Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The silver suit is interesting. It has the potential to go so wrong, but in actual fact it doesn't, and it does have good potential for recycling.

This dress is unusual choice of Queen Sonja. She look like a sun. I would say "A sunny Queen".

"A sunny Queen".
I'd call it the "yellow nightmare" instead. :lol:

I really don't want to see that dress anymore. Never again! Everytime she wears that dress I think to myself: "This has to be the last time we see that dress. She's going to retire it now."
And then, like 2 gala events later, the yellow thing appears again. :glare:

Why doesn't Sonja recycle this stunning red dress (jamd) she wore for Fred's & Mary's wedding? This is a beautiful gown and she only wore it once. On the other hand she wears that ugly yellow thing again and again. Maybe the bright yellow colour had quite a "wow"-effect the first 2 times she wore it... but now it's just ... old and ugly.
My least favourite dress ever... combined with the most ugly Tiara in the Norwegian collection. She made Norwegian Royal watchers cry :)lol:).

I actually LOVED this dress the first time I saw it (which coincidentally was the time she wore it with flowers in her hair, not some tiara from out of space).
The 2nd time I liked it, 3rd fine.
But now its time it was retired!!!

I like the yellow dress too, but it has been worn too much. The tiara reminds me of something from Star Wars. I would prefer to see her in another tiara that is more traditional.

WHY does she like that dress so much? I really don't understand this. :nonono: I think it's sort of cool with the yellow flower in her hair, worn ONCE or TWICE to a summer event but this is completely out of control. :eek: And it does look far better when it's worn with the flower instead of a tiara.

Instead of recycling the yellow dress to dead Sonja could wear one of the galadresses she only wore once so far:

Galadress worn for Harald's 70th Birthday - it's such a gorgeous gown...it has never been recycled so far

Yellow Galadress worn for Spanish SV - I don't really like it... but it's still better then the yellow dress.. and has also never ever been recycled so far

Gorgeous red Couture dress - why on earth doesn't she recycle it? WHY? It's a gorgeous dress!

She also never recycled the dress she wore for her own birthday (although it's not a good Tiara-gala-dress... it would still look lovely for non-Tiara gala events ;)).
One of my favourite gala dresses worn by the Queen is this yellow galagown.
I guess it doesn't fit anymore (it's 10 years ago since she last wore it ;))... anyway; this was a great style on her!

Furthermore it would be great to see HM recycling one of the following suits:
Raspberry-colored suit - I love the colour!
Cyan suit - great cut, great colour (crazy hat :D )

Pics: Scanpix, ANP, Polfoto, Getty, jamd

Last edited:
:)
Instead of recycling the yellow dress to dead Sonja could wear one of the galadresses she only wore once so far:

Galadress worn for Harald's 70th Birthday - it's such a gorgeous gown...it has never been recycled so far

Yellow Galadress worn for Spanish SV - I don't really like it... but it's still better then the yellow dress.. and has also never ever been recycled so far

Gorgeous red Couture dress - why on earth doesn't she recycle it? WHY? It's a gorgeous dress!

She also never recycled the dress she wore for her own birthday (although it's not a good Tiara-gala-dress... it would still look lovely for non-Tiara gala events ;)).
One of my favourite gala dresses worn by the Queen is this yellow galagown.
I guess it doesn't fit anymore (it's 10 years ago since she last wore it ;))... anyway; this was a great style on her!

Furthermore it would be great to see HM recycling one of the following suits:
Raspberry-colored suit - I love the colour!
Cyan suit - great cut, great colour (crazy hat :D )

Pics: Scanpix, ANP, Polfoto, Getty, jamd

Each Queen Sonja's outfits are great, it doesn't matter if it's a day time or an evening dress.:flowers: The main thing is that she isn't afraid to change.:)

Last edited:

I love fashion from the 1960s. I've always felt like that era produced some great styles. I loved the brown dress, the gala dress, and all of her pillbox hats. She was quite stylish back in the day.

She had a great a style back in 60's. I like all of the shown outfits. The last one, the light pink suit with belt was very Jackie O of her. Very elegant. Love it.

It does a bit doesn't it?! The colour (of the coat) is ok, but I think it would be nicer if there was a lighter colour, white or cream maybe, to contrast with it.

I like the solid white and black with each other. Has Sonja changed her hairstyle? It seems different to me.

Visit to Rome: The Queen recycing her favourite pant suit
White suit

The suit itself is nice... but she has worn it way too often....
Generally I think the Queen looks better in skirt suit.
I'd prefer to see her recycling this white skirt suit instead of the white pant suit one.

Last edited:
White suit

I'd prefer to see her recycling this white skirt suit instead of the white pant suit one.

The second link does not work for me.
The pant suit is very nice on Sonja. :flowers:

The costume is great, though here is the combination of two colours, they are fit her ideally.

White suit

Thanks for the pictures. :flowers: I love the jacket and think the whole outfit suits her well, very classy. But as you mentioned I would prefer a skirt suit as well!

I really liked the white suit as well, it looks like Chanel to me, and one out there know the designer? Q Sonja has such a great fashion sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom