary mentioned. Thus I think the reason miche mentioned Mary.
Kate is herself, she does not need notes or pointers from Mary or any other Princess, she is doing great job herself.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't like comparisons. Each Princess is beautiful in her own way, each has her own features and we should stick to that. Saying that someone should take note on wardrobe or clothes from someone else is to me like saying that other person is better. And that's not nice.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I wasn't aware that this was an "adoration" forum for Kate. Of course there is and always will be criticism. Her hair is just hair...sometimes it looks good and sometimes it does not look good. Sometimes it suits an outfit, sometimes it doesn't. It's just hair, whether up or down.
Not and "adoration" forum. Wonder where that comes from. Merely forum for people to state their opinion. And since this is Duchess of Cambridge thread, of course people will talk about Kate. And if the posters like her hair, so they are saying it. You think different, and you just stated same. So let others do the same.
For you her hair is just hair, for someone else, it's a great feature; someone else will not even mention it as they won't care. And I am sure there will be people who won't like her hair as well.

Everyone can state what they think, as long as it's in respectful manner.

Just wanted to add, it WAS is Duchess of Cambridge thread but it has been moved, so my entire post was correct until moved. Still stand behind the rest of what I wrote though
Old 11-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenei View Post

I'm not saying I think she should take note from others. I was just saying "some" as in others on this forum have said numerous time that she should take notes from others.

I was agreeing with XeniaCasaraghi and you are basically saying what I have thought and said on many occasion (whether from this forum or OoS) when others have basically said Catherine should be a clone of Mary