Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful gown. The attached cape adds a dramatic flair befitting of a Queen.

October 14, 2010 State Visit from Switherland
outfit

The first outfit with the fur coat looks a bit 'heavy'. The hat is quite nice, I like that light beige (?) dress, but not together with the boots.

Galadress worn during the State Visit:
Picture
(Scanpix)
That's another very old dress. She should retire her very old dresses and get a few new ones.

For the Gala for Storting the Queen recycled a soft yellow gown (not the yellow nightmare :lol:).

Yellow Gown

I actually really like this dress. She still has an amazing figure for a 70+years old woman.
(She still fits into a dress she last wore 11 years ago.)

Last edited:
I like this gown too. Tailored fit and small train look great on HM. The color is going well with diamond jewelery.

For the Gala for Storting the Queen recycled a soft yellow gown (not the yellow nightmare :lol:).

Wow, I love it - she looks great! And Her Majesty, you know how nervous I get when I hear the word yellow... ;)

I know what you mean.:lol:
I think pale yellow suits Sonja very well.

The yellow gown is lovely! A softer yellow definately looks better on Q. Sonja.
Kudos to her for still being able to wear it a decade later.

Beautiful red outfit coupled with some shiny black shoes.

Sonja looks exquisite! This deep red hue brings about so many positive vibes..;) The jewellery is superb and the pumps are a very good addition too!

I love red and this is a very chic suit! Love the overall look, well done!

Love the color and the outfit, but the hat... dislike the shape, and it it looks as if the flowers are held on by a giant paper clip!

I like the color and the style of her outfit (although I agree that the hat is not a good choice). However, the suit almost looks a little too big to me - sort of like it's swallowing her up. She looks tinier than usual in the outfit.

Her dress for the banquet, IMO, is AWFUL. It just clashes so horribly...sort of makes me wish for the yellow nightmare! :lol:

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:24151690:preview:watermark?v=12cd032175a

Last edited:
...sort of makes me wish for the yellow nightmare! :lol:
Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it! :lol:
(She didn't wear the yellow nightmare for a single time this year! Yeah!)

... but you right. Tonight's choice is awful! ;)

One of my favourite gala dresses worn by the Queen is this yellow galagown.
I guess it doesn't fit anymore (it's 10 years ago since she last wore it ;))... anyway; this was a great style on her!

Cyan suit - great cut, great colour (crazy hat :D )
Maybe the Queen was checking out this thread. She recycled both outfits this year. ;)

http://www.royaltyinthenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/King-Harald-V-Queen-Sonja.jpg (and it still fits!)
http://www.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/large_610x456_scaled/photos/344734.jpg

Last edited:
(She didn't wear the yellow nightmare for a single time this year! Yeah!)

Yay for Sonja! :clap: I hope it has been irreparably stained/ripped/etc., never to appear in public again.

Maybe the Queen was checking out this thread. She recycled both outfits this year. ;)

Perhaps she does read TRF, and was so offended that you thought the dress might not still fit that she had to prove you wrong, and she quit wearing the yellow nightmare because she discovered that even big Sonja fans like us THINK IT'S AWFUL. :D

Your Majesty, if you're reading this, please note that green and purple don't match. Okay? Mange takk, ma'am. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
:unsure: ekhmmm...
not the best choice, this shade of green does,'t match purple

:unsure: ekhmmm...
not the best choice, this shade of green does,'t match purple
These too colors definitely don't go together which makes this dress look messy and bad. A total mismatch!

In this picture the dress looks very odd, the buggy bottom seems to blow up in a minute.... :ohmy:

Very mismatched, very old-fashioned, very... ugly??! ;) Oh Sonja! :ROFLMAO:

Eggplant and Asparagus equal eyesore YM! Oh dear! Kind of like the purple though, maybe a dress all of that would work.

I just looked at theyellownightmare and the salmon marshmallow. QS needs HELP!!!! I just looked at the two other yellow dresses- the one from Spain, and the one at the government banquet. The Spainish one= wedding cake. Government= nightgown! But those are better than the yellow nightmare!

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is she actually has a background in fashion!

I totally agree about the wedding cake dress, which she also wore at Margrethe's birthday. Decorative cake was the first thing I thought of when I saw her in it! I must admit I personally rather like the salmon thing (just not paired with the emeralds as at the Swedish wedding), but I'm probably the only one. The dress from the government dinner, however, I LOVE - it looked especially nice on her because she's so thin.

Last edited:
I must admit I personally rather like the salmon thing (just not paired with the emeralds as at the Swedish wedding), but I'm probably the only one.
I like it, too. :flowers: I think the salmon dress is one of her better dresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom