Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful Ruby Pants suit on Queen Sonja....I just love her daytime fashion. She seems modern and well dressed during the day. I didnt like the hats for 2008 or 2004 nobel peace prize, but liked the outfits.

I agree with you in every point, Patra. :flowers: Queen Sonja has a lovely daytime fashion, she looks fresh, elegant and just chic.

Queen Sonja looked nice in the "royal" red suit, for the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony. I especially liked the sheen of the outfit, which dressed it up a bit Her shoes, however, seemed matronly to me, however I do understand she has issues with her feet, thus the low heeled choice, I presume. Would love to see a close up of the jewelry!

I LOVE this modern white gown with the jewel belt Q Sonja wore, white is a great color for her, and I loved the shillouette. Her jewelry is AMAZING!!! I thought she looked wonderful at the banquet!

The white dress is very simple, but I love it. White is a great color for Queen Sonia. Love the belt and the jewels are perfect. Her hair looks lovely too.

I wondered if Sonja was going to show up. From what I can see in the pic, she looks lovely - more lace!

Wow, I like the top part of the gown and was rather hoping it stayed like that all the way down.
The bottom is quite different.

She first wore this dress during a SV from Spain.
It's hard to see in the bird's eye perspective of the photo, but this busy ruffle dress makes the Queen look even smaller then she is and also wider then she actually is.

The colours are lovely and the idea of the dress isn't bad at all, but I don't think it's the best choice of Sonja (but not the worst either... I am glad she didn't use a certain other yellow dress ;)) .
I wish she would alter the neckline a bit ..

I like this 'spanish' bottom of the dress, I think that Queen looks very good. I'm not sure about the lace top.
Jewelery is great.

Wow, I like the top part of the gown and was rather hoping it stayed like that all the way down.
The bottom is quite different.

:eek: I was hoping exactly the same... Sure, the bottom is quite different and quite disappointing IMO. :cool:

I agree, Her Majesty, this dress does make her look short...and Sonja doesn't really need any help looking short. It was a better fit at the Spanish visit because it's sort of Spanish-looking. I'm okay with it - just okay with it - for this event.

I really like the ruffled skirt the lace top not so much. It looks a little odd and out of place esp with such an over powering skirt

This gown would be very appropriate for a Spanish visit due to the Spanish style of it. Not here though. I agree it's too overpowering. The multi colours and layers is a bit much. I like the top part though.

This gown would be very appropriate for a Spanish visit due to the Spanish style of it. Not here though. I agree it's too overpowering. The multi colours and layers is a bit much. I like the top part though.

I'm sorry, I'm spanish, and I don't see the spanish inspiration from here; maybe the ruffles, but this doesn't look like a flamenco dress at all. And if the inspiration was that, the result is really bad.

The first two outfits/suits are both quite decent and nice. The gala gown looks awful IMO. Lack of inspiration?!

:previous: most likely... :D I wonder who on earth designed it...:cool:
Green actually looks good on Sonja. The green gown she wore for Haakon's wedding is one of my favourites worn by her.

I really hope the Queen bought some nice dresses for the events at Victoria's wedding.

Last edited:
I think the problem with the coat is the type of fabric, it looks cheap imo. Apart from that I like the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom