Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful Green Gown :flowers:

(I think she changed the sleeves and added a longer train when she attended the wedding of MM and Haakon:huh: )

aftenposten, Rexfeatures, Corbis

The same outfit (just different shoes) worn during a Visit from Italy and another official engagement

GettyImages,NRK

Sonja wearing the same costume on Maud Angelica’s christening and the wedding of Felipe and Letizia

scanpix, getty images

The same grey costume worn on Queen Mum’s 100th birthday and the wedding of Friso and Mable :flowers:

Corbis

A red Gala Dress worn for Carl Gustav’s 50th birthday, Margrethe’s 60th birthday and the State Visit to Switzerland last year

Corbis, aftenposten

Another pink ""Barbie-Dress"" :rolleyes: .

Corbis

I really like Queen Sonja.. but sometimes , when I see the pink or the yellow dress, I get the feeling she's colourblind or something. :ermm:

IMO, her dresses would look much better if they were in another colour, because I think the cut of her gowns in general is quite beautiful...

One of her favourite outfits

She wore this orange jacket and skirt several times

• During the StateVisit from Japan
  • During the 100th Coronation celebration
  • During a Visit to Asia
I bet she wore it a thousand times more.

1+2 UK Press, 3 Fotobank

This red dress
  • worn during the Coronation Celebration
  • worn for the StateVisit to Asia
  • and she wore it for an official engagement last week

UK Press, Viennareport, Nrk

I wonder if she ever wore an outfit only 1 time. :rolleyes:

I think the dress looks better with the red jack on.

Another favourite ;)

Seegerpress, Anb, Anb, polfoto, Seegerpress

She wore it for several dinners in Norway , the Statevisit from Bulgaria, for the 60's birthday of Margrethe II , the Visit from Elizabeth II in 2001 and some other State Visits :lol:

Something extremely colourful:lol:.

A "Best of Queen Sonja's Gala dresses"

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
sources used:ANP, Corbis, UK Press, ANB, Polfoto, KnudsensFotosenter, Seegerpress, Rex Features

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Queen Sonja has some dresses that have been remade. What I mean is dresses that was made for her, and them made some changes on, like the green dress she wore for Mette-Marit and Haakons wedding, I know the arms of the dress was cut, and Sonja has worn theese second version at one or two occastions. I was wondering if anyone have pictures of before and after of this and any dresses that has been remade.

Lone

If you look at the collage in the post above yours, you can see this specific dress in the 3rd row (for her son's wedding in 2001) and in the 4th row (at some dinner in Oslo). At least it looks like it is the same gown.

Bytheby, does anyone know when the 2nd pictures of the 1st and 3rd row and the 3rd picture in the last row were taken?

As a CrownPrincess:
wearing a striped Galadress (I like her hair!)

KnudsenFotosenter

Yellow Dress 1969

KnudsensF.

Lonemor said:
I know Queen Sonja has some dresses that have been remade. What I mean is dresses that was made for her, and them made some changes on, like the green dress she wore for Mette-Marit and Haakons wedding, I know the arms of the dress was cut, and Sonja has worn theese second version at one or two occastions. I was wondering if anyone have pictures of before and after of this and any dresses that has been remade.
She always uses her dresses several times. Have a look here.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/queen-sonja-recycling-her-wardrobe-10496.html

Last edited:
Wow! that yellow dress from 1969 are stunning!
But can someone explain me, what does she have in her hand? :flowers:

mims111 said:
Wow! that yellow dress from 1969 are stunning!
But can someone explain me, what does she have in her hand? :flowers:
She's holding one of her gloves! She always uses to wear one of the gloves and is holding the other one in her hand. ;) And she's holding a purse.

Another UFO-hat (KnudsensFotosenter)
I wonder who is the designer...
does anyone know?

:lol: well Sonja has never ending fantasy
but that hat/headpiece/something else is lovely ;)

Her_Majesty said:
Brasil 2003:
Just look at this interesting head-piece :lol: .
It looks interesting to me...

sort of thing Mette Marit would wear , dont you think??

I can't said I specially like it...:sad:

Vanesa.

She also recycled some... crazy:rolleyes: ... dresses:

The Flower Gown:
First Time
Second Time

I hope she disposed it.. but I have a bad feeling :lol:
IMO it was too extravagant and she didn't look good in it at all..

Recycling a 14 (!!!) years old dress:ohmy: :

She wore a dark blue galagown 3 times: The first time she wore it for a Visit to Island in 1992; then it appeared again in Germany in 1994; and we got to see it again for a Statenaquet in 2006.

See her wearing the dress all three times here.

It must be a good feeling to fit into a dress you wore more then 10 years ago! :rolleyes:

12-02-2007

Wearing a new brown/grey galadress for Princess Astrid's birthday:
GALADRESS

:flowers:
(it's not very new: The skirt of this dress is recycled).

Her_Majesty said:
She also recycled some... crazy:rolleyes: ... dresses:

The Flower Gown:
First Time
Second Time

I hope she disposed it.. but I have a bad feeling :lol:
IMO it was too extravagant and she didn't look good in it at all..
I hope she burned it that gown was hideous. Nobody could look good in that dress.

Last edited:
I think they don't know howmutch hats they have, I will have a look inthere closet !! sorry for my english.

Queen Sonja of Norway with President Heinz Fischer of Austria arrive to a gala dinner at Oslo Palace in Norway april 17, 2007.

Red Dress

It's recycled , but still beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom